[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It Memes At Night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg (281KB, 1280x1897px) Image search: [Google]
it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg
281KB, 1280x1897px
What does /tv/ think of this movie?
>>
overhyped. It was alright though.
Music was nice, Joel Edgerton had a good performance. Riley Keough was fine too. Casting was weird becasue Edgertons family was mixed but the son was clearly just some black kid who showed up and didnt look mixed race at all.
Plot was minimalist to a pretty annoying degree considering how vague the presentation is. The director was clearly trying to make a movie people would endlessley theorize about but the story is just so bare bones and drawn out that the vagueness is more annoying than intriguing.
The scares were also for the most part pretty lackluster with the only one that was any good being the dog running way (mostly because it was the only one that didnt happen in a fucking dream). But mostly the scares were so stupid.
>travis is dreaming about his grandfather
>grandfather just lurches upwards and vomits when the music suddenly gets loud
>dreaming about grandpa again
>grandpa opens his mouth and starts screaming after it was really quiet and the music (i shit you not) builds up with him as a he stares at the camera and screams for 5 uninterrupted seconds, fucking laughable
>Travis stares at the open door
>nothing even happens but the music suddenly becomes really fucking loud but LITERALLY nothing happened and Travis runs way
also
>using dream sequences
>ever

Director has a lot to learn. He did an alright job with this but he could be great
>>
>>85499386
krisha was kino. this was just another run of the mill A24 suspense flick.
>>
File: E2geSCv.jpg (59KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
E2geSCv.jpg
59KB, 300x300px
>>85499386
>it comes at night....

Sounds neat, will try to watch. No real expectations though.
>>
>>85499386
I haven't seen it but I don't like how everyone's opinion seems to be "It's overrated." It makes me pretty angry to be honest. Just being contrarian for the sake of not forming a well-developed opinion or criticism is the ultimate sign of being a pleb. I plan on watching it soon and I have no expectations. I plan on giving it fair chance and having more to say about it when people like you ask than "it's overrated."

>>85499641
By the way I'm not referring to you, you seem to have offered a comprehensive breakdown of your criticisms and I appreciate that, though I didn't read all of them so I wouldn't have anything spoiled.
>>
>>85499961
The film is decent, but the title is an odd choice, I'm guess it was intended to deceive
>>
>>85499641
I agree about the dream sequences. Easily the worst horror film trope. Especially annoying when scary stuff ONLY happens in dream sequences. How about some real life scary stuff?

The other meme that sucked in this movie was the "infected but try to hide it" trope. So boring.

Decent/10
>>
>>85500713

It Comes At Night is a perfect title, what the fuck are you talking about?

"It" is not referring to a physical being
>>
File: wat.jpg (25KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
25KB, 600x512px
>>85500136
>Other people didn't like a film I haven't seen yet
>For no reason I have decided that their opinions are intentionally contrarian as opposed to genuine, despite the fact that people can't really control what they do and don't enjoy
>I haven't even seen the film yet
>Everyone else's opinion is wrong
>>
>>85500754
So what does come at night?
>>
>>85500816
It is constipated.
>>
>>85501115
funny
>>
>>85499386
who killed the doggo?
>>
>>85501633
[s] probably ate something spoilt out there [/s]
>>
>>85501700
how the fuck do you do spoilers
>>
It was a typical modern American indie film.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.