[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Angel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Wesley and Illyria.jpg (77KB, 711x400px) Image search: [Google]
Wesley and Illyria.jpg
77KB, 711x400px
Been slowly rewatching final season, the end is near.
Why is everything she says, trashing my feels so hard? It's taking muh feels on a wild ride and then crushing them like ants.
How can this man endure so much pain? Why doesn't his suffering ever end?
>We cling to what is gone. Is there anything in this life but grief?
>>
>would you like me to lie to you now
>>
>>85494646

He finds commonality in their shared losses. Which is why she ends up keeping his body after his death.

Wes gave her something important though in the end, an understanding of humanity that broadened and enlightened her in a way that goes beyond seeking power. It probably ended up saving more lives in the end than anything else Wes ever did.
>>
>>85494646
It's amazing how Wesley goes from one of the worst characters in Buffy to the best character in Angel.
>>
>I'll take away your bucket
>>
File: feels.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>>85494703
;_;
Wesley... my Wesley...
On top of his pain, then it's her pain and the pain of them both combined... It's its too much bros...
>>
Seriously people
I dunno how he can take it
>Found qt on hell dimension, she had been tortured for 5 years. "Handsome man saves me from the monsters" Stupid Angel doesn't even care
>Wesley tries to kill qt under spell, first strike of pain, overwhelming guilt that pulls him apart from qt.
>Enters love triangle, girl chooses the wrong guy. He has to watch with a smile on his face as he gets cucked
>Demon prophecy tricks him into betraying everyone, he has no friends and no qt now.
>His bff tries to kill him
>Still keeping the alpha face
>Remakes his life with new gf, evil gf but at least he cares.
>Evil new gf dies
>Takes him a while but he finally ends up with the gf he was always meant to be, they were happy for about a week
>qt gf dies on his arms
>Blue gf is now his responsibility, she's awesome and all, but everything she says is pure heartbreaking existentialism
>he has to look at her everyday as a constant reminder of what he lost
>Still manages to keep the alpha face
How does he do it?
>>
>>85495303

You're misinterpreting the evidence. He is an Omega, not an Alpha. Which is why nothing stops him. He's the guy people to turn to when all else fails. That is Omega behavior.
>>
>>85495303
>girl chooses the wrong guy
I always forget Gunn exists
>>
>>85495392
So, is the Omega secretly more patrician than the Alpha?
The level of endurance he had... Stoic af
>>85494745
I have an understanding that Fred's soul "merged" with Illyria's somehow, which is about the first thing that starts to make her more human, along with Wesley's talks.
>>
>>85495694

you could say so to your first bit. Angel is technically an Alpha, he is a guy that is endearing because he becomes what people need him to be. He could be considered a one note chad if not for all the bullshit he has to put up with and his past.

He is saddled with crimes that are not his own but a demon's. The demon's aren't supposed to be his crimes but they're attributed to him. Demon never got the soul of the man, making Angel in some way's the worlds greatest jailer keeping Angelus locked up inside him, constantly fighting him at his core.

Which in turns Angel into a champion. He has to fight himself and never really gets what he wants and works for his enemies to give his undeserving son a chance he never had, something his own father never gave to him.

But he couldn't accomplish all of that without someone like Wes or Doyle. Or even Lorne. Lorne was a beta that sacrificed who he was for the mission, same with Doyle. Of all of them Wes is definitely an Omega, he doesn't change or fight himself, he just embraces what he has always been which actually makes him more effective and understanding. It's like becoming the ultimate empath. Look at how he handles Faith in season 3 of buffy compared to season 1 of Angel or even Season 4 of Angel.

It is a huge marked difference between the 3 periods.

Attempted to go from Beta to Alpha, to Omega. He isn't an alpha, his betrayal of Angel and mistakes of ego show that. He wasn't a leader till he finally accepted, going as far as murdering his own father to protect fred, even Angel realizes this in the end. He's the guy always does what nobody else can even Angel.
>>
>>85495538
Oh he did... and every minute of his screentime he got after that became a reminder he was the wrong guy. Like Groo on the same show. Or Riley on Buffy.
They were all ok guys, just, the wrong ones.
Is this why people say Whedon is a hack?
>>
File: major lilywhite.jpg (33KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
major lilywhite.jpg
33KB, 768x433px
>>85495938
Sounds accurate
But why does he have to suffer that much?
Is this the obligatory path a GOAT character has to walk?
Anyone seen iZombie also?
Major is starting to remind me of Wesley
>>
I want to amypost but all my amys are on my computer, and I am on my phone. Im sorry lads. I guess this thread just wasn't meant to be an amy thread.
>>
>>85496127
>They were all ok guys, just, the wrong ones.
I would add Kennedy to that but:
1. She is a she
2. The cunt was not okay.
>>
File: angel-fred.jpg (56KB, 700x404px) Image search: [Google]
angel-fred.jpg
56KB, 700x404px
>>85498030
I would do it myself, but it feels kind of lonely to be the only one... It doesn't seem to be many people right now. I like amy threads and show talk too.
But there will be other chances I guess.
>>
>>85498173
Just remembered there was Cordelia and Connor too.
Why did Whedon continue to do that?
It's a big "fuck you" on your face very time you thought the pairing was about to get right...
>>
>>85495538
And the fucker survives.
>>
>>85498511
Because he was pissed as all hell at Charisma Carpenter for getting pregnant and ruining his story plans. He intentionally ruined her character as a result.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.