[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

your thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0761.jpg (354KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0761.jpg
354KB, 1280x1024px
your thoughts
>>
Why is Denis Leary a firefighter this breaks my immersion because he's an actor in real life
>>
File: legmanvsbootdick.jpg (266KB, 640x1024px) Image search: [Google]
legmanvsbootdick.jpg
266KB, 640x1024px
>>85504110
Who would win?
>>
Good for a few seasons but then just repeats the tired premise over and over. It was really a one trick pony that got dragged out way too long. Leary is always watchable and relatable throughout though.
>>
>>85504240
Leary with the alien artifact dick.
>>
>>85504275
Basically this.

I watched it as it started airing when I was an impressionable 14-17 year old. Pretty much have the same opinion as you: Seasons 1-3 were amazing. That might be the nostalgia talking but I thought it was hilarious, heartfelt, full of great social commentary and interesting characters. Then season 4 came and while I was underwhelmed by it, there were still decent episodes (even though Black Sean was such a terrible affirmative action hire character in every way). I was also really tired of watching Tommy get emasculated, which about 50% of the show's humor relied on. Not enough crazy fires like in the first few seasons. Then it went on a two year hiatus and I think that killed whatever moment um it had. Season 5 is terrible and the 20 episode order really killed it. So much garbage in that season. Seasons 6 and 7 were just average but like you said the final episode really brought the whole thing together and made the show worth watching in the end. I can only muster up a 6/10 for the whole series. The fifth, sixth, and most of the 7th season really fucked it over.
>>
>>85504275
Yeah, seasons 1-5 are excellent, the last two are complete trash
>>
>>85504385
The only thing that made the show watchable after the first few seasons was the bro-ship and banter among the firehouse.
>>
>>85504110
Watched it and Nip Tuck while they both aired, lots of jerking off to hot softcore action
>>
>>85505570
>dat season 3 rape scene which turns consensual halfway through
my dick was so confused.
>>
I got about halfway through the first season then stopped, because I felt like it was too focused on making every single story about sex. When the younger dude saves the one guy, then he starts stalking him, I was like holy fuck, here we go- oh, no, he just wants to have a three way with him and his girlfriend.

Another gripe I have, that's kinda stupid, was the dick size contest. It was funny, but I kinda found it hard to believe that they were all packing 8"-12". I get that they're badass firefighter Chads, that's cool with me, but I didn't really need a concrete number to tell me that these dudes are alpha as fuck big swinging dicks, and having the smallest number be like 6.5" kinda broke my suspension of disbelief. Not a big issue, but it kinda piled on.

Then you've got shit like when Denis Leary is talking to the little girl as they pull her out from under the debris, and when they free her, she's already dead, and the other guys all stare at him going "What the fuck?" Blew my fucking mind, I'll remember that scene for the rest of my life.

The concept of a show centering around NYFD members dealing with post-9/11 trauma is amazing, but I felt like the few episodes I did watch didn't really deliver for me.
>>
>>85506174
You should give it another chance. The second and third seasons especially have a lot of cool mindblowing stuff like what you mentioned.

But I get what you're saying about it being very heavy on sex. It's like The Sopranos with violence. There's pathos in between.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.