[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody seen a ghost story yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

anybody seen a ghost story yet?
>>
>pirate central
No.
>>
>>85440213

No. Pretty hyped.

Worried that I will get stuck in a theater with normies though. Apparently some have wandered into the movie thinking it's a horror film and getting a rude surprise.
>>
Pie scene is best scene tbhfam.
>>
>>85441028
seeing it thuesday to avoid normie crowds. looking forward to ti as well
>>85441077
https://twitter.com/jpraup/status/823272793697419264a

I've heard
>>
>>85441182
I agree with that. In fact, I was actually a little let down by the second half of the film because of the lack of those moments. Near the end, I feel like it gets a little obvious with the point it's trying to make.
>>
>>85440648
This but unironically.
>>
Is this one of those irony titled indie movies and the thing has nothing to do with literal ghost stories?
>>
>>85441182

I read some terrible story from a journalist who got stuck in a full theater with people expecting a horror film. Described people cracking jokes, laughing through it, everyone going on their phones, and he even claims that a woman at one point started laughing at his wife because she was crying at a moving part in the film.

Why the fuck do normies just wander into movies based on something like a movie title? Scum.
>>
File: 9136625.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9136625.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>85441337
I had an experience like that when i saw Stalker in 35mm a couple years ago at Yale. It was a free public showing but I'm pretty sure I was the only college kid there who traveled to see it. Halfway through the film some retard started laughing way too loudly at anything that could even be misconstrued as ironic. He then continued to laugh at anything that was even remotely emotional to break the tension because he was a fucking retard, and by the Stalker's monologue at the end about a quarter of the theater was laughing. I was so fucking mad, I was ready to actually begin the beta uprising
>>
>>85441581
To be fair, there are some legitimately funny moments in Stalker.
>>
>>85441647
yeah a few, but like I said what happened is that multiple people were laughing at serious moments
>>
>>85441705
Yeah, I understand. I'm always fascinated by how people react to certain movies. I went to see Stalker in theaters about a month ago (for the Criterion re-release) and the audience seemed mostly bored, but a few moments were pretty neat to see people respond to. A lady audibly gasped at the part where they enter the zone and everything is in regular color. People also laughed at the phone reveal near the end. Some people just fell asleep during it, which honestly, isn't too insulting to me since the film obviously affected that person.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.