[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remake > Original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: 1491517931481.jpg (81KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491517931481.jpg
81KB, 800x600px
Remake > Original
>>
left looks like "mom say it's my turn to play" kid from /v/
>>
The clown wasnt ment to look scary as possible, it supposed to be a funny clown to attract kids but still having some unexplained creeps about it thats kids felt

Right has better costume and only looks good on camera but not the way penniwise was supposed to be portrayted

Old version didnt have any creeps

I have no clownphobia so none of them look scary
>>
>>85402954
I also like the design of remaked version. I guess where they weight on the scale of the crown-ish ←→ evil-ness. Even looking at him gets me pumped thinking where the story going.
>>
>>85402954

i aint scared of a porelain doll.

his forehead looks like it could be cracked open with a toothpick.
>>
>>85402954
Even if the new one is shit, it still has a high chance of being better than the original. That one is just awful all around.
>>
>>85402954
Tim Curry was fucking PERFECT for that role, shit felt like it was ripped straight from the book.

Anyone got any Pennywise reaction pics?
>>
File: georgie.jpg (27KB, 552x596px) Image search: [Google]
georgie.jpg
27KB, 552x596px
>Henry and his two cronies, Belch Huggins (Jake Sim) and Victor Criss (Logan Thompson), have chased Mike to a creekside, where they’ve pinned his face against the rocks. Outnumbered, Mike’s eyes search desperately for help. What he sees is a clown, watching him from the treeline.

>The clown waves a hand… but it’s not his hand. It’s a child’s hand, ripped off at the elbow. Pennywise (played by Bill Skarsgard) has been nibbling on the raw end, based on the blood smeared around his smile.

>Mike squints. He can’t believe what he’s seeing. He doesn’t know it yet, but the demented glee the bullies are taking in beating on him is what drew It from its lair. Either they’re feeding off of It, or It is feeding off of their manic violence.

I bet it's Georgie's arm kek
>>
>>85404451
its the best clown in any horror anything you dunce
>>
>>85404576
>shit felt like it was ripped straight from the book

Pennywise was polymorphous in the book. Thats something the tv movie didnt touch too much upon. I wonder if the remake will only tread the waters with that.
>>
>>85404451
The only reason people even mention it is because Curry served up his performance with a ham dinner drizzled with extra cheese. It makes for something that is entertaining to watch, but little beyond that.

That said, I am interested in how they're going to treat the character and tone in general. They seem to be making it much darker and serious than the original, but i'm not sure if that's the right way to go. Every time I've been in a theater and the IT trailer played the audience was always giggling by the end.
>>
>>85402954
Are lots of people actually afraid/turned off by clowns or is this just a meme?
>>
>>85404913

Because they turned it into an average ghost movies with jump scares.

Its not darker, its edgy but safe.
>>
>>85402954
>remake
>better

this does not make sense
>>
>>85404913
>They seem to be making it much darker and serious than the original, but i'm not sure if that's the right way to go
The book itself was pretty fucking dark especially with the shit Henry Bowers did to the Losers
>>
File: timcurry.jpg (105KB, 857x922px) Image search: [Google]
timcurry.jpg
105KB, 857x922px
>>85402954
>/Nobody, Ever./

>>85404576
I don't but this was my face when I learned poor Tim Curry has been stuck in a wheelchair for years.
>>
File: interior_3.jpg (102KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
interior_3.jpg
102KB, 350x500px
>Remake
It's an adaptation. Your goosebumps tv series is also an adaptation.
>>
Im reading the script now
Its pretty brazy cuz It is just in the kids houses and likes fucking with them to scare them so they taste better and he can overpower them (since It is actually really weak unless they're afraid).

Like It just goes into their house and like into their bedrooms and trolls them all day. Like in that scene he has his brothers corpse and then he floods the basement and makes Will go into the basement and then he sock puppets the bros body and then jumps out like OOOGA BOOGA BOOGA STOOPID DOG and then Will runs away all scare and thats the whole point. sick sadistic childish shit to scare a child that the clown guy actually enjoys doing. hes like that tails gets trolled comic where bugs bunny acts all gay and retarded
>>
>>85402954
>nigger
>having a good opinion about anything

shut up nigger
>>
Right is someone scary trying to be a clown.

Left looks like someone stupid trying to be a scary clown.
>>
Under 18's on 4chan
>"it's darker so it must be better!"

Pennywise wasn't supposed to be a dark, evil clown. He was meant to be bright and colorful to lure kids in (he's actually some fucking billion year old alien spider or some shit).
>>
>>85406473
You're implying that under 18s have read the novel and fat 30 year old NEETs have only seen the tv miniseries made for children
>>
Even if they fuck up the clown, /tv/'s based froggo is in it
>>
>>85402954
Is the remake gonna include "that" scene?
>>
>>85402954
Left is the hot topic version of the right. The right is the brightly colored child luring monster, so is better. Anyone who disagrees sucks their mom's dick.
>>
>>85406473
Not really. Read the book.
>>
>>85404913
>That said, I am interested in how they're going to treat the character and tone in general. They seem to be making it much darker and serious than the original, but i'm not sure if that's the right way to go.
The book is pretty fucking dark. IT may not be visually dark when in clown form (it's hard to visually describe that sense of dread) but when he is in different forms he's often pretty fucked up. At one point he's a vampire with razorblades for teeth that destroys it's own mouth by chomping uncontrollably. In ITs scariest appearance (imo) it's LITERALLY just a grandma though, and the dread doesn't translate well to film.

This is a hard movie to do right.
>>
>>85402954

Nothing wrong with the face but they could've done a whole lot better on the costume. It looks like a mall-goth.

The face should be the unsettling part, not the "SUPER DARK CLOWN OUTFIT"

A bad choice but all-around not going to break the character
>>
> implying a movie based off a King horror story will be good
>>
>>85406889
Yes, that was confirmed.
>>
>>85402954
How were clowns supposed to be funny? I don't find them scary either but whoever invented the clown look had a weird humour.
>>
>>85406473
>>85406893
These opinions are objective facts. Nice description with the Hot Topic line that describes it perfectly. I'm still pumped to see it regardless.

>>85406889
No unfortunately not, I'd definitely smash. I read that scene literally two minutes ago and realized how Stephen King can't write for fucking shit. He's terrible, I'm not trying to be contrarian but it's like a 12 year old wrote the ritual of chud.
>>
>>85407353

It was a thing since the dark ages of Europe so it carries a lot of "traditional" humor with it that doesn't really relate to our modern sense of humor
>>
>>85407122
>the dread doesn't translate well to film.

That's why I think it's wrong for them to pursue a darker tone, at least with their portrayal of Pennywise. I admit that I haven't read the book (bits and pieces, but nothing substantial), however I do know that literary horror and film horror are two completely separate beasts, especially the way King writes books. It would take a director with some serious chops to do this right, and judging by the trailer, I think that the best this movie can do is be amusing. Again, an audience stifling laughter in reaction to a horror movie trailer doesn't bode well.
>>
>>85402954
I like the idea of Pennywise taking on a more of an antiquity styled clown to reflect that It basically stuck to what may have been the first fear of its victims.

However the design of the face is incredibly try hard. Like maybe if he only got that face when he was doing some horror moments like when Pennywise shows his teeth but as its basal state it's not very good.
>>
>>85406473
The spider is the only way humans can perceive its true form, which is supposed to be incomprehensible.
>>
>>85403550
The clown is supposed to be at least 300 years old. The clothes of the remake are a bit more faithful to this fact.
>>
>>85407353
Ancient people found idiots and fools funny, most of the old humor with clowns is their nonsense behavior.

Since it's no longer political correct to mock the mentally retarded that context was lost.
>>
>Pennywise is supposed to be wise-cracking dancing cheerful friendly neighbourhood clown!

Things redditos say
>>
>>85403550
This, the right clown looks a lot creepier because it isn't trying to be OMG SO EVIL AND SCARY. Plus Tim Curry just has a creepy fucking look about him
>>
>>85407950

As a society we still find black people to be incredibly funny because they are our intellectual inferiors, the same as clowns.

>"Look he said something in that accent they do and he is genuinely confused about an otherwise simple situation! Hahah!"

I am not trying to be edgy, clowns, blackface, "black comedy" and everything in between is in basically the same category
>>
>>85407958
They don't care that they're objectively wrong. They just want to circlejerk "their" opinion until you upvote how witty they must be.
>>
>>85406327
>OOGA OOGA BOOGA STOOPID DOG. >I'm laffing
>>
>>85407375
More like the ritual of chub amirite?
>>
>>85402954
>calling another adaption of a novel a "remake" of the 1990 TV movie adaption

Stupid
>>
>>85402954
never understood how people think clowns are scary.
all seems pretty limp wristed to me
>>
>>85403550

I hate this stupid argument.

You're comparing a random shot of Pennywise to a horror movie poster designed to entice Jerome to bring his girlfriend to see the movie and get scared. The front cover of the It DVD has Tim Curry with a big fucking claw. Same thing

We don't see a "normal" look for the clown yet. Because they're selling a horror movie. And it looks fucking great so far.
>>
>>85406889
Huh
>>
File: 1479886192924.png (93KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479886192924.png
93KB, 300x225px
>>85402954
why is the one on the left a tranny? or is that the point to show how horrifying trannies are due to their personality disorder unable to accept who they are?
>>
>>85406739
He makes everything he's in worth watching
>>
>>85409554
Penny wise is never stated be be a male
>>
Remake doesn't have any colours apparently.
>>
>>85410754
or human, so it could be a tranny that is pretty scary considering how real trannies are today always yelling and screaming and dressed like clowns literally with colored hair, it fits honestly.
>>
>>85402954
The remake is so fucking tryhard it isn't even funny.
>>
>>85406889
Absolutely not.
>>
>>85410914
You're a tryhard.
>>
>>85402954
The first one wasn't even scary and did not follow the books very well. New one is closer to the books, clown design is creepy as intended. Can't wait to see the drider design this time around.
>>
>>85402954
I'll reserve judgement but as they are
>Splitting the childhood and adult stories into two different movies and intend to release a directors cut off both movies spliced together into a single narrative
>Actually have the kids fucking
>Seem to not be pussing out on the gore
I'm optimistic about the movie being good. They at least seem to care enough to try.
My biggest doubts are whether they'll nail pennywise and whether they'll be faithful to each kids story of meeting IT for the first time.
>>
>>85407958
He's supposed to have a veneer of glee but people think Tim Curry is how pennywise is supposed to act. Curry did a great job and was entertaining as all hell but he didn't really portray the menace of pennywise all that well. All the menace came from effects and outside actions like the balloons of blood and other scenes like that.
>>
>>85406889
Uncensored and unsimulated.
>>
>>85404885
I meant his clown form.
Not overly scary, mundane, but with a hint of malevolence
>>
>>85411291
>Actually have the kids fucking
Source?
>>
>>85409554
>>85410754
in fact pennywise is addressed as a girl in the trailer
>>
>>85402954
kruger is a shill?
the actual fucking state of /tv/ lads
>>
File: IMG_5017.jpg (245KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5017.jpg
245KB, 1080x1080px
>>85411705
>>
>>85411705
In the book all the male friends pass the girl around for "support" or whatever. It was unnecessary, unrealistic and basically King has never been called out on it.
>>
>>85412129
I mean in the movie
>>
>>85412208
They'd never put it on screen, most people pretend it never happened.
>>
>>85411291
Instead of seeing a mummy Ben gets chased by a headless boy from the Ironworks explosion. There's a storyboard of it the actor posted. Happens in the library as he is studying more into the tragic history of Derry. In the trailer he sees a balloon that leads him to a secluded area of the building.

Instead of Mike seeing Rodan he sees The Black Spot fire. This is what the first trailer or whatever teases at least with him seeing burnt hands trying to claw out of a burning building.

We see in that same trailer Eddie being chased by the leper on Neibolt St. He gets chased around that house twice in the book. I reckon they'll combine it into 1 scene.
>>
File: CohD5Uu.jpg (29KB, 724x410px) Image search: [Google]
CohD5Uu.jpg
29KB, 724x410px
What kind of response do you get from fans of the book when they find out you’re directing a film of “It”?

>Most of the people are excited about seeing a good adaptation. There are naysayers. Those tend to be the people who are fans of the miniseries rather than the fans of the book. People who read the book and got the book, they’re not crazy about the miniseries. It was a very watered-down version. It didn’t contain the darkness that the book had. They couldn’t make something for TV about a clown who eats children.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.