[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the Tropico 3 of film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 128397184789198.jpg (1MB, 1034x1400px) Image search: [Google]
128397184789198.jpg
1MB, 1034x1400px
What's the Tropico 3 of film?
>>
>>85519481

Most would agree The Dictator 2012 comes close in tone, but Noriega: God's Favorite is decent as dictator in South America movie.
>>
I don't understand the Tropico series, apparently you don't even play as this cool looking El Presidente guy and he's just some dude they use in trailers and shit. So what the fuck is this game even about?
>>
>>85519599
You do, but you control everything from a zenith point of view, like in a RTS game. If they kill or overthrow your Presidente character, the game's over.
>>
>>85519599

You custom create your own Presidente to look like how you want, so you can play as the that guy, but I always made mine look like a capitalist asshole in a tuxedo.

You go through missions, starting with a blank island, and have an end goal to reach, most of the games end in you doing crazy shit like toppling the Illuminati or deposing the US president.

It's like Sim City with a lot of the autistic micro-managing removed and replaced with a comfy tropical communist aesthetic, where you basically just try to exploit your island for as much cash as possible while having keeping the multiple factions of the island happy.

Tropico 5 is fucking trash though because for some reason they make you reuse the same two islands for the entirety of the game, just sorta building on top of what you've already done on previous missions, 3-4 are both fantastic.
>>
>>85520702

a bit off topic but are there any games similar to Tropico (or the sim park, safari etc)? I fucking love simulators of areas, especially if you don't have to be super autistic with your managing.
>>
>>85519481
Che
>>
File: bananas6.png (644KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
bananas6.png
644KB, 853x480px
>>85519481
Bananas
>>
>>85520831

not that i know of, i intentionally avoid city builders because i'm impatient as fuck and tropico doesn't bend you over backwards for not having a college degree in city planning

only other city builder i even know of is anno and that looks way too complicated
>>
el seƱor presidente
>>
Moon Over Parador is the GOAT of tropical dictator-core.
>>
>>85520831
Cities Skylines?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.