[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>...the three main motives of the film. The first is the central

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: Teorema.jpg (830KB, 1184x1225px) Image search: [Google]
Teorema.jpg
830KB, 1184x1225px
>...the three main motives of the film. The first is the central character, whose biblical references are obvious. A telegram announces the "good news" about the visit of a young man to a grand bourgeois family. We will not learn anything more about the young man. After he arrives every member of the family, male and female, unable to resist their wild sexual attraction, falls in love with him. After having sex with all the members of the family, making them happy, he suddenly receives word that he must leave. His disappearance leaves the family in total despair.

>The biblical allusion in this has been so obvious that even the overtly corporal interpretation of the divine visitation as well as its sexual character, which is the second important symbolic element, was not problematic even for the Roman Catholic Church. On the contrary, apparently, Pasolini himself asked a Catholic priest, Father Lucio Settimio Caruso of the Pro Civitate Christiana, to find him a biblical citation to illustrate his "teorema" about the "sudden embodiment or eruption of God in earthly affairs." Here is what the priest found for Pasolini: "You have seduced me, my Lord, and I have let myself being seduced" (Jeremiah 20:7). From the film it is clear that Pasolini felt confirmed in the erotic interpretation of the divine contact. The third symbolic motive is the recurring image of the desert, which slightly shifts its meaning each time it appears. The image of the desert is metaphorically associated with other motives of the film, such as the factory, the father, and the sexual adventures of the mother after the visitor disappears. In the last scene the father walks naked in the desert uttering a desperate cry. Other than symbolizing the total desolation of the father's life, the image of the desert becomes saturated here with another biblical allusion. It is Moses' wondering in the desert, in a no-man's-land between the vale of tears and Canaan.

Holy shit, why didn't I notice this before?
>>
i absolutely love this one
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-07-24-21h23m31s820.png (1MB, 1280x706px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-07-24-21h23m31s820.png
1MB, 1280x706px
the first time I watched this movie I thought it was too slow for unnecessary reasons, and kind of redundant on it's themes but some scenes really stayed with me and it wasn't until I watched Cosmos by Zulawski that I gave it a second chance and I did a complete 180 on what I thought of it. Now it has become one of the more rewatchable movies I know, you always pick up different things.

also
>requiem starts playing
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.