[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Valerian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
I saw Valerian yesterday and the main problem I had was this:

Valerian used his suit to break through many walls of the space station when he was trying to chase the alien ship that was escaping. He easily could crash through massive walls with it.

Laureline was wearing an exact same suit when she was captured by the aliens that wanted to eat her head. Why didn't she use the superstrength of her suit to fight off her captors instead of putting on the white dress and hat?

Is there any explanation for this? Am I missing something?

Pic related - the super suits.
>>
Just turn your brain off lmao
>>
>>85417486

Can't do that. A movie has to at least be internally consistent.

It was otherwise pretty good.

Enjoyed the fact that at its essence it was a movie about a dramatic war crime and genocide. Not a popular subject for a movie. Pretty gutsy to make.

But it made no sense how Valerian's suit made him Iron Man yet Laureline couldn't even punch her way through a fat alien or two in the same gear.
>>
>>85417388
You will be the only name on my playlist.
>>
>>85417388
Is this movie worth a watch?
>>
>>85417554
Ugh, I bet you're one of those virgins who think that they could have just ridden those bird-thingies to get the ring to the volcano guy.
>>
>>85417566

I liked it a lot except for the issue raised in this thread.

It was much drearier than 5th element but I like dreary since I'm a dreary person. The opening 5 minutes alone made it worthwhile. Best use of a Bowie song in any movie ever.

I don't watch previews so I had no idea what it was even about until I saw it and I left satisfied.
>>
File: 1500036215958.jpg (33KB, 250x206px) Image search: [Google]
1500036215958.jpg
33KB, 250x206px
>>85417672
fuck off shill, nobody wants to see some CGI shlock with Fridge Golum and some numale faggot.
>>
>>85417667
>Ugh, I bet you're one of those virgins who think that they could have just ridden those bird-thingies to get the ring to the volcano guy.

In fairness to that plot hole the Nazgul had giant dragon serpent creatures they flew too and Sauron would have seen them flying through the air pretty easily triggering a massive Dragon creature vs. Eagle battle which would have been interesting but completely changed the movie.

I can't see any valid explanation for the "Iron Man" vs. "powerless girl" problem raised in this plot line.

Thought maybe I was missing something but I guess not. Just bad writing.
>>
>>85417770
i>n fairness to that plot hole the Nazgul had giant dragon serpent creatures they flew too and Sauron would have seen them flying through the air pretty easily triggering a massive Dragon creature vs. Eagle battle which would have been interesting but completely changed the movie.
Nerd.
>>
>>85417759

I hated Cara prior to watching this. She was okay. Not as entertaining or charismatic as Mila Jojovitch but okay to watch. Her character was mostly an even keeled tough girl so she played it straight and it worked.

I'm actually impressed they cast such a clearly small and beta male in the lead role. Being red pilled if I was making a movie I would NEVER cast my male lead as anyone but a 6' square jawed robust thick bone structure alpha white guy.

If you are trying to make money you need to use the biggest jock alpha to bring women in and deflect criticism like yours.

Not sure if they didn't know better or they were intentionally being subversive.

Either way I don't care what the guy looks like because I'm not a fag.
>>
>>85417856
>Nerd.

Just lol at you actually saying that implying I would be anything but. I'm posting plot criticisms on 4chan at 10:30 PM on a Monday night.

Of course I am. Doesn't make anything I'm saying any less correct.
>>
>>85417930
>not roleplaying as a woman at 3:30AM a tuesday morning
You really ARE a pathetic virgin, aren't you?
>>
>>85417976
>You really ARE a pathetic virgin, aren't you?

Yeah I am actually.

Still saw two naked girls at work today.

So not even mad.
>>
File: 1500753990977.png (126KB, 402x398px) Image search: [Google]
1500753990977.png
126KB, 402x398px
>>85417872
>"I I swear Cara is good in this one, please watch my movie goyim"

nah m8, probably won't even bother pirating the blu ray rip in a year or two.
>>
>>85418027

Do you honestly think some Hollywood shill was paid to make a thread on 4chan to promote a movie BY COMPLAINING ABOUT A MAJOR PLOT INCONSISTENCY?

If it was my movie it wouldn't have had this error. All they had to do to fix it was have the aliens for example "zap" Cara's suit when they captured her to disable it and plot hole filled.

A lazy explanation is still better than none.
>>
File: IMG_2326.jpg (13KB, 183x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2326.jpg
13KB, 183x188px
>>85418241
I don't care m8, the movie was clearly shit from the trailer.

The cast is shit, the marketing is shit and the graphics look literally PS2 tier.
And no I don't want to see your garbage Monobrow Goblinfaced Fridge "Actress" in her newest shitty movie so we can discuss its retarded lore here.
>>
>>85417388
your main problem was not the bad CGI?
>>
>>85417388
the suits amplify strength
so the woman and her suit are inherently weaker than the man and his suit
>>
>>85417388
I just came to /tv/ to post this exact same thread. Like it's the same armor, what the fuck
>>
they knew there weren't gonna be any women watching it, he's the perfect actor for you to project on for your power fantasy
>>
Does cara wear any sexy lewd outfits and show panty?
>>
File: rihanna-valerian.jpg (483KB, 612x916px) Image search: [Google]
rihanna-valerian.jpg
483KB, 612x916px
Let's discuss the real problem with this movie, she can't act or voice act(when her character is in her real form) for shit
>>
I'm curious as to why the director thought it was a good idea to stop the movie so we could have a 3 minute scene of Rhianna dancing. My guess is that the producers wanted more star-power and the director couldn't be fucked to write in a meaningful part for her.
>>
I'm so thirsty for new Sci-Fi movies I'll probably watch it again
>>
File: cara.jpg (160KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
cara.jpg
160KB, 1080x1349px
CARA IS CUTE! CUTE ! :3
>>
>>85417872
>I hated Cara prior to watching this. She was okay. Not as entertaining or charismatic as Mila Jojovitch but okay to watch. Her character was mostly an even keeled tough girl so she played it straight and it worked.
I blame the director in part. Cara had moments like when being introduced on the bus and almost when the alien is showing her different dresses, but too much of it was the stern by-the-books-soldier thing.

Cara's character grew up in a different century away from modern civilization. She was the more caring and concerned one, doing what's right for people and then one everyone falls in love with as the girl next door.

Dane's character should be a fucking Han Solo - smooth, a ladykiller, and dashing -- who has literally been taught that the government is always right now matter how wrong it obviously is.

That gives Lauraline the chance to fight for the right thing and love to convince Valerian to eventually side with her.

The book (#5, Ambassador of the Shadows) is an odd choice to launch with which the director half-assed. The book mainly follows Lauraline as Valerian and the Ambassador get kidnapped early on. The aliens we know are gently beach folk don't get revealed until the end so that you have suspense. You spend the book with Lauraline trying desperately to track down Valerian through multiple events. Some which she does in the movie and some they kinda gave to Valerian. Not to mention we added Rhianna with a bullshit dance sequence because we have Rhianna.
>>
>>85417872
you are just a beta
>>
>>85420694
>feet not on the floor to increase ability to lean
Why would you go to an arcade and not play the games properly?
>>
>>85417388
suit aplifies strength, girls are weakern then boys
>>
>>85417388
>Valerian used his suit
valerian is the boys name? lol
>>
>>85420928
do you put your feet on the ground when you are driving a motorcycle?
>>
>>85421288
A motorcycle has footpegs.
>>
>>85420928
the real crime is that she's wearing shoes
>>
File: kyle_cunningham.jpg (50KB, 603x383px) Image search: [Google]
kyle_cunningham.jpg
50KB, 603x383px
>>85421288
do you not?
>>
>>85417566
>>85417672
honestly didnt notice this when i was watching the movie

i was a little confused about the ending, who was where, etc. but overall enjoyed it

great visuals
>>
>>85420078

Glad I'm not the only one who saw it. Thanks.
>>
>>85420297
>>85420286

It's no different than the Diva scene from 5th element. He likes that sort of thing.

I thought it was fine.
>>
>>85420914

Obviously I'm a beta. So what?
>>
>>85420286
she was bad. couldnt even cry for her own death scene
>>
I thought the movie was okay. I didn't like Valerian's weird surfer boy accent and I think Cara is ugly, but then again I also thought young Mila Jovovich was ugly in the 5th element

Valerian's casting was anime-protag style, so I don't really see a problem with them casting a twink. But I would've casted Ryan Reynolds instead if they wanted a "Han Solo but in space" character
>>
>>85424024
>han solo but in space
Anon...
>>
>>85424024

I think most of the criticism is based on lookism and poor casting.

Dane can't play an alpha Chad because he's not physically the type.

Cara is wooden.

Rihanna has no expression/energy/charisma.

Put three different actors in and it would have probably been successful.

Personally I don't care about the actors so I still liked it.

But I don't get how you can have $200 million to spend on a movie and not realize you need a Chad in your main role if you want people to show up.

Chads run the world.

Practically every successful movie ever has a Chad lead actor.
>>
Name a major successful movie that doesn't have a Chad lead actor and isn't a:

1) Black movie
2) Asian martial arts movie
3) Art house or critic-oriented feature
>>
>>85424908

This is Chad's world and the rest of us are just passing through ...
>>
>>85421350
This. She needs to show off yet boyfeet more.
>>
File: whatthefuckamireading.jpg (28KB, 284x290px) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuckamireading.jpg
28KB, 284x290px
>>85424024
>"Han Solo but in space"
>>
>>85424908
the harry potter series
>>
>>85417388
your gripe wasn't with the magic organism that can create energy or matter from nothing?
>>
>>85417554
obvious that the suit enhances user's strength
and women have -(negative)4 strength
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.