[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally the last one standing after all is said and done.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

Literally the last one standing after all is said and done.
>>
>>85501427
The MVP of the Alien franchise.
>>
File: 083b580f9514ce5c9b038b9241cf3af3.jpg (386KB, 1024x1489px) Image search: [Google]
083b580f9514ce5c9b038b9241cf3af3.jpg
386KB, 1024x1489px
I was annoyed that Jonesy died in the Alien 3 novel and wish they would've just left her fate a mystery
>>
File: Alien060.jpg (36KB, 828x358px) Image search: [Google]
Alien060.jpg
36KB, 828x358px
>watches you die in agony
>>
File: 45526_1.jpg (145KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
45526_1.jpg
145KB, 630x630px
Based kitty.
>>
>>85501427
He died during stasis into Aliens 3 didnt he?
>>
>>85501427

Perhaps in the fictional universe, but not IRL.

Four animals were available to portray Jones during filming, courtesy "Animals Unlimited". Despite it being my favorite film, I still struggle to tell the animals apart (though admittedly the one in this frame looks a bit different than the one in close-up during the Brett kill). I'm not even sure if footage of all four animals made it into the final cut(s), or if some animals were left on the cutting-room floor, as it were.

The longest-lived cat on record, Creme-puff, lived something like 38 years. Alien was produced just past that many years ago, and with adult cats at that, so that it would be quite impossible for any of those cats to still be alive. The first principal cast member to leave this vale of tears, John Hurt, only did so several months ago.

You're also forgetting Morse, anon, who in lesser canon probably did outlive Jones, staying alive in prison for years afterwards. I'm not crazy about Alien^3 but I do acknowledge it as relevant canon unlike most of the rest of the nonsense-variations-on-a-theme which have followed over the past decade-ish.
>>
>>85501427
good ol kat
>>
>>85502047

Noperz. The last that we see of the character of Jones the cat is the conclusion of Alien's first act, where Ripley finally resolves to get back out there - but leaving Jones behind: "And you, you little shithead... you're staying here." Jones returns her gaze, looking non-plussed. We never see Jones again in any way shape manner or form in any of the related films (I leave comics and fanfics etc as a separate question).

One wonders who, if anyone, Jones might have been left with. A realistic theory is that Ripley developed at least a rapport with at least one other co-worker during her dock-worker stint, and might have left the animal with that person. Either way it's quite reasonable and plausible to say that Jones and Morse are the only meaningful survivors of the initial trilogy.

Presumably at least one additional animal was available to portray Jones during Aliens' first act, and maybe more. So I get ~5 animals which have portrayed the character.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.