[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Garry Shandling >>>>> Jerry Seinfeld

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Garry Shandling >>>>> Jerry Seinfeld
>>
Garry Shandling is certainly underrated.
>>
I agree. Seinfeld made me chuckle more. But the Larry Sanders show made me laugh.
>>
>>85510960
Yeah there's lines in Larry Sanders that make me burst laughing, I think due to how straight and deadpan they completely play it.
>“And another thing: You do not apply the term ‘pussy-whipped’ to Hank Kingsley. No, he has never been, nor never will be whipped by anything, let alone a pussy."
>>
https://youtu.be/AQRZawIwJGs
>>
>>85510733
Larry > Artie > Hank
>>
>>85510733
did Elaine ever appear on Larry Sanders? I know Kramer George and Jerry did.
>>
if he's so great how come he's dead
>>
>>85511499
Massive heart attack. Guy was evidently very stressed.
>>
File: shandling doucett.jpg (37KB, 520x373px) Image search: [Google]
shandling doucett.jpg
37KB, 520x373px
Garry is the thinking man's Seinfeld. That sounds like an insult to Jerry but its not, Seinfeld and Larry Sanders are just different levels of accessibility. Both are GOAT tier but LSS is so good sometimes it leaves me amazed...Episodes like "Office Romance" are the pinnacle of sitcom imo.

>>85511499
If he hadn't been alone at the time he probably would've lived. Scary...

His ex, playboy model Linda Doucett:

>“The only reason we broke up was because I wanted a child and Garry didn’t. I was 40 and really wanted a baby and he was afraid of having a child because his brother died of an illness [cystic fibrosis] and he was always afraid that his child could have it. He loved women but he did regret not having a family,” a source close to Garry reveals. “He loved his life, but that would probably be his main regret — never settling down with a wife and having children.

>Doucett said in her interview that despite their split, she and Shandling had been close over the past few years, up until his death from a massive heart attack last Thursday.
'We were friends. We were in touch the whole time, until last week. We were working on our issues, trying to put everything behind us and move on,' said Doucett. 'There are some things in life where you don’t get complete closure. But the last time we spoke, he said, "We’re working on closure," and we both laughed and said, "Maybe in the next life."'

Ooof....Apparently he had a traditional Buddhist funeral but the place was packed with comics telling filthy jokes. Norm and Conan did great eulogies of him.
>>
Even this pic with his bff Kevin Nealon and pet dog is just...funny.
>>
>>85512044
>.Episodes like "Office Romance" are the pinnacle of sitcom imo.
I think Beginning of the End was the peak of the show's "heart".Colin Hay's performance of "I Can't Take This Town" in an episode where Larry and Artie are screwed left, right, and center by sleazy Los Angeles studio honchos and agents is almost too perfect. Larry's "If you'll excuse me I have to go be on television" after learning his agent got him a shitty deal is shockingly powerful. And of course there's the scene with Hank where Larry actually shows his vulnerable side to his sidekick for once and asks for his advice.

If I could marry that episode I would. If I could marry that show I would. It is a 10/10, and actually better than Curb Your Enthusiasm.
>>
>>85512163
I totally agree I don't even watch it often, there's episodes I haven't seen even, because its just too fucking perfect it blows everything else I'd be watching outta the water.
>>
Seinfeld was only great due to costanza slash Larry David
Larry was only good due to rip torn and pop pop
>>
>>85513695
Both played the straight men on their respective shows
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.