[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He honestly didn't deserve what happened to him.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 10

He honestly didn't deserve what happened to him.
>>
Why did they have his wife be from some big family in Volantis and then do nothing with that?
>>
>>85531830
yes he fucking did. He was a moron.
>>
>>85532157
>He deserved to have his remaining family members+army murdered.
>He deserved to have his head chopped off and replaced with the decapitated head of his direwolf while being paraded about all because he was a moron.

I wonder what autists like you deserve?
>>
>>85532076
It is rumored she was a Lannister honeypot, and thats who she kept writing all the letters too.
>>
>>85531830
>reddit: the post
>>
>>85532511
Only a woman wouldn't be able to understand how breaking oaths is wrong. Plug up your gaping hole before you come back. Robb deserved everything he got.
>>
>>85531830
Yes he did. He made so many bad decisions, one right after the other, and when you keep making bad decisions there are consequences. Although to be fair, the moment that really doomed him (Stannis killing Renly) was out of his control.
>>
Far better KITN that Jon Snerrr
>>
>>85532888
You say it like the Frey's were honorable in dealing with him. The Red Wedding is something only a woman would do.
>>
>>85531830
He honestly wasn't a good character.

Has maybe 3 scenes in first season where he isn't the focus, then becomes the leader of an army in the second season with too much focus, only to be thrown to the dogs in the third.

It's the plague of the GoT series. Too many character suddenly thrust into importance only to be murdered the next. They are given no chance for building any depth of character besides having sex.
>>
>>85532940
he was only a kid
>>
>>85531830
In the book? Yes, he didn't. In the show? Hell yes he did.
>>
>>85533007
True. Even with all the characters being aged up in the show, he couldn't have been more than about 20 years old. But he still made bad decisions.

>>85532980
In the books, Robb isn't that important of a character, he doesn't even get a single PoV chapter. The problem is like you're saying, Season 2 focused so strongly on him and when he got taken out in Season 3 it felt abrupt and unfair, as opposed to in the books where most people thought "yeah, he had it coming".
>>
>>85531830
Robb was partially the victim of things outside of his control

>being declared King in the North to begin with (not his idea)
>the Vale refusing to help him
>Stannis killing Renly
>the Tyrells happily joining up with the Lannisters after that
>Catelyn freeing Jamie

But mostly the victim of his own bad decisions
>Accepting the title of King in the North
>Trusting Theon
>Killing Lord Karstark
>Not retreating North when it was basically over already (I think he tries in the books, but we're talking about the show)
>And of course, breaking his promise to the Freys

You could also argue that he didn't do enough to work together with Stannis, but I don't remember how the show handles that.
>>
That Frey girl he could have married was a lot hotter than the one he did marry. He was an idiot.
>>
robb is objectively the worst thrones character
>>
>>85533252
The only thing I disagree with, is him heading north when it was basically over. Since the Riverlands swore allegiance to him, he couldn't abandon them to the Lannisters. It was a fucked up situation and ultimately he was a boy playing a game for men.
>>
I liked Robb's character, but he is sandwiched between two more important characters in Ned and Jon. So he is always going to get overshadowed by the two of them.
>>
>>85533418
It was abandon them to save the north or stay and lose both because there is no way to protect the riverlands. The Riverlands is the dumbest fucking kingdom, by all rights it shouldn't exist. Zero natural defenses, it's like the Poland of Westeros.
>>
>>85533418
He was fucking great at playing the game with the men.
He made the same mistake as his father: he was too honorable. Instead of getting some dumb whore pregnant and fucking off he had to go and marry her.
>>
>>85533787
He lost before breaking the wedding vow though.
>>
>>85533932
Because his cunt of a mother freed their most powerful bargaining chip.
With Jaime in their hands they had a decent position.
>>
>>85533070
You what faggot? Have you even read the books? Robb is not that important?
He is one of the major players during book 2 and 3. He doesn't have a POV because Martin didn't want to tell the readers how he is managing to even every single battle. He wanted us to feel it from the lannisters pov.
There are so many mysteries still around Robb like his last will and did he actually warg into greywind during battles and everything.
Not to mention he is the first king in the north since targ rule started.
>>
>>85531830
burn the coal
>>
>>85533377
Did we ever found out who that Frey girl was?
>>
>>85533986
Not really. They were facing the Tyrells (largest army), the Lannisters (most money), the Ironborn, half the Baratheons, and likely the Vale, who would jump in on whatever side was about to win. It was over. Jamie or not, he had no chance of winning the war, best he could do would be to trade for Sansa, retreat north, and hold them off until winter starts (at which point they're all dead anyway).
>>
>>85534127
You're making it seem like it was everyone against them when it was everyone against everyone, that's why it was called Battle of the Five Kings.
The Vale was neutral, half the Baratheons were under Stannis rule that was hostile to both Lannister and Stark, and the other half lost its ruler and was a disorganized mess with terrible lords with no war experience nor talent.
Realistically it was him + Tully versus the Tyrell and the Lannisters, with a strong opportunity for the Vale to join them later if they project a strong enough image.
>>
>>85534219
>with a strong opportunity for the Vale to join them later if they project a strong enough image.
Actually scratch that, I forgot that the Vale was neutral because Lysa was still alive and was a paranoic cunt.
The Vale wouldn't do absolutely anything one war or the other.
>>
Where is my Lady Stoneheart DnD? What the fuck man.
>>
He broke a marriage vow and then had the audacity to come to those same people for help. Walder Frey was an asshole but Robb deserved something.
>>
>>85534219
>Realistically it was him + Tully versus the Tyrell and the Lannisters, with a strong opportunity for the Vale to join them later if they project a strong enough image.

Still not enough. The Tyrells have the biggest army, the Lannisters have the illusion of all the cash (so they can afford to raise huge armies and say "we'll pay you later"). It also helps that the Reach has most of the food, and the North has been busy fighting when they needed to be harvesting. Robb can't afford to drag out the conflict or his whole kingdom will starve when winter starts.
>>
>>85532971
oathbreakers deserve no honor. go dilate your man pussy.
>>
>>85531830
jon snow vs robb stark

who'd win
>>
>>85531830
No, but he honestly should have seen it coming.
>>
>>85534456
Jon, even if he dies he'll come back to life.

Don't see how Robb can kill Azor Ahai.
>>
>>85534400
You're just making assumptions here, in both the books and the show he's shown to be extremely competent, to the point he gets the upper hand through tactical superiority.
Wars aren't won on supplies and men alone, history has shown this countless of times, all he needed was to stop being such a fucking retard like his father and send his mother home where she belongs.
>>
>>85534456
Well, Jon Snow has the magic sword, so...
>>
Would Frey had kept his promise if Robb had married his daughter? I mean the old cunt was pretty late during Robert's Rebellion so I just had a feeling he would do the same if Robb hadn't broken the oath.
>>
>>85534547
>to the point he gets the upper hand through tactical superiority
Against the Lannisters alone. He never has to fight the Lannisters and the Tyrells simultaneously. Tactical brilliance only gets you so far, even Napoleon ran out of men and supplies eventually.
>>
>>85534660
Frey would have let Robb cross in the show. But yeah, I'm not sure how enthusiastic he would have been following Robb into battle as part of a war where they're now dramatically outnumbered. I think the Red Wedding would have just been the Red Battle instead, Boltons and Freys turning on the Starks at Casterly Rock.
>>
>>85534693
Napoleon ran out of men and supplies because he decided to invade Russia while having troubles keeping Spain under check, before that he outperformed coalition after coalition of European powers in the most unfavorable positions.
Don't forget that the Tyrells aren't an unconditional ally to the Lannisters, they want the throne above all, ideally they'd rather have the Lannister and the Stark kill each other off.
>>
>>85534456
>>85534523

i mean as in who's the superior fighter, who'd kill the other one first?

i don't care if jon would come back to life or if he has a valyring steel sword longclaw... would robb kill him in single combat before he'd kill robb?

robb seemed to be superior in the first seasons, especially season 1
>>
>>85531830
Yes he did, he was a walking disaster at anything off the battlefield
>>
>>85534755
I can see this happening. The Freys were never to be trusted nor counted on. You can say Robb was doomed from the very beginning. Even if he had decided to marry the girl and keep the oath he would have been betrayed sooner or later.
>>
>>85534660

For a while maybe. Once it became clear that Robb wasn't going to be on the winning side he would have probably taken up the Lannister offer anyway

Old bastard knew how to keep his House alive

>>85534862

In a one-on-one they'd be pretty evenly matched, since they were both trained by the same guy and have the same build.

By the later seasons Jon probably pulls ahead due to actual combat experience
>>
>>85534828
True, but Napoleon was starting out with the biggest country and largest army to begin with, and picked up plenty of allies along the way (iirc he had all of Italy and most of what's modern-day Germany on his side by 1805). His position wasn't all that unfavorable, he had a lot to work with and he was brilliant to boot.

>the Tyrells aren't an unconditional ally to the Lannisters, they want the throne above all, ideally they'd rather have the Lannister and the Stark kill each other off.
Good point. Kind of a shame that Robb had to promise to marry the Frey girl, he could have made Margaery an offer.
>>
>>85535047
>By the later seasons Jon probably pulls ahead due to actual combat experience
Robb still has more combat experience even if you count seasons 4 to 7, doesn't he?
>>
Robb had a good goal though probably the most relate able, I mean damn his dad got imprisoned and then killed so you can't blame him for going to war and then even marching down south as a northerner to firstly free Ned and then later on get revenge for his death can't blame him desu but he did make questionable decisions he just needed a loyal smart guy at all the political shit at his side because he made a great general.
>>
>>85535047
since jaime lost his hand and barry selmy died who's the best swordsman alive in the tv series? jon? bronn? undead mountain?
>>
why did robb move south when nobody is ever in any position to invade the north?
>>
>>85535171

Robb has been in more battles, but as the King in the North I doubt he actually took part in too much fighting himself

Jaime cutting his way towards him before his capture was probably the closest he got to a worthy fight

Jon on the other hand had little choice in personally fighting as he has pretty much always been in defensive battles and heavily outnumbered

>>85535358

The Hound or the Mountain, followed by the likes of Brienne, Bronn and Thoros (and not counting people like Randyll Tarly who we haven't really seen much of, but is probably more of a general anyway)
>>
>>85535358
Brienne, obviously. Though I do think she won against Hound only on a technicality.

Undead Mountain is more of a force of nature than a swordsman at this point. He just kills people with his bare hands.
>>
>>85535513
Robb went south to free his father and his sisters.

>>85535358
The Undead Mountain
>>
>>85531830
>He honestly didn't deserve what happened to him.
Yeah that's kinda the point.
>>
>>85531830
His biggest mistake was not bending the knee to Stannis. Why the hell did they decide to become independent? Ned was honourable and he backed Stannis so why did Robb decide to play the whole KeenindaNorf if you was honourable as well?
>>
File: qtpie.jpg (2MB, 1906x2653px) Image search: [Google]
qtpie.jpg
2MB, 1906x2653px
>Fuck random brownhealslut
>break off marriage agreement with powerful house
>miss out on THIS

Robb Stark, everyone
>>
>>85535787
Couple reasons:

1. Renly had half the Baratheons and all the Tyrells on his side. Backing Stannis wasn't a good idea since they're both in a perfect position to attack the Riverlands.
2. He's a kid, grieving for his father, desperate for revenge, and men he's respected all his life are shouting that he should be king.

Although I do think that if Stannis had won, Robb would have bent the knee, especially with Jon telling him about the White Walkers. Everyone would be much happier if Tyrion had just run away from King's Landing instead of saving it.
>>
>>85535826
Nigga how would Robb know that Walder had this ready for him, he just assumed he would have got a ugly cunt which we can all agree would not have been nice.
>>
Robb's dumbest mistake was probably making that marriage pact to begin with. A bridge isn't worth that, marry her off to Edmure or Theon. Hell, marry one of the sons off to Arya.
>>
>>85535920
He still should have joined Stannis because he is the rightful king, that's what Ned would have done.
>>
he went back on his word. he lacked honour
>>
Also why exactly did Robb's army had to pass that bridge? Are you telling me it's the only bridge in the entire river? Couldn't they just build some dugout boats? It's pretty easy to do when you have thousands of soldiers at your disposal.
>>
>>85532980
thats their intentions. they dont want you to know whos gonna get killed next, its good that it shakes up the cast rather than following the same group of mary sues
>>
>>85536164
If he tried to join Stannis outright he'd lose, anyone could see that. That's why he sent his mother down to the Stormlands to try to broker an alliance between the Baratheon brothers.

>>85536244
The Lannisters were rampaging across the Riverlands, Robb had to pass quickly to stop them. He didn't have time to build boats or another bridge.
>>
>>85536244

Because he would be invading a land he had no military access to, effectively declaring war on the Freys.
>>
>>85531830

>trying to win a war against the Lannisters
>achieves some good tactical wins against their armies
>needs to cross a bridge to bring themselves one step closer to victory
>fucks around doing nothing for too long while flirting with a commoner, while the Lannisters are trying to recover
>eventually his men turn on him since he lost sight of his goals

To say he didn't "deserve" it is meaningless. His death was a tragic consequence of his past actions.
>>
>>85536244
the whole point of them using the bridge was to save time. they could have went all the way around and avoided the twins all together, but they were pressed for time.
>>
>>85536341
The Riverlands belong to the Tullys. Robb has their permission, he can go wherever he wants. The problem is the Twins themselves, the Freys could be dicks about it and stop him from crossing the bridge.
>>
Robb and Ned were good characters for me because, alongside Bobby B. they were men with the the values and ideals of a previous ages in a new world. It represented the magic returning to Westeros with the death of the honourable traditionalist characters, not because of them being poor at warfare but due to them being unyielding in the change of old into the new world.
The last war was won by men and their blades, whereas this war is fought with different methods.

that's just my take on it anyway
>>
>>85536314
>>85536378
Hannibal was also in a hurry when he was in the Alps and in between a Roman army and mobs of Gauls and managed to build boats for his entire army to cross a river in just a few days. He even had elephants to transport and Robb couldn't somehow not find the time to build boats?
>>85536341
Why would just passing without permission mean declaration of war? Multiple times armies have passed through neutral lands (and sometimes even pillaged said lands) to go and fight somewhere else but it didn't conclude to a war. This isn't some video game.

Also I thought the Freys were the vassals of the Tullies who were Robb's allies so it wouldn't really be a problem "trespassing" on his land

This whole thing seems like bullshit but then again what did I expect from that fat hack.
>>
>>85531830
He may not have but Catlyn did. Pretty much everything that happened to the Starks was set in motion by her kidnapping Tyrion despite Ned directly telling her not too
>>
>>85536244
The Trident is a huge river, there's not gonna be another bridge which can hold the combined weight of 100s of men for 100s of miles in either direction. Plus Walder Frey gave him hundreds or maybe thousands more fighting men.
>>
>>85532076
To make the marriage seem even more unacceptable to his allies?

It does seem like a completely pointless change.
>>
File: seeyouinhell.gif (618KB, 468x252px) Image search: [Google]
seeyouinhell.gif
618KB, 468x252px
>>85531830
>>
>>85535922
He literally could choose any Frey girl he wanted
That was part of the agreement
>>
>>85533070
>In the books, Robb isn't that important of a character, he doesn't even get a single PoV chapter
Robb doesn't have PoV for thematic reasons, but he is extremely important in th ACoK and SoS
>>
>>85534405
you never made an oath in your life
>>
Yes, he did. He's a race mixing, naive moron. He could of just married that damn ham planet just for the allegiance and have a mistress on the side, but no he wants to marry pajeet's cousin twice removed because much love. Dumbass that his whole family killed for nothing.
>>
>>85536164
Stannis wont have let him keep the King in the North title.
>>
>>85535535
>Robb has been in more battles, but as the King in the North I doubt he actually took part in too much fighting himself
It's literally stated in the books that Robb fought in the battles himself.
>>
>>85535535
jamey only killed 10 men in the first battle

I can smash double that in the first skirmish on mountainblade
jamey confirmed fucking scrub
>>
>>85537467
tbf he was like 16

if you ever experience teen love you would understand
>>
It's not about deserving something. Bad things happen to people regardless of whether they were responsible or not. Thats life. Robb did hold some responsibility for his actions, but there are many who didn't, such as his unborn child and his men, yet the still suffered.

It's a shame that the show has made a huge departure from that mentality, it's all about revenge and the heroes one-upping the villains now.
>>
>>85535826
All the Frey girls were used goods by Wader Frey
>>
>>85537013
the gauls weren't hannibals enemies
in fact at cannae lots of gallic allies took part in the battle and hannibal being the tactical god that he was ensured that like 90% of the casualties on his side were gauls and not carthiginians

check the wiki
>>
>>85532076
They figured that having a king/royal hook up with an unconnected foreigner working as a field nurse was one thing, but for her to be lowborn would be going too far into Disney territory.
>>
>>85535535
>worthy fight

I loved Robb but he wouldn't stand a chance 1v1 against prime Jaime.
>>
>>85537748
Not that guy, but weren't at first some gauls tried to killed Hannibal and his men until they later decided to join them?
>>
>>85531830

There's any number of plausible decisions he could have made if the author hadn't made him decide to made the decisions which lead to his loss.
>>
>>85537838
idk desu I only knew about the battle itself
>>
>>85535358
The hound/mountain realistically/Maybe Jorah

But Brienne is the best fighter in the entire GoT World now, Anyone who thinks any character in the entire tv series will ever beat her in a fight in the show is kidding themselves.
>>
>>85531830
that sword is so dull he deserved to die.
>>
The Starks will always be in peril so long as they are so quick to trust people, expecting mutual honor.
>>
>>85536260
>no mary sues
>dany mother of plot armor
>>
>>85537776

Thats what I was trying to say. Robb was unlikely to have been frontline in his battles, so the most he probably fought against were generic Lannister soldiers only.
>>
>>85532511
>instead of honoring his vow to marry a Frey girl he decides to abandon everything for some field nurse
Robb got what was coming to him, even some of the Frey girls weren't bad looking and he had his choice too. He wasn't fit to rule.
>>
>>85537347
Yeah but Walder never showed her until after Robb had already married someone else, he basically trolled him.
>>
>>85531830

That was the point. Now they just kill off characters to save money.
>>
>>85537748
carthage fucking shits
>>
>>85532511
Ok let's put it in perspective
>Frey wants to marry a grandaughter into a great house
>every great house shits on him for years
>Tullys and Starks in particular call him nasty names and talk down to him
>Only house that will ally/marry Freys is the Lannisters
>Robb and his army comes along, at war with the Lannisters + everybody fucking else
>decide to gamble and give your support to him in exchange for a marriage
>Robb goes off and marries some girl he's known for 20 minutes instead of your granddaughter
So basically Walder Frey cut ties with his only ally and declared himself in rebellion against the crown(s) and then provided a great deal of support for Robb's rebellion, he sank a lot of shit into that wolf fucker and he then got screwed for it. Telling him to just marry his granddaughter to Edmure is just adding insult to injury, have you fucking seen Edmure? I'd be pissed too. Anyways my point is that Walder Frey put everything on the line for Robb and didn't really have any other out at that point other than killing him and hoping the Lannisters would have him back, and Robb knowingly put him in that position for a little bit of puss.
>>
>>85533777
>zero natural defenses
Name a single natural defense that Germany and France have? The only "natural defenses" in Europe are the Swiss Alps and the Russian winters.
>>
>>85537407
Correction, he's never broken an oath in his life.
>>
>>85533252
Step 1 marry the frey
Step 2 kill jamie
Step 3 join stannis
>>
>>85535922
For gold, crossing access, and a damned army I think Robb could take one for the team and do her from behind, besides it's not like high lords in westeros are known for their faithfulness in marriage
>>
>>85538906
both 2 and 3 is horribly stupid.
And to be fair, Walder killed Rob because he knew Rob is loosing the war. He probably would have killed Rob even if he married the frey.
>>
>>85539041
True i'm just saying that he didn't know /that/ was available for him he just assumed he would get a big ugly cunt in which as a 14 or 16 year old boy goes would not have suited him and if you think about it Frey was expected to let him past anyway and giving him troops considering he is the bannerman of his grandfather who he is also fighting for.
>>
>>85531830

Deserve has nothing to do with it - Unforgiven.
>>
>>85538489
Weren't the Frey girls inbred or something?
>>
>>85539395
all the nobles are inbred
just some to lesser degrees than others

since the bigger houses tend to only marry into other big houses, they tend to be the most inbred
>>
His death is the reason why I stopped reading the books

Saw season 1 and 2 and he was my favourite character, started reading the book because of him and he died, and I just stopped caring about the series.
>>
File: 1493701757084.jpg (144KB, 618x597px) Image search: [Google]
1493701757084.jpg
144KB, 618x597px
>>85531830
>betray oath
>betrayed in return

wow really made me think
>>
>>85539041
>Robb could take one for the team and do her from behind
>the son of eddard stark
>acting like a nigger
>>
>>85534099
Could've been any since he had free choice.
>>
>>85532076
>big family in Volantis and then do nothing with that?
Holy shit why the fuck would they?

Are we not going to see the conclusion of the Lannister soldier who left his wife an episode ago either?
Oh no
>>
>>85531830
>brove a vow
Yes he did.
>>
>>85531830
He was an asshole for hanging the guy that didn't do anything for the death of those lanister kids
>>
>remember when every choice characters made in the series, especially the ruling class, had consequences and lead to chain events happening that eventually lead to their success or demise, and how when rewatching you could actually follow those chains of events and see how they were obviously making the right or wrong moves and if you paid a bit more attentiont you would probably have been able to see the likes of robb starks death coming sooner or later
>i remember
>>
With how he played his cards, he "deserved" to die. But not like that, not at the dinner table of a purported ally.
>>
>>85540817
deserve aint got nothing to do with it
>>
Walder did nothing wrong.
>>
>>85540942
Walder(Arya) agrees and invites you to dinner. What do?
>>
>>85540988
starve nigga
>>
>>85540925
Although I agree that deserve is the wrong word, he was certainly the instrument of his own downfall.
>>
>>85538741
What he meant was that it's a kingdom literally surrounded by 5 others (Lannisters, the Crowlands, the Iron Islands, the Vale and the Starks) so it's a natural battlefield in case of a war (much like Poland was). If a war is about to happen, Riverlands will suffer for it, whether they participate or don't, whether they like it or not.
>>
>>85540988
Ask him(her) where she got the teleportation machine that allowed her to travel to Frey's castle from Bravos so quickly.
>>
File: 1.jpg (205KB, 1464x888px)
1.jpg
205KB, 1464x888px
>>85531830
It's kind of annoying because in the books he definitely didn't deserve it. He was put in a horrible situation and he made the wrong but right (morally) choice. Especially when you consider that in the books he is what, 14-15 years old?
>>
File: crying wojak.jpg (8KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
crying wojak.jpg
8KB, 208x250px
>>85537688
Sh-shut up!
>>
>>85541307
is there a place where i can find all these comparisons
>>
>>85541307
> "He was put in a horrible situation and he made the wrong but right (morally) choice."

he's not a normie scum like show Robb was with "muh true love" but he could've realised they were in a fucking war and made more pragmatic decisions instead of just spouting "muh honor"

((I did feel sorry for him though))
>>
>>85541307
why does book Robb look like a man over his 40s on that picture?
>>
Friendly reminder that if it weren't for Stannis' shadowbabby, Renly would have easily taken the Iron Throne and been able to help arrange for the North to fight the Others
>>
>>85542482
Renly had no claim to the throne, and was a weak leader as it was.
>>
>>85542482
>Edmure still fucks up

yeah, nice win
>>
>>85542482
reminder that if Renly wasn't a powerhungry cunt and just bent the knee, Stannis would have easily taken the Iron Throne and an actually competent person would lead Westeros against the Others
>>
>>85542548
Renly was connected extremely well politcally and was loved by the people. His military was huge, in high morale, and very well fed. His claim to the throne was quite simple: by Right of Conquest.

Stannis' heir was Renly and would never be able to produce a male heir since his wife is barren (not that he ever fucks her anyway).

Not to mention Renly was actually quite a good strategist. His march on King's Landing was deliberately as slow as possible, since he was preventing food from getting into King's Landing. This meant that while Renly's army ate at feasts every night and had constant tourneys and entertainment, the Lannisters were bleeding themselves against the North while their armies and the people were starving. By the time Renly actually got there they'd probably just give up the city in exchange for a decent meal.

Not saying Renly should have claimed it over his brother, but he absolutely would have won the throne without any doubt
>>
>>85542776
>>85542759
>>85542482
>>85542548
>>85542662
>Renly as King and Margaery as Queen, being the beloved "face" of the kingdom
>Stannis as Hand, doing the actual work and being the true leader

Name a more ideal situation
Protip: you can't
>>
>>85542858
Stannis as King and Renly in a hastily dug grave for trying to take something that was his brother's by right.
>>
>>85542759
This. Renly was a more likable person, but he had no claim to the throne. His refusal to support Stannis killed them both and fucked everything up for the whole realm.
>>
>>85531830

No, he didn't.
>>
>>85543569
Yup, if he told Edmure his plans he would've BTFO Tywin and the Mountain leading to Stannis winning the Black of the Blackwater. Fuck Robb.
>>
>>85539899
he's referencing the fact that it was a pointless departure from the book
>>
>>85532971
>Only a male sociopath would do it.
Women are too stupid to plan such precise mass murder.
>>
>>85543901
>what is the frey wine massacre
>>
>>85543927
A shitty, rushed scene that is worthless without any build up.
>>
>>85544030
"precise mass murder"
>>
>>85544030
There's bound to be a RW 2.0 in the books with Stoneheart and the BWB anyway.
>>
>>85544195
I'm sure, but I imagine grrm will at least do it properly. It's been a while since I watched last season but Arya traveled from Bravos to Westeros and then infiltrated Frey's castle in what, one episode? Needed better pacing.
>>
>>85531830
Did he deserve it? Of course not.

But like Ned, he wasn't suspicious enough of the machinations of the people around him. He put far too much trust in snakes. And he paid for it.
>>
People who justify the breaking of guest right are worse than niggers.

>hurr durr Robb was stupid

he didn't deserve to have his family massacred because he didn't dick walder's daughter
>>
>>85544481
they literally never trust the freys at any point
it's about necessity. There were no other feasible options
>>
why didn't walder just show the hot daughter ahead of time? why not let Robb see her asap?
>>
File: unforgiven-600x272.jpg (39KB, 600x272px) Image search: [Google]
unforgiven-600x272.jpg
39KB, 600x272px
>>
>>85531830
He put a woman before his people and what needed to be done. He was winning. He could have United the entirety of Westeros.
>>
>>85545082
>he was winning
no we wasn't
pay more attention
>>
>>85531830
I could smell his downfall right after he fell in love with Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter.
>>
>>85545157
It was 5 years ago, who gives a fuck. Fuck this show.
>>
>>85533377
>>85534099
>>85539852
hey retards it was a BAIT and SWITCH

the hot daughter wasn't revealed until later then radmure boned her
>>
>>85538658
I mostly agree with your point but marrying off a daughter to Edmure Tully would have normally made Frey cum in his britches.
>>
>>85544502
This. In the books they are nervous about whether Frey will pull some shit, once they get the guest right they are relieved and feel they can trust them. Frey broke one of the sacred rules of men and paid for it.
>>
>>85539566
he is more of caitlyn and not eddard. he did break his promise to the freys and betrayed his lords by shagging an essos twat and then marrying her
>>
This thread proves how interesting the first seasons were.
>>
>>85539852
>>85545587
Yeah but who was the qt actress who played her?
>>
>>85546211
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Alexandra_Dowling
>>
File: 1499090176727.png (151KB, 449x442px) Image search: [Google]
1499090176727.png
151KB, 449x442px
>>85541307
Is there one of these things for Theon, Sansa, and Ramsay? Goddamn, did D&D fuck up Theon's entire arc.
>>
>>85546523
Why should there be one for Ramsay? Is it to show that Book Ramsay is actually more evil and crueler than Show Ramsay? Hell, he's actually more competent as well. He manages to fuck over Stannis and defeat him, and nearly defeated Jon as well.
>>
>>85539283
Yeah, why the fuck did he have to make an arrangement with the freys ???
They are tully Bannermens.
I don't remember what's the reasoning either in the book or film
>>
>>85531830

The actor is a lot better looking than Jon Snow's squishy face. Nicer accent too.
>>
>>85537688
I would be smart enough to know that duty and the entire safety of the family and house depends on my actions. I wouldn't be a complete retard and fuck it up for everyone, expecting Frey to be like "Oh ok, it's all gud". I would separate from by gf in an instant if it meant the safety of me and my family.

Rob literally could have married the qt Frey girl and than have that pajeeta whore whore.
>>
>>85546762
Show!Ramsay and book!Ramsay are so far removed from each other that the former might as well be some shitty OC.
>>
File: Red_wedding_roose_robb.jpg (86KB, 1032x608px) Image search: [Google]
Red_wedding_roose_robb.jpg
86KB, 1032x608px
>>85538489
>>85538658
>>85538906

The Frey had "cause" to betray Robb, but Roose just betrayed him. And that betrayal was probably inevitable.
>>
Yes, he did. He led his army to slaughter because he couldn't keep his emotions in check. He was a failure and a traitor.
>>
>>85551164
>traitor
To whom
>>
>>85550509
Roose wouldn't have done it without support
>>
>>85531830
Actually, he didn't because Ned was a piss poor father who let honor rule while others were under cutting them. That is what fucked over his kids.
>>
>>85545917
He unexpectedly impregnated her, and having been raised with a bastard brother and a mother who hated that brother he knew what it would be like for the child if he didn't stay to be a father to it.

He fucked up, but marrying her was the right thing to do in the light of that fuckup.
>>
>>85537748
The gauls weren't one united nation. Some tribes joined with Hannibal while others were trying to harass his army.

It still doesn't explain why Robb didn't order his men to construct boats so they can cross the river. Why trouble with Frey at all when you know he's an unreliable ally with a very weak army?
>>
>>85531830
ya beheads the karstark, ya gets what's coming to ya
>>
>>85531830
He slept with a foreign whore and was a cuck. Nuff said
>>
>>85553868
eddard would never have had sex before marriage. especially with someone who he isn't supposed to marry
>>
>>85531830

Rob was #1 husbando in GOT
No coincidence there was a sharp drop in quality after he died
>>
>>85532076
really energized my cranial batteries
>>
>>85533252
>the Vale refusing to help him
Honestly his first order of business should've been rooting Lysa out of the Eyrie and hanging her for an oathbreaker. Most of the Vale lords would've supported him because as we learn in Season 5, none of them remotely like Lysa and she isn't a blood Arryn
>>
so, is he a tactical genius or what?
>>
>>85533777
The Riverlands aren't counted as one of the Seven Kingdoms along with the Crownlands, because for the entire time prior to the Targ conquest they were border regions constantly changing hands between the actual Seven Kingdoms. At the time of Aegon's arrival, they were ruled by the Iron Islands, and when Edmyn Tully joined Aegon to drive out the Ironborn, he was given lordship over the entire Riverlands, which from then on became a region on the same level as the actual kingdoms, while not actually being one. Were the Iron Throne to disappear, the Riverlands would quickly become nothing more than a contested border region once more.
>>
>>85557547
he's a tactiCOOL genius haha *plays with girlfriends big ass instead of planning the war I'm leading* i'm the good guy!
>>
>>85531830
I am currently rewatching it and man,he really tempted fate. Also he was still an indecisive kid,he wanted to be tough and kind at the same time. He didn't deserve the humiliation but he certainly isn't without fault

>needs to make a personal sacrifice for the cause (marrying the frey girl)
>nah

>his mother fucks up the whole war for the north
>she wears chains as an accessory and continues to advise him and lives better than his troops

>an honorable (and powerful) man tries to avenge his sons
>robb forbids him and when he kills the lannisters,he kills him,literally killing him for the events his mother caused
>>
The idea that this woman would travel alone to another country to be some sort of unaffiliated true-neutral battle medic, and that she would snark at a king and then fall in love with him, is a little bit fantastical to me.
>>
Robs mistake was not going for boatsex
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.