[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the guy who made this forgettable apeflick is going to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: largeposter.jpg (29KB, 351x516px) Image search: [Google]
largeposter.jpg
29KB, 351x516px
>the guy who made this forgettable apeflick is going to make Batman

There goes your chance of having a good movie
>>
File: 1342725313926.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1342725313926.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
this movie was great, there was just no real message or meaning to the ending

but you cant deny reeves' talent and style
he is kind of a Fincher but different
>>
It's okay dude just watch Spider-Man again nobody's going to make fun of you
>>
>>85452011
The third film wasn't as good as the first two. But the cinematography of the third was gorgeous. I love his style and an interested in seeing what he does with batman
>>
>capeshit
>chance of being good

pick one
>>
>forgettable
>this is what capeshitters truly believe
>>
Get over it, Disney. You wasted a ton of money on RDJ's elevator shoe budget. Apekino together strong.
>>
>>85452599
An epic tale (and that's what this was) doesn't need to end with a point or message. One thing I love about this is that it realizes the world so fully and doesn't waste time preaching. It's just a world to get lost in. I suppose one observation would be that revenge is one of the greatest temptations that exist, especially since it affects both smart-apes and man.

It also demonstrates how, in war, each side believes they are the good guys but are fighting the other side more for self-preservation than a personal vendetta. Wars are political and not personal, though the lack of effective communication between both sides (exemplified by the current "war on terror") breeds fear on both sides, which only perpetuates the fighting. Notice in the movie how both the Apes, Men (Colonel) and the army heading their way all have legitimate reasons to do what they're doing. The fact that it's a hopeless situation isn't really the point, it's how revenge in war is immature and missing the point/solution
>>
File: 1399935618084.jpg (74KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1399935618084.jpg
74KB, 360x360px
>>85454230
it doesnt 'need' but it was very much there in parts 1 & 2 so it would tie the trilogy together

i agree that it is a meditation on war
>>
>>85452599
>>85454328
Personally I thought the most powerful moment was when the Donkey Gorilla saves Caesar and then gets shot immediately after. I think it can be interpreted as saying that consequences and past events (your own actions and the actions of others toward you) should not affect moral decisions. I guess it also falls under the revenge theme
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.