[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Films women will never understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: timthumb.jpg (188KB, 391x600px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
188KB, 391x600px
ITT: Films women will never understand
>>
I understand it ><
>>
>>85447046
A Better Tomorrow is a stronger film and encapsulates this category even more in my opinion
The Killer is still very good though, it's like watching a fairy tale on screen
>>
>>85447109
wanna be my tv gf?
>>
>>85447355
In my opinion the Woo's style had matured more with The Killer, elevating it above the still very well done A Better Tomorrow. That and Fat, that charismatic motherfucker, with slick hair and a cool looking suit. I liked him more in that.
>>
>>85447948
I definitely love both films so I understand people having a different opinion. It's just the brotherly bonds in ABT that make it for me. On a side note Hard-boiled had absolutely fantastic action but was really overwrought in some ways, ran for too long I think.
>>
>>85448156
A friend of mine described Hard Boiled as "too westernized". To be honest, I don't really see it. Maybe that is what's bothering you?
>>
>>85448247
Woo's early films are extremely straightforward and to the point. Simple characters with simple motivations and relatively limited cast.
Hardboiled is not only longer than The Killer and ABT, it tries to focus on a lot more, showing both the gang story and the police story about equally. While still relatively uncomplicated compared to other movies it does tend to get jumbled up. The hospital setpiece could pretty much be a movie on its own and definitely feels like it dragged on for a bit too long. Also the classic B-movie neon lair hidden in the morgue was a pretty crappy location with a very Western action-style showdown. Woo's "cameo" was also awkward and felt like a band-aid on a script with some holes in it.
That said the rest of the action was really top notch, perhaps even better than his early movies. The "Mad Dog" nemesis character is amazing to watch throwing his body around.
>>
how do The Killer and A Better Tomorrow compare to Hardboiled? only seen the latter
>>
>>85448634
my personal rating
Action:
HB>TK>ABT
Plot:
ABT>TK>HB
They are all excellent, this is just for comparison's sake.
>>
>>85447355
Hardboiled will always be number 1
>>
>>85447046
Duuuudee undertones of homosexuality
>>
>>85447109
reading this gave me ebola
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.