[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today is #KubrickDay Holy fuck! What is your best Kubrick's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: stanley-kubrick.jpg (36KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
stanley-kubrick.jpg
36KB, 768x432px
Today is #KubrickDay

Holy fuck!

What is your best Kubrick's?
>>
>>85502265
i can't rank the films but Paths Of Glory is his most under-rated. if you don't get choked up at the final scene you haven't understood the film. incredible.
>>
>>85502771
that really is a fantastic film.
i think id rank barry lyndon as my favorite though. ive seen it many times, and each time i find something new to like in it.
>>
>>85503584
also not appreciated enough. it's amazing how many perfect films he's made but i suppose it speaks to his uncompromising vision and sheer skill
>>
>>85502265
Shining was his worst
>>
>>85505682
it couldn't possibly be his worst. either you haven't seen all his films or you are trolling
>>
>>85505856
no way it is worse than eyes wide shut.
>>
Full Metal Jacket > Eyes Wide Shut > A Clockwork Orange > The Shining

Now I want to see this commiekino called Spartacus.
>>
>>85505936
ok, even if you hated that movie you haven't seen his worst movies. he has made a few absolutely terrible ones.

also the shining is one of his best movies. you are a little kid if you think it's Eyes Wide Shut level
>>
>>85506223
The Shining is a piece of trash.
>>
>>85505682
not at all
look at all of his early work that he never talked about. even his first big hit, the killing, is a generic 50s hollywood caper-noir done under the hays code. the ending is so shitty and forced because of the code especially.
>>
>>85506152
>commiekino
in what world?

>>85506356
incorrect
>>
>>85506377
the killing isn't even his worst he made two or three that were runaway the worst
>>
>>85506356
Agreed
>>
>no oscar for best picture
>no oscar for best director
he's only praised by film 101 students who's favorite films include drive and there will be blood.
>>
>>85506429
now it's a troll thread. this is why we can't have nice things
>>
>>85502265
I haven't seen Paths of Glory or Barry Lyndon.
But pretty much everything else
Eyes Wide Shut was my favorite. Then Full Metal Jacket Then The Shining Then 2001
>>
>>85506472
>this is why we can't have nice things
nice redditarian retort
>>
>>85506429
got to be bait. no way anybody could seriously think things like the oscars are a indicator of actual talent.

>>85506223
hope you arnt calling me a little kid as i do like the shinning. jack Nicholson being creepy and crazy then trying to axe murder his family? that is fucking great.
>>
>>85506547
right i almost forgot you have to say exactly the right code words at all times to make a great 4chan response so that there's never any original content just recycled memes.

also i've never been on reddit.
>>
>>85506378
Screenplay by Trumbo.
>>
>>85507390
i know that when you're borderline retarded it's difficult to differentiate between a person and their work but normal adults do this and have no trouble. it's a life skill that you should at least emulate if you cannot learn it.
>>
>>85507613
what is this anon saying is commiekino about Spartacus?
>>
>>85506429
He also won razzies oh my gooooood
>>
File: parker.png (838KB, 885x912px) Image search: [Google]
parker.png
838KB, 885x912px
>the second half of FMJ is bad
>>
2001 is my favorite, but mainly because thats the type of movie I like, Barry Lyndon I would say is his most under rated, his worst is that early war movie he tried to do before the killing.
>>
>>85507663
this anon seems to imply that everything Dalton Trumbo ever wrote is communist which is pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>85507718
2nd half FMJ is pleb filter
>>
File: film.jpg (1MB, 1952x1744px) Image search: [Google]
film.jpg
1MB, 1952x1744px
>>
If he decided to direct AI: Artificial Intelligence instead of Eyes Wide Shut, do you think (((they))) would have still killed him?
>>
>>85507718
i can honestly see how some might say that as it is such a big shift in tone and subject matter.

the first half is about normal everyday guys taken from normal life put into bootcamp. and their struggle as they are put through a process to make them obedient rank and file soldiers.

the second part covers the war in vietnam and has social criticism of that war built in.

i think both parts fit together well and tell a complete story, but some dont seem to get that.
>>
>>85505936
His best.
>>
>>85507821
>i think both parts fit together well and tell a complete story,
this is the entire function of the film. it's in two parts. the way it's done is nothing short of a brilliant work of art as the viewer is forced through a complex emotional journey through desensitization and its practical effect. that's the core of the story.
>>
>>85506356
neck yourself
>>
>>85507754
>>
>>85502265
>hashtag
kys
>>
>>85507789
Lmao nah. Kubrick is like that one image of the guy standing on bookstacks plebs like him and then you dont like him and you think youre so above the plebs when in reality you are the plebbiest of them all. I guess what im saying is read a fucking book
>>
>>85507789
This

fuck off pseuds
>>
everything he made was a masterpiece, obviously besides his first two films
>>
>>85502265
Barry Lyndon> Full Metal Jacket>Strange Love>Spartacus>Paths of Glory>2001>Eyes Wide Shut>Clockwork>Shining>Killing>lolita

Haven't seen his first two movies
>>
>>85502265
The moon landing.
>>
>>85507985
not even close. HAVE YOU EVEN READ NABOKOV
>>
>>85507985
>Spartacus that high
what are you smoking?
>>
>>85508079
>massive battle full of real soldiers as extras
wtf are you smoking denying Spartacus as kino? I've been watching that movie since I was 10 so it's a personal favorite.
>>
>>85508026
I don't give a shit about a dumb loli book or the dumb loli story.
>>
>>85508196
you're actually the one who's dumb here
>>
>>85502265
Best Kubricks that I've seen:
>Eyes Wide Shut, 2001, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket

I should add that I've only seen Eyes Wide Shut, 2001, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket.
What should I watch next? I was thinking Clockwork Orange.
>>
>>85506429
>favorite films can't include Drive
Wrong board, friend. /trash/ is that way
>>
>>85507789
>"Plato, Aristotle & Socrates are revered. Therefore they're plebian."
>>
>>85507789
>implying Cannes is shit
>implying Kubrick is bad
>implying using imdb is bad
rest of the image might be correct, as I don't know what anything else there is
>>
>>85508276
clockwork is good. barry lyndon is his best. but it is long. dr stranglelove is good if you pay attention and get the cold war based dark humor
>>
>>85506152
Spartacus is good but it isn't even a Kubrick movie in my eyes. it so rarely feels like him. Paths of Glory, The Shining, 2001, Barry Lyndon and Clockwork Orange are all masterpieces
>>
>>85507789
>a torrent site
>a bit torrent client
confused_negro.png
>>
File: kubrick quote on power.jpg (69KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
kubrick quote on power.jpg
69KB, 850x400px
>>85508370
Okay, I'll watch Clockwork next and then Dr. Strangelove. I get the feeling Barry Lyndon is his best work so I will save the best for last!
>>
>>85508276
Clockwork Orange is a good choice based on the ones you liked. After that watch Dr. Strangelove, Eyes Wide Shut and Paths of Glory
>>
>>85508411
anon above reminded me of paths of glory. probably the best ww1 film ever.
>>
>>85508227
who cares you pseud
>>
>>85508399
Its a sign you are a pretensions hipster who doesn't have a physical collection.
>>
>>85508575
>pretentions hipster

You dawg, what is you? Sum kind of pretensions hipster?
>>
>>85508880
don't you have a tarkhacksy film to fall asleep to
>>
>>85508379

IIRC Kubrick was kind of a hired gun on Spartacus, Kirk Douglas brought him in after the original director was fired, because Douglas liked working with Kubrick on Paths of Glory.
>>
>>85509275
lot of effort for a hired gun...
>>
>>85509530
or perhaps he's wondering why someone would stab a man before tying him to a cross?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.