[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was this kino, lads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: d18[1].jpg (121KB, 680x1010px) Image search: [Google]
d18[1].jpg
121KB, 680x1010px
was this kino, lads?
>>
>>85518854
It's shit.
>>
>>85518854
No. Tom Hardy was good in it, though.
>>
>>85518854
yes
>>
>>85518854
Haven't seen it. No motivation to
>>
The acting was good
But the first 1h was a drag
They should have shortened the movie
>>
>>85518854
di caprio ruined it
everything else was great, hardy included
>>
>>85518854
it is kino if you have a large HD screen and you watch it alone.
>>85519133
*no*
>>
>>85518854
Really dragged in many parts. Good enough for Leo to get a token Oscar, but Hardy carried the movie and is clearly the better actor.
>>
>>85518854
Elder god tier cinematography and choreography of the scenes. Tom Hardy was fantastic as was Leo and the directing was solid but the script itself was somewhat shallow and bought everything else down with extremely shallow themes (we're all savages hurr durr) and characterizations . Iñárritu wanted to make his Apocalypse Now/Lawrence of Arabia and fell somewhat short. 7/10
>>
>>85520496
mmhhhmmmm
muh pelts
>>
>>85521132
Fucking hell, this just shows you what a pitiful venture it was, half of the style was ripped from Tarkovsky but you think it was meant to be two pieces of fucking middlebrow garbage like Apocalypse Now and Lawrence of Arabia, because that's the human level of people who'd watch anything involving this fetus-faced timeserver.
>>
>>85518854
7/10
Leo is a shit actor though
>>
File: IMG_3464.jpg (30KB, 384x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3464.jpg
30KB, 384x383px
>did nothing wrong
>>
File: 982174.gif (60KB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
982174.gif
60KB, 300x166px
>>85521395
wow you know about tarkovsky jee whizz you must be real intelligent
>>
File: gimmethefuckingoscaryoukikes.png (10KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
gimmethefuckingoscaryoukikes.png
10KB, 212x238px
>>85518854
It's two hours of Leo crawling around in snow doing this face and groaning. Schlomo and friends had to have him crawling around like a dog before they could give him that Oscar.
>>
>>85518854
I hate remakes. The liam neeson original was better.
>>
>>85518854

Still mad he got an Oscar for romping with a CGI bear.
>>
>>85521395
>posting on /tv/
>thinks he isn't middlebrow to the fullest extent
>>
>>85518854
The intense bear scene has already been 1-upped by Dunkirk
>>
The opening is pure kino.
>>
>>85521395
>>85521395
Yeah I mean it's superficially influenced by Tarkovsky but that's about it. And as far as comparisons to Apocalyspe Now or Lawrence are concerned I believe it's more in scope and less in themes. Also yeah you're so high brow for knowing about the most well reguarded Russian director of all time you fucking mong, how about you tell us how The Great Beauty was ripped from La Dolce Vita and 8 1/2 because you don't think we would know better you fucking idiot.
>>
>>85521470
well i mean he could've just threathened the mongrel to shut up instead of stabbing him first thing
>>
>>85524927
The mongrel getting stabbed was the highlight of the movie. The entire thing was shit, only the cinematography was any good.
>>
>>85524927
Or he could have just properly killed Hugh and bought his land in texas.
>>
>>85521470
Is the viewer supposed to dislike Fitzgerald?
>>
>>85518854
Boring and generic, what was the message?Survive?Bitch please...
>>
>>85521395
What's it like being underage and angsty? Been so long I forget faggot.
>>
>>85525109
Well if I was in his shoes I think I would have done the same, there was a huge chance of being killed and I jist wanted to be back quick so I couod get my money and start growing oranges in texas.
>>
You cucks only praise Tom Hardy cause of muh big guy. He's a shit actor who appears only in lowest common denominator garbage.
>>
Is this the /dishonesty/ general?
>>
>>85518854
Way too fucking long

And RoTK and Last Temptation of Dafoe are two of my favorite films
>>
>>85521395
>middlebrow garbage like Apocalypse Now and Lawrence of Arabia
Fucking kill yourself, how can you call those two middlebrow garbage and in the same sentence hold up Tarkovsky as some unknown genius. I hope this is bait
>>
>>85525478
>relative obscurity is the determining factor in a work's artistic value
>>
>>85518854
This is like if /pol/ got together and tried to come up with the most pozzed possible version of the original story, complete with Leonardo DiCaprio raising his wife's son. Why was a story about a man seeking vengeance on the people who left him for dead turned into a white guilt cuckfest?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.