[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's all be honest do we really need a Han Solo film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 17

File: image.jpg (17KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 300x168px
Let's all be honest do we really need a Han Solo film?
>>
We didn't need any more Star Wars at all, but Disney needs more money.
>>
>>85478684
Always good to have more star wars movies
>>
>>85478684
Its fucked out
>>
No, we need more comic book movies
>>
>>85478684
Please no more star wars.
The original trilogy is good to watch every now and then, not every year.
>>
>>85478684
No.

A new character would have been better. Not great. But better.
>>
Didn't they cast the wrong guy for this role?
The movie will flop, financially not, but for everyone who would have wanted to see a good movie.
>>
>>85478684
How much of this movie will focus on Emilia Clarke?
>>
File: Alden-Eherenreich.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Alden-Eherenreich.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
Why does /tv/ hate Alden? Is it only because he is a Jew? I liked him in everything he's been.
>>
>>85478993
she will teach him how to shoot and fly, all of hans famous quotes will be originally said by her

she will die at the end sacrificing her life
>>
File: 1428700412701.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1428700412701.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>85478684
Dude looks like slimmer DSP
>>
>>85479093
You are probably right about all of that.
>>
>>85478684
Nobody "needs" any film, and that goes for original films as well.
>>
Do we need more star wars about Luke?
>Luke's trilogy
>prequels about Luke father
>sequels about old Luke
>movie about Luke's friend
Please Disney, just do an old republic movie. Something not tied to the OT. Siths and Jedis fighting and alien main characters
>>
>>85478684
I can't wait to see Bib Fortuna: A Star Wars story.
>>
We didn't even need a fucking Episode 7.
>>
>>85478684
Just watch RLM list of horrible ideas for the movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjEd3DpH_e0

After watching RLM video i really want to see the movie doing all that. Of course without paying Disney hacks.
>>
>>85479045
>Jewish
>name is Reich
Huh?
>>
>>85479190
They wouldn't do that because it wouldn't appeal to the mass public if it doesn't involve literal stormtroopers and x-wings. Dumb plebs don't understand the concept of "1000 years before Episode 1" or so, and if they do they don't care anyway.
>>
>>85479372
It's not Reich, it's Ehrenreich which means "Third Reich Is Bad" in German.
>>
>>85479190
you fucking faggots need to shut up about the old republic. It's fine the way it is and it doesn't need any of your fucking shit movies
>>
>>85478684
Han Solo's old origin story in the EU ("The Han Solo Trilogy") is actually pretty good, though I can't imagine it working as a movie. But the idea of a movie about Han Solo is sound, because there's plenty of room to tell a story about him. He's one of those characters that had a lot of adventures before he met Luke. I just don't have faith that Disney will go in the right direction for it.
>>
>>85478684
should have been this cunt
>>
>>85479446
pic related
>>
>>85478684
He doesn't even look like Harrison Fnord.
>>
No, "At least they didn't touch Han Solo" was the thing you kept hearing as a positive take away of the prequels.
Now Disney gets star wars and a Han Solo prequel is one of the first things they green light.
>>
I've seen every Star Wars movie that has came out during my lifetime in the theater. I won't see this movie, I have zero interest. Maybe I'll watch it when it's out on DVD.
>>
It will do 1.2 Billion at the box office.
>>
It is going to be a Guardians of the Galaxy-esque film no doubt.
Quips and equality.
>>
we really didn't need any Star Wars movie but Empire Strikes Back
>>
>>85478707
This.

Disney acquiring marvel was for the best but Star Wars should be done.
>>
Pretty much disney is treating their Star Wars fans like morons the reason why disney though it was a good idea to make a Han Solo film that nobody ask because disney know their gonna go see it same with force awakes and rogue one the reason why they made them cuz their fans will see them because Disney knows and it's gonna make a lot of money say what you want about george lucas but Disney just milking the Star Wars franchise Disney doesn't care about the fans as mark hamill Says it's all about the money
>>
>>85478817
You managed to capture my feelings exactly
Thanks anon
>>
>>85478684
I'm looking forward to this disaster. Next will be shitty Boba Fett and Obiwan spinoffs with a kid Luke Skywalker cameo.
>>
>>85479418
That's not what that means. Reich in this context means rich.
>>
>>85478684
Do not need or want. I just want to see some fresh new stories being adapted instead of nostalgia cash grabs.
>>
File: CndgL14UsAA2BDf.jpg (93KB, 1200x703px) Image search: [Google]
CndgL14UsAA2BDf.jpg
93KB, 1200x703px
>>85478684
We get something interesting like Rogue One which I actually enjoyed but then the next Star Wars story is about a young Han Solo with a guy who can't act?
Fuck this movie.
>>
>>85479429
>fine the way it is
>franchise has more bad movies than good
Neck yourself, faggot. The old republic is vastly more interesting than "rebels vs empire: redux" over and over again.
>>
I was already fed up of hearing about Star Wars about TFA came out, never mind R1, TLJ and now this. I'm even more fed up of it than capeshit.
>>
>>85478684
You don't need anything except food, water, sleep and a beautiful woman sitting on your face.
>>
>>85478684
this guy is so uninterestingly handsome
has a face you can forget instantly
>>
>>85481070
>with a guy who can't act?
reminder the leading actress is Emilia Clarke.
>>
>>85478924
>Didn't they cast the wrong guy for this role?
Nah. Spielberg met the actor at a bat mitzvah and (((recommended))) that he get the role. What could be more fair? How could such a selection method fail to yield the most well suited actor for the role?
>>
>>85481070
>Rogue One
QT!
>>
>>85478684
no no we dont
>>
Last three digits of your post will be how much money the movie makes in millions of $$$
>>
>>85478684
no but you fucking knew that. so i dont know why you would ask. no one wanted this, its weird and doesnt fit at all. disney is going to milk the cash cow that is star wars until we are all so sick of the taste we hate even what made it good in the first place. say what you will about the OT but they were good, genuine movies.
>>
>>85479429
>t. disney exec
>>
>>85482287
Okay, both the guy and lead actress can't act.
>>
>>85478684
Star Wars should have been done after Jedi

If Lucas was good for anything, it was making sure there would be no more films after Sith

Now we're going to have a Star Wars film every year until the mere mention of Star Wars makes us want to puke
>>
File: 2017-07-16-19-14-36.jpg (77KB, 900x356px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-16-19-14-36.jpg
77KB, 900x356px
>>85478684
>>
>>85479190
technically the first six films are all about Anakin, not Luke.
>>
>>85478684
It's a really weird feeling. Before Disney purchased Star Wars I was the biggest fan in the world and now I have absolutely zero interest whatsoever in seeing a Star Wars movie, something that would have been unthinkable 5 years ago.
>>
>>85478684
The character was already well established in the OT. This is just Disney milking a cash-cow for guaranteed money.
>>
>>85482758
Then fuck off, nobody's forcing you to go into threads about it.
>>
>>85482795
The "Legends" bullshit left a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of dedicated fans. They spent so much time developing this universe only for Disney to go, "Too much work, NON CANON." And then to add insult to injury Kylo Ren is pretty much Jacen Solo anyway. So they clearly didn't have to throw it out.
>>
>>85478684
just FUCKING LOOK AT THAT KIKE

HE LOOKS NOTHING! FUCKING NOTHING like ford, and that was legitimately part of solos charm

now he looks like a fucking faggot
>>
>>85482959
My mom, who is 65 years old, hated TFA because Kylo's real name wasn't Jacen. That his how autistic some of the OG fans are.
>>
>>85482758
>If Lucas was good for anything, it was making sure there would be no more films after Sith
That was his intention. Unfortunately, Disney blackmailed him into selling Star Wars.
>>
>>85479045
Looks like a serial killer and has an acting depth of a kiddie pool.
>>
We certainly didn't need the one produced by Kathleen Kennedy.It will be dogshit coated with nostalgia. They're even bringing back Vader because Vader sells tickets even if he shows up 30 seconds. I bet there will be a CGI'ed old Obi-wan
>>
>>85478684
Wait they're saying this kid LOOKS like Ford/Han?

Did they watch the originals or use fucking Google?
>>
I want more Star Wars movies, but we definitely did not need an anthology of Han Solo movies. Han Solo backstory I'd rather read in comic book/novel form.

Hopefully they take more chances with new characters/new stories.
>>
>>85483379
Disney paid 4 billions for Star Wars. Taking chances with new stuff is the last thing they want
>>
>>85483379
To be quite frank, the Han Solo origin trilogy books with the wookie and Stars' End and all that shit would have worked well, with or without the "Legends" ban.
>>
File: IMG_5912.png (2MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5912.png
2MB, 1136x640px
I know we like to shit on Harrison on his going through the motions but id rather see a grumpy old Han and Chewy having adventures and smuggling spice after losing Ben then this shit
>>
>>85482795
>Before Disney purchased Star Wars I was the biggest fan in the world and now I have absolutely zero interest whatsoever in seeing a Star Wars movie
>>85482959
>>85482959
>The "Legends" bullshit left a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of dedicated fans.>>85483095
>My mom, who is 65 years old, hated TFA because Kylo's real name wasn't Jacen. That his how autistic some of the OG fans are.
Autistic EU fans are what kept the Star Wars franchise alive during the inter-trilogy periods. Despite this, Disney has nothing but contempt for you. They mock you with the overweight unpleasant fanboy caricature of Unkar Plutt, erase your expanded universe, and proceed to churn out studio approved movies and games carefully engineered by market researchers to appeal to new broad, casual demographics. If their products fail in the market, you will be blamed for not being sufficiently accepting of Diversity™ and Progress™ in the franchise and fanbase.
>>
this will be the star wars film that kills the franchise

there is no possible way to make a good han solo origin story without george lucas.

he wont rescue chewbacca, chewbacca will rescue him

he wont win the falcon from lando, he will steal it

instead of just crossing paths with boba fett, boba fett will be cartoon villain tier bad guy whose life mission is to hunt han solo because ???

han's first love interest will be black and/or alien and/or transgender (probably a black transgender alien)

most of the movie will be about how evil the empire full of cis white men is
>>
>>85483116
How do you know?
>>
>>85483116
They also played up the "we're workign with Lucas to realize his vision for the next trilogy" card, then told him to fuck off when he actually presented his ideas for the next movies.
>>
File: 1487500962797.png (38KB, 219x200px) Image search: [Google]
1487500962797.png
38KB, 219x200px
>>85483754
>“They wanted to do a retro movie. I don’t like that,” Lucas adds. “Every movie, I work very hard to make them completely different, with different planets, with different spaceships, make it new.”
>“They looked at [my] stories, and they said, ‘We want to make something for the fans,’” Lucas said. “They decided they didn’t want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing. … They weren’t that keen to have me involved anyway — but if I get in there, I’m just going to cause trouble, because they’re not going to do what I want them to do. And I don’t have the control to do that anymore, and all I would do is muck everything up,” he said. “And so I said, ‘OK, I will go my way, and I’ll let them go their way.’”
FUCKING DISNEY WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN AN ACTUAL SEQUEL INSTEAD OF A GODDAM REBOOT
>>
File: Screenshot_20170710-093548.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170710-093548.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>85478684
Somebody should shop Mike's face on this.
>>
>>85483928
>>“They looked at [my] stories, and they said, ‘We want to make something for the FAGS,’” Lucas said
>>
>>85483596
Jesus, what a sad person.
I hope you see the way soon, anon.
>>
>>85483680
>How do you know?
See>>85483754
>They also played up the "we're working with Lucas to realize his vision for the next trilogy" card, then told him to fuck off when he actually presented his ideas for the next movies.

The context surrounding the sale screamed Bad Deal and reluctance on Lucas's part.

He promptly donated the poceeds of the sale, which means he didn't need the money.

He tried to stay involved with the production and creative direction side of things but Disney was able to cut him out completely. Lucas isn't naive enough to overlook something as fundamental as retaining creative control of future projects, he's an experienced businessman. So that means he willingly ceaded those rights during negotiations.

So if he didn't need the money, and wanted to stay involved, why did he sell in the first place and forfeit all influence? because Disney had some way of forcing his hand and keeping him quiet. ie: blackmail
>>
File: 1339598935138.jpg (6KB, 167x251px) Image search: [Google]
1339598935138.jpg
6KB, 167x251px
>>85481070
>interesting
>like Rogue One
>>
>>85484347
this is EXACTLY what happened, and anything else is revisionist history. Lucas told Bob Iger that part of the deal was that he wanted them to use his story treatments for VII, VIII and IX, and when they read through them they probably just said fuck that.
>>
>>85481122
I think the guy was being facetious. With Disney milking this thing for money, any new Star Wars film based in the Old Republic will ruin it, too. At the moment, the Old Republic hasn't been ruined yet and I think some people want it to remain that way.
>>
>>85484445
even if its true its all just speculation. So, what dirt do people think Disney had on George?
>>
Can we just forget about the prequel era? And by that I mean anything before ANH chronologically. Every movie set in that time period failed miserably and this doesn't look like it's gonna break the curse.
>>
>>85484445
They didn't have to read them, to me it's obvious they wanted to do a sheboot from the beginning. It's a Hollywood gimmick. Apparently they've do some polling and figured out that it's the easiest way to maximize their short term profits. That's why they immediately dismissed him and hired JJ Abrams. I remember a journalist asking George how the movie was going, he said JJ Abrams didn't even call him. This is disgraceful.
https://youtu.be/jiIi8WalRzQ?t=2m22s
>>
Recasting one if the most iconic roles in sci-fi, if not film in general is a fucking mistake. But this is how Disney will treat star wars, new stories and characters are too risky. But it doesn't matter because any star wars movie will bring in at least 750 mil.
>>
File: 1190237828321.jpg (62KB, 386x530px) Image search: [Google]
1190237828321.jpg
62KB, 386x530px
>>85479360
>tfw most of these probably become true
>>
>>85480824
Hey, anon, take this: ",".
It is called a comma. Use it.
>>
>>85484604
>even if its true its all just speculation. So, what dirt do people think Disney had on George?
He probably got honeypoted.
Disney set him up with some Grade A, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, jailbait, recorded it all on 70mm filstock and in 22.2 surround sound, then sent him the cumpilation highlights reel boxed up with a Goofy Movie collectible pen the bill-of-sale for Lucasfilm.
>>
(((Star Wars)))
>>
>>85479213
Have you ever wanted to bite or stick needles into Bib Fortuna's head sausage. How do you think it would feel?
>>
>>85484965
how do you think his tentacles would smell haha
>>
>>85484347
>>85484445
>>85484604
There was no blackmail. That's not to say Disney didn't act in an underhanded way though. Here's what I think happened:
>Lucas wants to make more Star Wars movies
>after the critical and financial failures that were the prequels no studio will touch him
>Disney comes to Lucas and offers him a deal: Disney will buy Star Wars and produce the movies itself
>they tell Lucas "our hands are tied by our investors and because of the prequels we couldn't put you in control even if we wanted to. But don't worry! We'll make you a "special advisor" (wink wink) and we'll put you in de facto charge of the movies"
>Lucas isn't 100% sold on the whole "special advisor" thing but he knows this is probably the only chance of him being able to give the fans his stories
>after the deal, Lucas shows up expecting to be in charge, Disney pretty much tells him "yeah, we lied. Fuck off" and because he technically signed away all control there's nothing he can do about it
>>
>>85485106
He just wanted the money.
>>
>>85485106
Since ANH, Lucas produced every of his movies. He's a billionaire who didn't need the help of Hollywood to produce the sequels. It would have made billions anyway. He explained it ine the Charlie Rose interview, the sequels would take 10 years of his life and he didn't want to be doing SW for the rest of his life so instead of sitting on the copyrights selfishly, he let a studio make the movies with a script to work with and him as creative advisor. They said okay, and backstabbed him once he signed the deal.
>>
>>85485106
This is completely 100% wrong though. (Not the blackmail anon)

>after the critical and financial failures that were the prequels no studio will touch him
The prequels were not financial failures. Go look at Boxoffice Mojo and look at how much money they made relative to their budget. 20th Century Fox was happy to produce the prequels with Lucas because they know Star Wars always brings home the bacon. Lucas and 20th CF had a good working relationship, and if Lucas wanted to make the sequel trilogy, they happily would have financed it.

This is what ACTUALLY HAPPENED:
>Lucas is getting old
>Thinking about retirement soon
>Starts thinking about what studio/company could best shoulder the burden of the enormous legacy of Star Wars for future generations to come
>George is also fucking bonkers and probably going senile
>He decides that Disney would be the best suited for this
>Calls up Bob Iger and arranges a meeting with him
>They work out the 4B deal, which he donates to the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation
>George is told that his story treatments will be looked at and used, and he'll be a creative adviser
>His story treatments were not used
>He was not a creative adviser
>They completely shut him out of the production of TFA
>George gets super buttblasted and goes on 60 minutes to expose the White Slavers

All of this comes from official sources and interviews around 2012 when the deal happened. Even Bob Iger was quoted as saying "Yeah man, holy shit I just got a call from George saying he wanted to give us Star Wars". Disney had NO part in approaching Lucas about it. Lucas DECIDED to give it to Disney because he's a senile old fuck and changes his mind every 6 months about what he wants.

You can do the research yourself, Star Wars literally fell into Disney's lap
>>
>>85485175
>He just wanted the money.
Apparently not, since he donated the Disney Dollars to charity.

>>85485275
>he didn't want to be doing SW for the rest of his life so instead of sitting on the copyrights selfishly, he let a studio make the movies with a script to work with and him as creative advisor.
Except he could have allowed more Star Wars movies to be made and let someone else direct them. He could have even hired JJ and KK but kept the creative veto power. Why did he sell completely and give up any control whatsoever if he didn't want the money and still wanted to stay involved?
>>
>>85485574
>Except he could have allowed more Star Wars movies to be made and let someone else direct them. He could have even hired JJ and KK but kept the creative veto power. Why did he sell completely and give up any control whatsoever if he didn't want the money and still wanted to stay involved?
He explained it in the Charlie Rose iterview. He did that with ESB and ROTJ but said he was far more involved in the movie process than he expected. I think George Lucas didn't want the pressure anymore and just let someone else do it. He provided the story, the film might not turn out as he would expect but at least there would the core of the story. Disney did something unforgiveable, they didn't even try. They killed the franchise immediately so they can cannibalize the body before it rots.
>>
>>85485499
Why didn't Lucas just put it in the public domain?
>>
>>85485499
>All of this comes from official sources and interviews around 2012 when the deal happened. Even Bob Iger was quoted as saying "Yeah man, holy shit I just got a call from George saying he wanted to give us Star Wars". Disney had NO part in approaching Lucas about it. Lucas DECIDED to give it to Disney because he's a senile old fuck and changes his mind every 6 months about what he wants.

Bob Iger said he initiated the deal. Also George was collaborating with him before on a Star Wars theme park. That's when that scumbag took the time to gauge George and thake away his babies from him and make them work in his plantation. Even George's son said he was going back and forth saying he won't sell.
>>
Hey, I stumbled upon an interview of his daughter. It's sad because she's really the stereotype of a disgusting feminist cunt. What went wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lw2EglWPkU
>>
>>85486127
George Lucas was stupid enough to trust (((them)))
>>
>>85479418
>>85479372
It's actually a composite of German for 'Honor' + 'rich'
>>
>>85479045
That face is so punchable.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1010KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1010KB, 400x320px
>>85483928
>‘We want to make something for the fans,’

Is there literally anyone besides studio execs that thinks nostalgia-pandering sequels are a good thing?

How detached from reality are these people?
>>
>>85486127
>Even George's son said he was going back and forth saying he won't sell
source
>>
>>85487601
It's in this video. He also says he read George sequel script and it was good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnr18AUym-o
>>
>>85487820
i hope they will post it some day
>>
>>85487915
I will try and hack George Lucas e-mail. There is no other possibility that these scripts are released, unless someone steals them at his house.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82KB, 1920x1080px
>>85487985
>unless someone steals them at his house
I've got the perfect team. They've done it once before
>>
>>85478684
>Let's all be honest, do we really need more Star Wars films?
Fixed it for ya.
>>
>>85482795
I'm in the same boat. Star Wars is utter shit now.
>>
>>85478871
Considering you had a new character in whatserface from Rogue 1 and the result was pretty horrid... who am I kidding, if anything this one looks like it's going to be a lot worse. Rogue 1 had least had some decent bits.
>>
>>85482795
Congratulations. You learned what it means to grow up.
>>
>>85479360
this is probably 90% accurate

Emilia Clarke is the Jedi
>>
>>85478684
Not with that Jewish prick in it
>>
>>85479470
"im red letter media"
>>
>>85485106
>nancial failures that were the prequels
sorry to pop your nerdfag bubble but they where not financial failures.
>>
>>85478684
They should have gotten Jim Jeffries to play Han Solo for this movie.
>>
>>85487318
/r/movies
/r/starwars
/r/etc
>>
Jesus is that doughy douchebro with jersey shore hair really the new Han Solo?

You shitting me?
>>
>>85480824
hello Joyce, how's your wife farts going on?
>>
>>85478707
(((Needs)))
>>
>>85478684
no, there's no way it will actually make the han solo character more interesting
>>
>>85485843
Cause he would finally let loose the Holiday Special.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (5KB, 124x134px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5KB, 124x134px
>We will never get Star Wars: The Old Republic: Episode I
>Instead we will get Star Wars Episode 7-12 and never ending rehashes of the original trilogy.
>>
>>85478707
>A company wants to make more money.

Amazing.
>>
>>85478684
Seth MacFarlane would have been a better Han Solo. This is objective fact.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.