[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

And the Oscar for best picture goes to...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: GetOutWhite2.jpg (28KB, 720x300px) Image search: [Google]
GetOutWhite2.jpg
28KB, 720x300px
And the Oscar for best picture goes to...
>>
>>85482360
it wouldn't surprise me if this crap gets an oscar
>>
I watched this movie with an open mind and its objectively shit. It's a shame cause I was expecting something good. How it has 99% with almost 300 reviews on Rottentomatoes is fucking mindboggling.

I'm legit scared for the future of filmmaking.
>>
Why did this movie get great ratings everywhere? Because it's about slavery? Americans are so weird.
>>
>>85482388
>>85482458

What's wrong with the movie?
>>
>>85482485
Best movie of 2017 so far.
>>
>>85482458

Without bringing up the race/politics behind it - why was it a shitty movie?
>>
It's actually an anti-racemixing movie if you think about it
>>
>>85482486
story is shitty
>>
>>85482518
Close, but wrong. The movie was never against race-mixing, it's mocking the white glorification of the black male. White liberals yearn to be black, they lust for it. This isn't race-mixing, which would suggest a desire to remain white while pairing with blacks. That's not the movie, the movie is whites becoming blacks.
>>
>>85482486
Once again, the 1960s serve as a race hustler’s vengeful reference point. But when the get-whitey genre was initiated in those blaxploitation movies made after the turmoil of that decade, artists from Melvin Van Peebles and Larry Cohen to Bill Gunn and Gordon Parks toyed with various genres to dramatize American social and economic circumstances. Black political consciousness was being realized on screen for the first time.

Get Out is the recrudescence of Obama-era unconsciousness. Reducing racial politics to trite horror-comedy, it’s an Obama movie for Tarantino fans.
>>
Threads for this movie need to fucking stop. Literally 99% of the posts are just people bitching about politics and race.
>>
>>85482458
I can see someone hating how over the top it gets but the build up is great
>>
>>85482618
you're doing it wrong you retard, here's how you review movies in the current year:
plot: very nice, complex, a lot of twists and tear jerking
vistas: 10/10
quips: 10/10
twitter memeability: 7/10
political stand: same as mine
>>
>>85482585
That's it, it's anti gentrification more than anything else
>>
>>85482485
Reviewers have a problem with "worthy" movies.
They seem to think giving it a bad score would be disagreeing with the message.
>>
>>85482486
>>85482498

The story was weak, there's 0 character development, no cool moments, the thriller aspects were not scary at all. The movie is too absurd to be genuinely scary, and its humor/satire was weak too. I guess it's kind hard to put into words why I specifically didn't like it. It's a completely passable and mediocre movie that I can't imagine ever wanting to rewatch.
A lot of the times it felt like a high schooler making a movie for his films class with a high budget.

Like I get what Peele was going for most of the time, it just doesn't work for me.
>>
>>85482760
>>85482728
pottery
>>
File: IMG_5816.jpg (181KB, 1200x1779px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5816.jpg
181KB, 1200x1779px
>>85482360
Dunkirk
>>
>>85482486
It's the epitome of a movie that takes without giving back. All of it's inspirations are obvious, but the movie itself never combines them to be something unique. The only unique thing it really has going for it is the race element, and that is handled fairly poorly
>>
>>85482814
i've been under a rock
what is dunkirk?
>>
>>85482486
It's a movie for self-flagellating white liberals
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.