[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars is objectively better than Star Trek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: preview[1].png (64KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
preview[1].png
64KB, 1920x1200px
Star Wars is objectively better than Star Trek
>>
>>85531522
You know what'll be a fun thread? Making it some dumb bait question between two shit franchises. I'm sure that'll be awesome.
>>
>>85532102
>Star Wars
>Shit
Pleb.
>>
>>85531522
Objectively false, op. Check my 5 for truth.
>>
File: 1500853499228.jpg (92KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
1500853499228.jpg
92KB, 500x688px
>>85531522
>My space-fairytale for children is superior to the endless topics, feelings, hypothetical societies/cultures/species and dramatic situations that are covered in Star Trek's leagues of published work
>>
>>85532718
Star Wars confirmed better.
>>
>>85531522
Star Wars is SJW normie shit but Star Trek is blatant commie propaganda

Just think about what the replicator implies
>>
>>85533343
The replicator "implies" (outright states) that in the future, manufacturing will no longer be done by humans.

Faced with the means of production being essentially worthless, humans would inevitably just give each other everything they need since for a society to revolve around "earning" there must first be work to be done.

The Replicator will probably never exist, but as factories become more automated, and more intellectual jobs become replaced by AI, a halfway point to a post-scarcity economy will be reached and we'll need to have a halfway-solution, usually put forth as a UBI.

That's not communism, anon. That's technological necessity.
>>
>>85532207
You don't have a leg to stand on here anon. Star Trek consists of hours upon hours of exploration into the human condition, the core of what adult science fiction is about. Star Wars is just a children's fantasy tale told in space with pew pew lasers.
>>
The main problem with Star Trek is that they have ALOT more material. But alot of that shit is rehashed, rescrapped ideas. I watched most of TNG and DS9 and the thing they are better at is being insightful and yet at the sametime hilarious. The fights were absolute garbage 50's tier shit though and they never changed it lmao.

Star Wars has movie studio quality, choreographed action, and you only have to watch 7 movies instead of 300+ hours of meh tier episodes to get to the godlike ones. I guess i'm one of those two way fans..

DS9 i'd watch with some other fans or by myself, Star Wars I could watch with alot of people and they won't think it's too obscure. So is it better? yes and no as it will never have the fame and appeal that Star Wars has (plus SW gets away with making good movies and shit tv shows, where as Star Trek made constant movies that bombed.
>>
For the most part, Star Trek is a nothing but a bunch of gay, ham-fisted, preachy pc/sjw bullshit… especially tng, voyager, and ds9.

The only Trek really worth watching is the original tos pilot, "The Cage", and Enterprise… because reasons.

Aside from those two examples, Star Trek is for faggots, those who love faggots, and those who revel in faggoty faggotry.
>>
>>85531522
Star Wars is Fantasy.
Star Trek is Science Fiction.

Stupid to compare the two. People only do it because Star Wars is Fantasy "in space".
>>
>>85535074
They're the same fucking thing.
>>
Only the Star Wars EU is comparable to Star Trek
>>
>>85531522

BHAH thats very subjective and wrong
>>
>>85536110
No it isn't
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.