[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Valerian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

File: valerian-2.jpg (114KB, 1087x675px) Image search: [Google]
valerian-2.jpg
114KB, 1087x675px
A month ago, this board was full of Caraposters.
Now that the movie's out, no one's talking about it here.
Is it really that mediocre? Going to see it tonight btw.
>>
>>85524669
>Caraposters
You mean shills failed marketing
>>
>>85524669
Just watched it an hour ago, what a fucking waste of money.
>>
>>85524669
literally no one ever posted about this unless they were paid
>>
File: 1438545152113.jpg (40KB, 618x477px) Image search: [Google]
1438545152113.jpg
40KB, 618x477px
>this is considered a 10/10 in bongland
>>
>>85524804
GIVES IT TO USSSSSSS!!
>>
>>85524740
Does Rihanna have more than 4 lines? If yes, is she ruining the movie?
>>
it's almost as if people post about stuff ironically
>>
File: ironyheh.jpg (112KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
ironyheh.jpg
112KB, 800x500px
>>85524871
Was it tho?
>>
>>85524844
Yes, and yes they really should have put someone else for her character.
>>
>>85525130

>in the movie for like 3 minutes
>SHE RUINED THE WHOLE THING

fuck you faggots.
>>
>>85524669
There is nothing that makes me want to see a movie. I did not read source material, the trailers showed nothing of story, only visual aspects. Last couple of Besson movies were trash. And the actors are kinda putting me off.
>>
>muh peaceful people in heaves
>we wuz kangs
>then the white crackers came and ruined everythang
so space niggers, eh?

>6 million dead
so space nigger jews, eh?
>>
>>85524669
unironically liked it, im glad the trailer didn't spoil any of the plot and even tho I have not read the original comics I think the source material has lot more potential

But the director made it into a mediocre action/space opera like the new Star Trek movies.

If you enjoy a good action movie I suggest you watch it, if you are looking for Sci-fi, then don't

Also there is actually an interesting conflict of views regarding the main problem, it made it a little deeper than other generic space operas but the ending ruined it
>>
File: 1500913822028.png (660KB, 1011x556px) Image search: [Google]
1500913822028.png
660KB, 1011x556px
>>85524669
>>
>>85524669
The prologue is actually a really well done montage, but the rest is by the book drivel. Apex predator gives his worst performances since amazing Spiderman, Cara is actually ok.
Like 5th element, it has great art direction and cool sci-fi concepts, but piss poor writing. I'd say in 2-3 years, it might get cult status.
>>
>>85525152
You forgot
>the movie was shitty already
>>
I saw the trailer for this months ago in the theater and I thought it looked neat

I might go see it
>>
I refuse to accept Cara as an actress. I barely accept her as a model
>>
File: heidi-klum-1-768.jpg (335KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
heidi-klum-1-768.jpg
335KB, 768x1024px
>>85526326
>supermodels used to look like heidi, tyra, rebecca romijn, kathy ireland, etc.
>girls like cara are now award-winning models
>>
>>85526567
Her whole modelling career is a favour to her family. Her godfather is the chairman of the company that owns Vogue.
>>
>>85526603
she's only one example. apart from a few like kate upton, it seems like bitchfaced sticc's and plus-size models have been the trend for years
>>
>>85526698
>kate upton
>not bitchfaced
wut?
>>
>>85524669
It's not terrible. Dehaan's just delivers an incredibly flat performance. I unironically think Cara did a far better job with her role than he did.

The visuals are really nice, the story's OK, and it's got some of the best laughs I've seen in a movie this year, but it suffers from an insurmountable vacuum of charisma. You can thank Dane for pretty much every bit of it. He's got Keanu's lack of vocal inflection but doesn't have the cool factor to offset it.
>>
i really liked the movie but fuck rihanna and her acting took me right out of the movie. it was a good character idea too
>>
>>85524669
damn, Cara looks like THAT?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>paid less than Cara Memeligne
>acts better than her
lmao
>>
>>85527403
kate has the whole girl next door face, don't be an idiot

cara has the euro bitchface kind of model look. except she's not as hot as the other models the other anon said

kate's appeal besides her spectacular tits is that she looks "gettable"
>>
File: 1500753990977.png (126KB, 402x398px) Image search: [Google]
1500753990977.png
126KB, 402x398px
>numale and Fridge Goblin jumping in front of a greenscreen for 2 hours: the movie made by that Luc loser

who the fuck watches this shit and thinks its good?
>>
>>85526567
i would be a supermodel too if my dad was bill gates
>>
>>85524669
I've seen nonstop threads for it.
>>
This movie is garbage.
The costumes and set design look like they belong in a highschool play.
*insert joke* every 5 min
I get that it's scifi but holy shit.
>magic pearls
>magic rat that shits out pearls
>super space nuke melts an entire planet in less than 3 sec yet the ship that crash landed on its surface is intact
>10 min of watching Rhianna dance in different costumes
>Rhianna can't act
>fight scenes are garbage
>visual effects are pretty bad
>they're in front of a green screen the entire time
>the romance story is fucking cringe
>>
Watched it last night. I wanted fight you all... but cant. Wanted to love it. Based on epic foundation scifi. Just stick with the anime/comics. Do yourself a favor and just think of the movie as seperate thing with same name.

Those sick looking kids mouthbreathing in front of a green screen. Uh. Liked John Goodmans performance.
>>
The trailer reminded me of Jupiter Ascending, thats how shitty and pointless it looks
>>
File: Bleck.png (48KB, 142x224px) Image search: [Google]
Bleck.png
48KB, 142x224px
>>85525661
>5th element
>piss poor writing
>>
>>85532931
its true tho
>>
>>85532931
5th element by no means is a crazy well written movie, but its certainly not piss poor
>>
>>85524724
no some people genuinely thinks she's hot for some reason
>>
>one of my favorite french comic book gets a movie
>it's americanized trash by Luc “i wish i were an american jew” Besson
>>
>>85524669
Mediocre is how I'd describe it. It's wonderful-looking, like the sets and costumes etc. It's got some neat action. It had potential to be legitimately good and you can see that poking through here and there, but ultimately it just fails because of the actors, and to a lesser degree, the writing. I sincerely hope whoever cast it never works again.
>>
>>85524669

I still want to see this. The visuals look so good. I have to see for myself how bad they fucked this up.

/tv/ must be exaggerating right? It can't be as bad as they say it is...

>t. never read the comic so I expect nothing
>>
>>85533184
Her family owns a bunch of fashion magazines, they've been shilling her hard for years now. Say something enough times and people start to believe it.
>>
Are there even any good YA sci-fi themed adaptation at this point? When's Animorphs?
>>
>futuristic Sci fi
>wasting regular ass clothes
>>
>>85533350
>The visuals look so good.
Strange. From the trailers and clips I've seen, I couldn't help but wish that the film used practical effects instead of relying so heavily on CGI. I couldn't help but think of the Star Wars prequels every time I saw one of the aliens in Valerian.
>>
>>85524669
Cara isn't the problem it's Dopey McGormless there and his lazy sounding deep voice.
>>
>>85524669
>Is it really that mediocre?

Nah, it's the people on this board who are that mediocre.
>>
>>85530201
rhianna is underrated as a human
>>
>>85535011
She's a fucking nigger
>>
>>85533683
>muh practical effects
go the FUCK back to REDDlT
>>
>>85535200
You are overrated as a human
>>
>>85533431
>YA
>>
>>85533148
this. 5th element was carried by its casting
>>
>>85535329
That's not what your mom said last night, nigger
>>
>>85532033
>*insert joke* every 5 min
This is the problem of capeshits too.
>>
>>85525521
I watches it as well. Better than expected, I do have to say it has a strong first half of the movie on that desert planet. Especially the creative ways they did things. Probably was fun because of the silence at some parts so you could enjoy the view. The rest went too fast.
>>
>>85524928
Fake quote, brah.
>>
>>85536284
>admits he's into racemixing
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>85524669
I never thought it was actually a thing for paid shills to come here and try to hype movies until I got offered money to do it. (I'm a freelance marketer)
>>
>>85526567
Cara isn't a supermodel. She's a model. They are different beings altogether, the bombshell blonde supermodels still exist. Models are regularly picked for their aesthetic quirks that make them less "conventionally attractive".
>>
>>85539837

How do they even quantify that on an anonymous image board?

Can't you just lie and say "yeah, every single post discussing Valerian was me, that'll be ten grand please"?

Do they give you specific things to post? Because I imagine it would stick out like a sore thumb since marketing jews are not going to be able to get the kind of comments actual fans post on /tv/ (e.g. 90% talking about her feet)
>>
>>85524804
What a Goblin.
>>
>>85524669
I fucking liked it a lot, even with all it's flaws.
>>
>>85525237
somehow this lightheaded movie is more political than all the "political struggle" tv show like got
>>
>>85525661
>but the rest is by the book drivel.
as someone said in the other thread, I wouldn't mix "conventional" with "unoriginal". I have no complaint about the story. Main male protag might be the weakest part of the movie, he certainly isn't Bruce Willis level
>>
>>85534069
Dane was miles worse than Cara, the best part of the movie is when hes lying unconscious in some shithole for the whole time
>>
>>85540550
I imagine they don't pay much, so even if the paid shill massively inflates his reported shilling it's not like he is cheating them out of very much money.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.