[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YIKES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12

File: thor-3-ragnarok-chris-hemsworth.jpg (132KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
thor-3-ragnarok-chris-hemsworth.jpg
132KB, 1200x600px
Anyone else completely taken out by that jarring personality change in the trailer? Fuck, suddenly he isnt taking anything seriously at all
>>
>>85453168
Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?
>>
>>85453168

Don't really care but will take this opportunity to say grim dark superman is a terrible idea. Why would superman be serious about anything? He can't be hurt, life's a breeze. The All star superman comic had the right vibe. Superman should make you feel good.
>>
>>85453168
>Right after JL trailer drops and shows Aquaman as a quipping handsome dudebro, the trailer for Thor Ragnarok shows that Thor is now a quipping handsome dudebro as opposed to the stern combat-loving warrior he used to be
Literally how do Marlel cucks explain this?
>>
>>85453168
Yes. It's retarded.

Disney doesn't make CMBs. They make breezy live-action Pixar movies, and not even the *good* Pixar movies for the most part. The Incredibles had more heart than the entirety of the MCU.
>>
>>85453451
It's all Martha's fault.
>>
>>85453451
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPNBKT6JLSU

didnt this come out first?
>>
>>85453451

> Thor is now a quipping handsome dudebro as opposed to the stern combat-loving warrior he used to be

He deals with losing his hammer with some humour and vague apathy to the situation.

The humerous parts are how he recounts the destruction of Asgard etc so ye I can see why he'd choose to do it that way than cry a fuckton.

Then there's him lying that he won the fight, which is consistent with his old combat loving persona.

Then there's him saying he's a hot headed fool who likes fire too. Yeah. Pretty consistent.

I'm not seeing much in this trailer that isn't consistent with how he was outside of that he has matured from being the war mongering fool at the start of Thor 1 to a genuine team leader now - which is the arc his character should be having.

Despite what grimdark edgelords will tell you, you don't lead by being a depressing bullying chad.
>>
>we will never get anything close to comics thor
i don't give a fuck about your movies for babies
>>
>>85453597
you're kinda warping history m8. It's not completely out of character, but he has definitely been flanderized and it's mostly because of those roommate videos.
>>
>Thor: [walking into a pet shop] I need a horse!
>Pet Store Clerk: We don't have horses. Just dogs, cats, birds.
>Thor: Then give me one of those large enough to ride.
This is from the first movie.
>>
>>85453695
A personality change isn't what flanderization is.
>>
>>85453701
but that's thor being serious, just clueless. In this trailer, Thor is acting like a retard because he's trying to be funny.
>>
>>85453695

So is this guy if he can't think of quips from the first Thor. It's very consistent.
>>
Atmosphere effecting his brain chemistry, man
>>
>>85453701
Yes, and if you can't see why that works, and "friend from work! :D" doesn't, you're a tone-deaf fanboy.

Three movies in, and they've fucked that over completely.
>>
>>85453695

> Character development
> Flanderization

Pick one

For him to be flanderized he would have to be nothing BUT a combat loving warmongering fuck.
>>
File: 1460612623765.jpg (21KB, 312x345px) Image search: [Google]
1460612623765.jpg
21KB, 312x345px
>>85453826
>> Character development
>thor
>>
>>85453739
diddly
>>
>>85453168
How could you possibly think posting this was a good idea? What was going through your head when you decided to write something so utterly stupid?
>>
>new thor trailer comes out
>everyone likes it
>hype building for the movie
>well I guess thor is ruined now can't take it seriously!

like clockwork this place, so predictable.

thor 2 was objectively the worst movie in the mcu, it's a good thing they're taking it in another direction.
>>
>>85453782

He has now been on Earth a LOT, he has an idea what 'work' in the human context is and he's misusing it again here. Still being clueless in trying to explain it to the arena guys.

It's the same joke just in keeping with the development of the character.

You thought it was funny just because 'lol he said work instead of 'The Avengers' which nobody in that arena would be able to understand'.

Christ almighty.
>>
>>85453168
What fucking personality change?
He quips just he did in the avengers.
>>
>>85453848

He's evolving from being a hot headed teenage warmongering to an actual leader, which involves keeping morale and objectivity and not just egging friends on into a fight like he did at the start of Thor 1.

That attitude literally kicked off his entire arc and is what his entire development is about.

I just had to explain a fucking live action cartoon to you man. Holy fuck. Get a brain.
>>
>>85453168

it's just turning into what Thor comics were in the 80s. good shit.
>>
>>85453168
"Friend from work" and the fact that he's basically joking about losing his hammer, the same one he thrashing huge fit about losing in his first movie, that's the source for most of his power, so casually.

They basically made Thor into Starlord.
>>
>>85454123
ah, you're right m8. The new thor trailer shows all of that.
>>
>>85453971
It's the fact that he'd never consider what he does with the Avengers "work." That's the problem. Knights don't pick up a sword and say, "OK honey, I'm off to work," and that's pretty much what they try to play the Asgardians up as being - knight-like protectors. They don't work shifts; they don't take vacations. They just do their thing.
>>
>>85454123
>evolving into an actual leader
>"dude, I lost my hammer yesterday, so that's still a bit fresh."
>"we know each other, he's a friend from work! XD"

Yeah, great leader. The kind youd follow into a war, right.
>>
Ragnarok feels like a buddy cop movie to me and Thor's characterization has been altered accordingly to make it lighter and GOTG-like.
>>
File: 1345063559284.gif (2MB, 347x200px) Image search: [Google]
1345063559284.gif
2MB, 347x200px
>>85454297
>GOTG-like.
>>
>>85453597
Who said anything about being depressed moron? Leave your butthurt out of this shit, you lose major credibility
>>
>>85453597
>The humerous parts are how he recounts the destruction of his home, friends and ppl

Nice. Definitely in character with his more mature leader type of who cared for his ppl and didnt want his army to fall to dark eveles in the dark world,
>>
>>85454229

No they say 'I'm off to fight a war'

and soldiers say they go to work.

Asgardians say what? That they do their duty? Probably something like that, but that's not applicable to what he does with the Avengers.

So instead of a long explanation he chose whatever earth coloquialism he could find and he said 'work' which is close, but sounds retarded which is the comedy. Because he's still pretty bad at non-Asgardian talk in an innocent way. Less extreme than in Thor 1 due to all the time he's spent on Earth now, but he's hardly an expert.
>>
>>85453739
this kind of change is
>>
File: 1494466850830.jpg (72KB, 647x727px) Image search: [Google]
1494466850830.jpg
72KB, 647x727px
>>85454172
>joking about something instead of throwing a fit is Thor being immature
>>
>>85454135
Nah
>>
>>85454670
>you can only have 2 reactions to something
>>
>>85454172
He was recounting it to his friend, he's pretty jovial with his friends. He hadn't seen Hulk\Banner or any of the avengers in years so he was understandably excited.
>>
Honestly Thor was mostly a nothing character before so I'll take his flanderization here.
>>
Ive read some comics but not a lot. Is there a comic book reason that Thor wasnt in Civil War? Or was it bad decision by Marvel Studios?
>>
By being a GOTG ripoff it already looks leagues ahead of Thor 1 and 2 so I'll take it
>>
>>85454172
is thor supposed to be brooding on a ledge listening to linkin park?

oh shit can i still make that joke?
>>
>>85454558

Except for the whole Valhalla thing, his kind believe in the immortal live forever fighting all day and fucking all night shit. So his dead friends died a warriors death and are living the dream.
>>
>>85453305
>alien refugee from a planet that exploded, last of your kind
>super strength means having to hold back all the time
>x-ray vision and super hearing make you sensitive to everything
>have the power to save everyone but can't be everywhere in the world at once, having to choose who to save and who not to would give you tremendous angst
>have to keep your true identity a secret to almost everyone for their safety
>nothing hurts you and you feel guilty because you can't truly sympathize with the mortals around you as much as you love them
>some of them love you too much, thinking you're a god and expecting perfection
>others fear your power and resent you like a demon
>the media projects a narrative over everything you do, their spin makes you question if you're ever doing the right thing or just making the world worse
Yeah it must be soooo fun being Superman
>>
File: 1348961486730.jpg (528KB, 1280x1982px) Image search: [Google]
1348961486730.jpg
528KB, 1280x1982px
>>85454854
Comics and movies are different, anon.
What kind of mega autism do you have that that needs to be explained to you?

In the comics Ragnarok happens years before Civil War and Thor had been dead for a while. Mjolnir lands on earth shortly before the registration act is signed and it's revealed Reed Richards and Tony Stark had been working on a Thor clone, which claims the hammer and kills black Giant Man in the first big fight of Civil War.

When Thor comes back alive he's not happy about it.
>>
>>85454854

In the comics Thor was "dead" at the time.

In the movies they probably already knew Cap:CivilWar was an overcrowded shitfest and didn't want to pay for dude's salary anyway for no reason.
>>
File: saaaaad.jpg (16KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
saaaaad.jpg
16KB, 319x319px
>mfw Thor: Fagnaflop will bomb like Cuck Phlemsworth's other leading movies
http://www.thewrap.com/chris-hemsworth-movie-star-thor-flop-huntsman-winter-war/
Nu-male Thor is finished
>>
>>85454123
>was a hothead god for 1000s of years
>after arriving on Earth he goes through total personality changes every 3 years
>this is ((((development)))) and not shitty writing trying to reappropriate him as a Starlord substitute
>>
>>85455119
What comic and issue is this?
>>
>>85453746
He's hung out with Tony too much.
>>
His characterization was perfect in this movie.

>Pleasant and light hearted with his friends
>serious and stern about threats and danger when they arose
>could joke with loki when the moment came about like "stealing a car" with his brother having fun like in the old days
>argued with Odin about the potential lose of lives of his ppl
>happy to see selvig and D'Arcy pleasantly but wasn't all DUDE IT'S ME LMAO

Mature and well done and subtle by hemsworth. He was a warrior with a good heart and not some wacky Hemsworth lite

> We're actually making Thor closer to Chris and his personality and who he is … he's funny - a lot funnier and a lot more colloquial because he's spent time on Earth … Personally, I think he's the best version of Thor, just quietly. Not to take away from the any of the other films, but in order for me to feel comfortable making this film, I wanted to move away from the other films and make something that was kind of a standalone Thor film. That your really didn't need to see the first two to understand the (third) film."

JUST

http://www.businessinsider.com/thor-ragnarok-what-we-know-so-far-2017-7
>>
>>85455216
https://www.therebel.media/chris_hemsworth_becomes_a_cuck_apologizes_for_dressing_up_as_native_at_lone_ranger_party
We all know thats a lie because his actual personality is a spineless cuck
>>
>>85453168
Why do people watch this shit?
>>
>>85455143
Not to mention Thor and Hulk would wreck the shit out of everyone else involved, regardless of who they sided with.
>>
File: thorman4.jpg (454KB, 830x1301px) Image search: [Google]
thorman4.jpg
454KB, 830x1301px
>>85455196
It's Strazynski's Thor run, don't remember the issue.

I hope they reprint the omnibus though since it's the best modern Thor runs after Simonson.
>>
>>85455344
They should have put him in, if anything just to counter Vision so they'd have a reason why he was so useless.
>>
>>85455002
Is that why Odin was pissed that thor put asgardian lives in danger of war in thor 1 or thor was worried about asgardians lives lost in thor 2?

Fuck off idiot. Just because there could be an afterlife doesn't mean thor or other asgardians are just suddenly whimsical and jolly about there friends and ppl dying. Lol joking about it and not giving a shit like what the fuck. It's a established they still care
>>
>>85455119
I was talking about Civil War movie. Didnt read Civil war comics, Im pretty sure that was clear when I asked a simple question asshole. Cut some paper to put a little dullness on ur edge.
>>
>>85455364
Thanks Anon. I always liked Strazynski. Rising Stars was so good up until the last ΒΌ of it or so.
>>
>>85455002

But Valhalla is a part of Asgard, and he says Asgard is destroyed.
>>
>>85455422

Kek calm down sweetie, it's just a movie k.
>>
>>85453947
I liked Thor 2 better than Ant-Man, better than the new Spider-Man, better than iron man 2 or iron man 3. It was better than a lot of Marvel movies.
>>
File: betaraythor.gif (101KB, 540x365px) Image search: [Google]
betaraythor.gif
101KB, 540x365px
>>85453168

Would it be no loss if Hemsworth were to be replaced entirely by Bill?
>>
>>85455502

Cause I like you anon....

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Thor-2007/Issue-1?id=8366
>>
>>85453168
I watched the other Thor movies and I can't remember anything about them other than Loki and "I like it!" so I'll take whatever personality they give him. Besides I think Thor makes for a good comedy character what with the silly speech pattern being a space viking and I know in the comics he has a chariot pulled by giant goats, he's best friends with an atheist horse alien, and got turned into a frog for awhile so it's not like the goofiness doesn't have precedent.
>>
>>85453168
>watching super hero movies
KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT
>>
>>85455903
Concession accepted. Keep your dumb thoughts to yourself from now on.
>>
>>85456167
:3 thank you Anon.
>>
>>85456235

Neck yourself faggot, it's all make believe capeshit you dumb fuck. Thor could be huffing fucking space mushrooms cunt, that's why he is happy. Fuck off.
>>
>>85453168
This has literally been Thor's arc...
>>
>>85453257
How did Whedon get away with it?
>>
>>85457031
Nah
>>
>>85456018
contrarian retard spotted boys
>>
>>85457210
Yes, from serious idiot to funny and likable friend.
>>
>>85456038
its fine as long as its a female beta ray Bill
>>
>>85453168
this one is a buddy movie, its supposed to be quippy and lighthearted
>>
It's called a character arc you mongs
>>
>>85455070
>have the power to save everyone but can't be everywhere in the world at once,
Then you don't have the power to save everyone

>>85455070
>the media projects a narrative over everything you do, their spin makes you question if you're ever doing the right thing or just making the world worse
Spider-man, iron man, the avenger and many other super heroes face this.

>have to keep your true identity a secret to almost everyone for their safety
See above

>others fear your power and resent you like a demon
See above
>>
File: 4534534.jpg (92KB, 717x497px) Image search: [Google]
4534534.jpg
92KB, 717x497px
>>85453451

yeah they totally did it because ebin dudebro aquaman

they totally got taika back in OCTOBER 2015 because they wanted a super serious one and then wanted it to be funny because of epic aquaman
>>
>>85457855
>then you don't have the power to save everyone.

He can save any one person from any disaster, but he has to choose. That's the hard part.

> Spider-Man, Ironman and other heroes face this
Yeah, and Spider-Man is depressed from the toll that being Spiderman takes on his life and has quit multiple times only to be drawn back over the guilt he feels about not saving Uncle Ben. Iron Man is a recovering alcoholic with a massive ego and God complex that just doesn't give a shit. The Avengers are usually very well received by the public.

Literally none of these are anything like Superman, you moron.
>>
File: IMG_9824.jpg (18KB, 245x183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9824.jpg
18KB, 245x183px
>>85457340
I'm not a contrarian retard for liking Thor 2. Please don't be so mean.
>>
File: 1497134138705.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1497134138705.gif
1MB, 195x229px
ill reserve my judgement when i watch this capeshit

people thought doctor strange was gonna be good

it could have been better if not for the fucking quips and lack of fucking deeper meaning of magic\dimension, because chink money speaks louder than having a script with vocabulary higher than a 4th grader's understanding, because subtitles are easier to get more disney jew cash
>>
>>85459591
>because subtitles are easier to get more disney jew cash
>he thinks everybody watching movies with subtitles in cinemas and not with [your country] dub.
Lol.
>>
>>85459591
the quips in Dr Strange fucking pissed me off. It didn't fit the theme, it didn't fit the movie. fuck marvel
>>
>>85459997
You sound upset.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.