[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank the reboot trilogy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: 84218734.png (769KB, 1280x755px) Image search: [Google]
84218734.png
769KB, 1280x755px
Rank the reboot trilogy
>>
All are shit.
/thread
>>
>>85526135
Rise>War>Dawn
>>
>>85526366
>War>Dawn

You can't be fucking serious right now
>>
>>85526135
Rise>>>>>>dawn>war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXkpCGwN31Y
>>
Dawn>Rise>War

Dawn was the obvious climax that heightened everything that Rise did well. War sadly played like a melodramatic extended epilogue.
>>
Dawn > Rise = War
>>
File: tumblr_n6rh4mJXfE1s7gti8o1_1280.jpg (334KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6rh4mJXfE1s7gti8o1_1280.jpg
334KB, 1200x1000px
>>85526135
Dawn>War>Rise

there all pretty damn good though.
>>
File: Reeeeee.gif (2MB, 480x481px) Image search: [Google]
Reeeeee.gif
2MB, 480x481px
>>85526135
>>
Planet of the Apes(original)>POTA3>2>4>5>>>>>>shit>>>>POTA remake>>>>>>>>>>>>more mounds of shit>>>>>>>reboot trilogy

Why remake what were already shit films with a boring premise? Only 1 and 3 were really interesting in that regard, 2 had potential but they fucked it and hence stuck to prequels. Nobody really cares about CGI action sequence after CGI action sequence, they will be forgotten as soon as more reboots stop being made. Serkis is a hack
>>
>>85526696
>I've never watched them but I am the authority on their quality

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
So did anyone recently watched Rise? Because it didn't age well

my ranking would go Dawn>War>Rise
>>
>>85526746
They have basically the exact same plot of 4 & 5. I know this because I've seen them all. Oh sorry was calling them shitty action movies causing a butt hurtings for you? Poor baby, go soothe yourself by watching some more thematically empty summer blockbusters
>>
>>85526746
Be nice
>>
File: CN5YAcs.png (29KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
CN5YAcs.png
29KB, 1200x720px
>>85526770
I rewatched them for War.
Rise>Dawn=War
Also, did they completely forget about this motif by War? I didn't notice it anywhere and it seems like a mistake to leave it out.
>>
It's been way too long since I've seen Rise, but I know the CG has aged horribly and all the human actors are people I find inherently goofy and hard to believe in a dramatic film

Dawn I loved, maybe my favorite blockbuster of the decade alongside Fury Road. War was solid but had a really sloppy narrative structure where as soon as one story element was set up it would get resolved in the next scene. It takes away any dramatic tension
>>
>Rise = 7.5/10
My biggest problem with Rise is a lot of the plot hinges on the human characters acting like complete morons. Still, it's a good movie. Caesar's relationship with his human family, seeing him grow and mature, and become the leader of the apes was enjoyable.
>Dawn = 9/10
Best villain, best conflict, a lot of great scenes. Both sides are presented as nuanced and grey, neither is good or evil.
>War = 8/10
A good conclusion to Caesar's story. He's become more embittered and his inner conflict is interesting. I liked how Koba still weighed heavily on him. Maurice and Rocket and Luca got more screentime here than in Dawn, and the new characters were good. A lot of really emotional scenes. The Colonel was an effective character, though probably my least favorite villain of the trilogy. The last third of the movie wasn't quite as enjoyable but still good.
>>
>>85526135

Rise > the rest
>>
>>85526135
>tfw was expecting a shot of a ship crashing down onto Earth somewhere in the background of where the apes found their utopia

I wanted something alluding to George Taylor, dammit
>>
>>85527416
Why would you think that? That's so far off from the current timeline
>>
>>85527416
There might be a reboot movie where that happens, I don't think they're done making these movies.
>>
>>85526770
I watched Rise in preparation for War, I still thought it was good, lot of heart and good moments
Nice seeing it now and seeing Caesar as a kid knowing what he'll grow up doing
>>
Just got back from watching the latest one. Definitely my favorite genre trilogy since at least LotR. Dawn > War > Rise but all are at least 7/10. The fact that they were able to maintain a consistent perspective shift from fully human in Rise to shared in Dawn and fully ape in War is pretty damn commendable. I thought I'd hate the comic relief ape after a few scenes but he ended up working out much better than expected.

What I desperately need is a new trilogy set a few hundred years later that reverses the perspective shift from the first 3 that shows how the apes fall prey to the same faults of the humans and resolves the Chekov's Gun of the Icarus easter egg in Rise.
>>
>>85527921
>Icarus Easter egg
Care to elaborate? I haven't watched Dawn in a while so I don't remember any references to Icarus, where were they?
>>
>>85528152
There was a quick news blurb in the background about the Icarus being launched into space. Definitely an Easter Egg but I think the trilogy did well enough that they'd be stupid to stop now.
>>
>>85528152
>4. Space Flight (of the Apes)
>While events surrounding Will and Caesar continue in the foreground of “Rise,” the media makes several background references to a spaceship named Icarus. A briefly glimpsed news report announces “Icarus Entering Mars Atmosphere” and a few scenes later, a copy of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the same vessel was “Lost in Space.”
>>
File: koba.jpg (42KB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
koba.jpg
42KB, 350x250px
He was right
>>
>>85526875
No they don't. You're wrong.

Opinion...discarded.
>>
My only problem with War is that they never really utilize that one ape who can also talk that they befriended at the lodge (and only used the ape for comedic purposes after the lodge scenes), they also never resolved that plotline about the ape losing its child at the base which was one of the reasons they went there in the first place.

Otherwise it was a really good movie, 8/10 and a nice conclusion for the series.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 992x744px
>>85527921
>that part where everyone walks out of the lodge ready to confront the Colonel's base and comic relief ape has all that snow gear on
Everyone in the theater got a good little chuckle at that
>>
>>85526135
Robert K Rosenthal did the best Review
>>
>>85528423
He killed Ash, his actions are unforgivable
>>
>>85530030
Mine got the biggest laugh out of the sewer part where Maurice tells him to get on his back. He really shouldn't have meshed with the rest of the movie but somehow in a paragraph of dialogue about his back story, you cared about him and bought his motivations.
>>
File: image.png (257KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
257KB, 557x605px
>>85530143
Any scene where Maurice starts speaking english a little bit is so satisfying for some reason.
That's what I love about these movies, despite being just a bunch of primates they're actually really enjoyable characters to watch on screen, it's amazing how well they got these movies right when such a concept could lead to a shitty movie like most of the old sequels.
>>
>>85526366
The complete reverse
>>
>>85526135

War>Dawn>Rise
>>
>>85526158
thats surprisingly not true desu
>>
>>85526135
Saw War last night and I enjoyed it despite the awkward pacing.
But anyways, wtf was with all the religious parallels? Ceaser freeing his people from slavery, leading them across a desert, he's literally fucking being crucified at one point, and Woody Harrelson talking about how it's a holy war with all the Jesus stuff on his desk.

Did Snyder direct this shit or something?
>>
>>85530613
I think it's kind of setting up for how the apes view Caesar in the future given how he's kind of a Jesus-esque figure to them and wants to avoid fighting whenever possible.
Also I just like to think it's a throwback to Charlton Heston playing Moses.
>>
File: 1468082619259.jpg (76KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1468082619259.jpg
76KB, 480x454px
>watch Dawn
>having comfy ape kino time unti 1:11
>apes and humans made peace and it seems like the perfect happy end
>koba shoots ceasar scene where everything goes wrong
>pause movie
>start nervously pacing around room
>finally just turning it off and go shitpost on /tv/ to take my mind off of it

every time
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.