[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wheel of time serie's is coming soon to television !

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: wot.png (170KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
wot.png
170KB, 400x400px
Wheel of time serie's is coming soon to television !
>>
Is that a fidget spinner?
>>
>more whitewashing of medieval history by hack directors

Yeah nah.
>>
File: 1500325549286.jpg (54KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500325549286.jpg
54KB, 692x960px
>>85419073
I clicked this board by accident (meant to click /k/) and saw this thread.

Fuck, this adaptation is going to suck.

t. a huge fan of the books
>>
>>85419112
it's a pretzel you fucking millennial
>>
>>85419175

t. a fan of the huge boobs
>>
>>85419175
Hey /k/guy, wat does this mean?:
>Jordan was born in Charleston, South Carolina. He served two tours in Vietnam (from 1968 to 1970) with the United States Army as a helicopter gunner. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross with oak leaf cluster, the Bronze Star with "V" and oak leaf cluster, and two Vietnamese Gallantry Crosses with palm.
Was he a badass or are these just normal awards anyone could get
>>
>>85419235
Like most of /k/, I was never in the military. Your guess is as good as mine.
>>
>>85419235

He wasn't Rambo but he was legit
>>
>>85419476
Dang, never went to /k/, I just assumed... hehe, just made an ass of u and me I suppose :/ :D (.D) (.-.)
>>
>>85419585
You been in the shit? (I copped this phrase from Full Metal Jacket)
>>
>>85419614
To be fair, I was sort of making a joke about how most of /k/ are a bunch of armchair /k/ommandos. No offense taken, fellow WoTfriend.
>>
TUON IS WHITE
>>
>>85419755

If she's black, then Mat can culturally appropriate her vagina.
>>
>>85419755
I hate to say this, but Tuon is black, and subjectively best waifu seeing as how Mat is best guy and he always picks the best bet
>Perrin #2
>Rand al'shit

Also I have little to no hope of this being a good adaptation, due to the volume of the material and the pacing and scale in some parts.
>Main 3 actors don't seem like bad picks though
>>
>>85420055
tuon is the worst waifu of all possible waifus, even erith is better
>>
>>85419755
Crusty
>>
>>85419235
Oak leaf cluster means a second award. V means the award was for combat actions.

From what I recall someone asked him about it at a book signing and it was for suppressive fire on riverboats during an evacuation.
>>
Robert Jordan made the fatal error of becoming a fanboy of his own work. What started as a story with potential for direction lost itself in endless irrelevant plotlines so much so that it would be hyperbolic praise to consider wheel of time meandering because meandering implies there's some general purpose to a journey which one avoids. There is not a general purpose to Wheel of Time, instead it has become a perpetually displaced concept, operating outside understood dimensions of plot and structure.
A show about his descent into juvenile love of his own work and the adolescent sycophantic fanbase which encouraged this bizarre creation would be infinitely more entertaining than the content of what he has written.
>>
>>85422596
>implying the lead editor of Tor didn't seduce him and trap him in a BDSM relationship then force him to write novel after novel until he was dead
your understanding of this situation is cursory
>>
>>85419073
Isn't it literally the longest fantasy novel series ever written because the author CANNOT FUCKING STOP writing books? How would you even go about capturing that on tv?
>>
>>85419073
That logo is physically impossible
>>
I really, truly, honestly hope the Wheel of Time tv series is something good and not shitty like everyone expects it to be. I just hope it will beat the odds. Everyone thinks it will be shit, but what if it's that one in a million show? What if the writers, directors, showrunners all just come together and make something incredible? It could happen. It could actually happen.
>>
>>85424156

About five of the books can be collapsed down into one season without missing much of anything.
>>
>>85424863
The so-called "filler" in Jordan's WoT is marbled with fat chunks of foreshadowing such that it cannot be elided without damaging the story.
>>
>>85425140

All of the rebel Aes Sedai bickering can be cut. Also just speed events up. There's no reason why books 7-10 need to be their own seasons.
>>
File: Graendal.jpg (421KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
Graendal.jpg
421KB, 680x850px
>tfw no thicc forsaken gf
>>
>>85425518
Naw, dude, you're just wrong, and spewing memes you absorbed. Aren't you the guy who said Selucia had a K-cup? Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
Really hope its good. I just hope they don't put to much Aes Sedai, I couldn't finish the book because of how annoying literally every female was, especially Nynaeve and Moraine
>>
>>85426467
You didn't get very far if Moraine is your top annoying character.
>>
>>85426467
They were my 2 favourites. I understand how Nynaeve can be annoying though but Moraine is based.
>>
>>85426604
Yeah I got to the book where it completely excluded Perrin and lost any reason to keep reading when I learned he wouldn't be in it and Mat wouldn't be in the next.
>>
>>85426707
>muh perrin
fuck you
>>
>>85427810
I dunno man, I just found his story interesting and Rand was just kinda fucking around with the Aiel which I din't care for.
>>
>>85428004
Perrin going back to emond's field was a cool plot.
>>
will the big titted actresses from the Legend of the Seeker be cast in this?
>>
>>85428382
please please please please please please please
>>
What's you guys least favorite plot arc?

I'd say for me it's a close call between Perrin trying to get his Wife back. Or Elayne ascending to the throne. I'd say Elayne trying to become queen has the edge for me. Mainly because how it was rendered almost moot by her nation getting wrecked. And also how late it took place in books made it feel really out of place in the big picture of what was going on in the world.
>>
>>85429183
faile in the shaido camp and perrin moping holy shit what a drag
skipped most of it on my last reread
>>
>>85429240
>rereading WoT
for what purpose
>>
>>85429183
I honestly would have been fine with that darkfriend dude killing elayne
>>
>>85429279
escaping from the pain of existence
>>
>>85429183
I always hated the traveling menagerie and the bulk of Perrin getting Faile back, the only good part of that is the battle in the end.

I'm more worried about how they're going to do channeling and the sword fighting.
>>
>>85429240
Honestly by the end I fucking hated Perrin. His whole dream world plot felt so poorly placed. Would've been better character development if it had happened midway through the series instead of the very end. He has the power the whole time but only gets expanded on at the very end. At which point I was far more interested on the more important things than Perrin learning to fly as a wolf in dreamland and squaring up against his biggest rival.
>>
>>85429183
The whole rebel aes sedai storyline was utter shit. It's literally hundreds of pages of nothing with more nothing. At least Egwene gets spanked for a book straight at the end, so it's not all bad.
>>
>>85429382
>Perrin and Faile stink up the series during its slowest points
>they both survive and become rulers
>Perrin gets god powers
why
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.