[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something that always perplexed me about the Raimi films was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2608.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2608.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
Something that always perplexed me about the Raimi films was why the first 'J.' in J. Jonah Jameson stood for "Judas". What was Raimi attempting to convey through this baffling choice of name?
>>
>In a 2012 interview with Empire, Sam Raimi revealed how Uncle Ben's death scene was filmed. Toby McGuire had expressed concern about the overtly racist and Nazi-esque dialogue Raimi had written for him and Cliff Robertson. He claims that this exchange was not in the final draft script but was added later by Raimi. Toby and Cliff called a special meeting with Sam Raimi on the set and told him that they wouldn't do the scene unless this dialogue was removed. There was also questions regarding the casting of a black actor in the role of Ben's killer, as Raimi personally ordered his costume and makeup to evoke what he called "a typical street nigger". Raimi decided to recast the character at the last minute with a white actor, but rewrote his scenes to make him a communist radical. "It was a fair compromise", Raimi noted.
>Raimi responded angrily to McGuire's protest, reportedly calling him a myriad of offensive expletives and threatening the actor's life. Toby also claims that Raimi physically assaulted him on several occasions. "He made the shoot a living hell", McGuire commented, "anyone who questioned his vision for the film was harshly punished". Composer Danny Elfman also refused to include portions of the German national anthem in his score, and editor Bob Murawski was fired for objecting to the use of Nazi propaganda footage during the film's iconic montage sequences.

Jesus Christ
>>
ITT: unfunny faggots trying to prove how unfunny they are, why not use your talents for something like SNL or Kimmel?
>>
This level of artistic flair will never be found in the MCU flicks.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.