[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Edward kill himself, or just didn't show up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: nocturnal_animals_xlg.jpg (255KB, 1012x1500px) Image search: [Google]
nocturnal_animals_xlg.jpg
255KB, 1012x1500px
Did Edward kill himself, or just didn't show up?
>>
>>85410458
He stood her up. He wrote that book while going through the process of working out his shit. In the end he realized he was right and she was wrong.
>>
>>85410458
How did you come to the conclusion he killer himself?
>>
>>85410698
The book is an extension of their relationship and he dies in the end.
I think he suicided desu
>>
>>85410698
"When you love someone, you try everything for it to work because you never know if you'll ever love someone again."
>>
>>85410760
>>85410885
not good enough. Be realistic
>>
Edward never existed
>>
>>85410937
Fuck you Susan.
>>
whats funny is that this movie is def redpill/antiwomen but society is ok with it because the director is a gay dude
>>
>>85411482
What makes you say that?
>>
He stood her up. She left him because she thought he wasn't going anywhere. Leaving him to wallow in his pain and suffer while she married a successful guy, got rich and had a family.

Fast forward 20 years everything she thought she wanted wasn't how it went planned. She had a doomed marriage, knew her husband was cheating on her. Her daughter was getting old and fucking different men and she wasn't even happy. She thought her ex who worshipped her when they were together would be able to give her happiness thinking he'd be some beta who'd run back to her. Him standing her up showed her that she was wrong and a miserable bitch just like her mother.

In the end that left her with truly nothing and feeling empty on the inside.
>>
>>85411482
You're the one forcefully applying politics to it, dude. It didn't feel like it was making a statement about men, women or any broad group at all. It felt like a very personal story between Edward and Susan and their circumstances.
>>
>>85412084
But didn't it leave Edward heartbroken for life? Susan told him to not wright about himself which Edward did the right opposite of when he wrote the book. When we consider this and take the sherriff's character into the headlights, it was Edward speaking too. "You have no one that is close to you?" "Only a daughter in some shithole."

It felt to me that even though Edward went through a personal therapy when writing the book, he never truly healed from the wound she left him with. Thus the assumption about suicide.
>>
>>85411464
kek
>>
>>85410698
>he killer himself
kek
>>
Haven't seen Moonlight yet but Nocturnal Animals was my favorite movie last year.
>>
No he didn't commit suicide. What a stupid fucking theory. The entire point of sending her the novel was to exact on her the same emotional and psychological revenge she'd incised into his soul. He knows her life has become a shit show, she's a well known art curator/director and he's a perceptive writer who can read people but was blind to the one woman he loved and whom betrayed him. He knew exactly when to send her the manuscript, gave her a sense of hope, and lured her into a spot of nakedness. Then he abandoned her there. The dude became the "strong" ideal that she and her mother believed him not to be, and it was her bitch ass that pushed him into becoming that.

Great movie, btw. Watched it twice and it was just as powerful the second time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.