[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fantasy films can't be kin-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: black angel .jpg (46KB, 360x530px) Image search: [Google]
black angel .jpg
46KB, 360x530px
>fantasy films can't be kin-
>>
A nice poster does not a good film make. Compared to many other 80s films Black Angel has aged like milk.
>>
>>85504300
Excalibur is bretty good and Fellowship of the Ring is comfy. But yeah, probably not kino.
>>
>>85505025
nah. looks beautiful
plot is a bit thin though
>>
Purest fantasy kino coming through.
>>
File: Warcraft_Poster.jpg (792KB, 3000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft_Poster.jpg
792KB, 3000x1500px
>>85504300
For the source material I thought this was fucking great, perfect tone and style, and was genuinely disappointed it didn't do better domestically. Even more so is the director and some of the cast were Warcraft nerds, or just having fun and were onboard.
https://youtu.be/zByWMvVIfiw
https://youtu.be/h4q-CUluldY

Doesn't have deep symbolism or meaning, but it's well done.
>>
>>85505961
>I liked a lot of it myself, and with me, a few broadswords and leather jerkins go a long way.
>"Conan" is a perfect fantasy for the alienated preadolescent
>Valeria is everything you could ever hope for in a woman, if you are a muscle-bound preadolescent, of course. She is lanky and muscular and a great sport, and she can ride, throw, stab, fence, and climb ropes as good as a boy.
>But when Conan and Doom meet at the top of the Mountain of Power, it was, for me, a rather unsettling image to see this Nordic superman confronting a black, and when Doom's head was sliced off and contemptuously thrown down the flight of stairs by the muscular blond Conan, I found myself thinking that Leni Reifenstahl could have directed the scene, and that Goebbels might have applauded it.
>Am I being too sensitive? Perhaps. But when Conan appeared in the pulps of the 1930s, the character suggested in certain unstated ways the same sort of Nordic super-race myths that were being peddled in Germany. These days we are more innocent again, and Conan is seen as a pure fantasy, like his British cousin, Tarzan, or his contemporary, Flash Gordon. My only reflection is that, at a time when there are no roles for blacks in Hollywood if they are not named Richard Pryor, it is a little unsettling to see a great black actor assigned to a role in which he is beheaded by a proto-Nordic avenger.

Roger Ebert seems to misunderstand or completely miss basic setting or something, or only review at a surface-level. He had a weird taste.

He seemed like an opposite to Armond White.
>>
File: maximus r de fault.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maximus r de fault.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
my ass hurts
>>
>>85507180
>tale of tales
fucking
finally

been looking for this ever since i saw thumbnail image like a year ago and reverse search would give nothing
>>
File: blackest men in finland.jpg (53KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
blackest men in finland.jpg
53KB, 640x426px
>>85507317
my ass still hurts
>>
>>85507317
its shit
>>
is Black Angel available on video anywhere? Or just like iTunes or some shit?
>>
>>85504300
o
>>
>>85508640
there's a torrent on tpb right now. i don't have any invites to more 'elite' places tho.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.