[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we please talk about this? I just finished it and it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: p185013_b_v8_af.jpg (138KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p185013_b_v8_af.jpg
138KB, 960x1440px
Can we please talk about this? I just finished it and it was simply great.
Yes there were some slow moments in season 5, in the beginning but the end made it worth it I think.

I think this series was very successful in builduing up mysteries and questions and to answer them and make you shock. I really loved it.

What do you guys think? For me it was a wild ride.
>>
bumpitiboo baloo
>>
Seasons 1, 2, and 4 were unrivaled network-kino, but the rest was a mistake. Truly a relic of primetime supremacy when you could broadcast something that wasn't a comedy or crime procedural.
>>
>>85445490
At first I was skeptical with season 4. It felt so weird to be in "the real world" but it turned out to be really good.

I will need a long break before I begin something new I guess
>>
sixth season is BULLSHIT

rest is good or very good
>>
>>85445539
Season 4 benefits from having amazing episodes like The Constant and the Keamy ones. They could have ended the show there, as the characters reached the ends of their arcs imo.
>>
>>85445628
and flashforwards were kinda cool. It was something very fresh.
>>
>>85445624
ah cmon i mean yea it had some really slow moments but yea your right they could have put the end into the season 5 in some way
>>
>>85445170
>successful in builduing up mysteries and questions and to answer them
>and to answer them
>>
>>85447466
I meant to answer them in a way, which was very satisfying lol. English is not my motherlanguage
>>
I actually never watched it completely, it started getting hard to follow after the first three seasons, and by that I mean getting motivated to keep with it. I caught some later episodes, though, and I'll admit some of them are pretty great. I think one of the drawbacks of the show was that it had far too many characters, and unfortunately the real world got in the way and many character arcs frustratingly got cut off prematurely. That said, there were plenty of interesting stories as it was.

Maybe another flaw, and a disagreement I have with you, OP, was that I don't think it always gave satisfying answers to mysteries. I think Lindelof actually took a cue from issues with this show in his more recent projects, in that you need to be upfront about possibly leaving stuff unanswered, and establishing some of the mystery as more of a plot device to explore characters in other ways. Lost went on for a little too long and people really wanted answers to the mystery, which I think is where the show fails. People should have stopped caring about the mystery and been more concerned with how the character arcs would complete.
>>
okay can someone please tell me about that death stuff in the end?

They were dead yet they worked and people reacted to them. That was no illusion. Were they dead but in material form and just didn´´t knew it? So when they remembered, they could go and truly die? Someone explain that to me
>>
The first four seasons are pretty good tv, with 4 being a little rocky. Season 5 isn't the best but overall it's still good television. Now season 6, that's when you can tell that the showrunners just completely gave up trying to explain all of the mysteries.

I'm still a little bitter about the whole thing overall. I don't hate it by any means, but they made so many promises about the show that just ended up being a bunch of bullshit. Ever since the final episode of Lost I've found myself questioning any new show, not ever getting too hyped up because it could bring disappointment.
>>
>>85448549
Does that dude have anything else that is worth it to watch?
>>
>>85448549

>People should have stopped caring about the mystery and been more concerned with how the character arcs would complete

While I do see your point I must respectfully disagree with this. See, while Carton and Damon were making the show (especially early on) they went on record dozens of times saying that they knew all of the answers and that one day they would explain everything. Then suddenly during seasons 5 and 6 they started saying that 'only the important mysteries' would be answered and that if it wasn't answered it wasn't important. Fuck, they claimed they weren't going to explain the motherfucking NUMBERS at first. (The explanation they ultimately gave in show wasn't the best but at least it WAS an explanation)

Basically the reason that people looked for answers is because they promised answers from day 1. Man just look at some of the internet-based 'expanded lore' stuff they did that was eventually rendered non-canon. They tried so hard to make you think they had answers just to claim that we didn't need answers.
>>
The last season sucks but I love the rest of it. I understand why people were bitter about the ending but it's still one of my favorite shows.
>>
>>85449045
Prometheus
>>
>>85448581
The whole world was an illusion. The people in it were presumably dead as well.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.