[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did it turn out so fucking good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Ringstrilogyposter.jpg (143KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ringstrilogyposter.jpg
143KB, 800x540px
How did it turn out so fucking good?
>>
>>85400415
no black people
>>
>>85400426
How could you forget the brave black women who fought in the war command by their brave general Idris Elba
>>
>>85400415
The first two are masterpieces, return of the king is the worst. It's typical mainstream Hollywood blockbuster shlock with awful cgi and quips
>>
>>85400415
It was high quality source material and they cared about it.
>>
no niggers or other subhumans
>>
>>85400528
At least the cgi didn't look like complete shit like in The Hobbit.
>>
>>85400415
years and years of preparation
>>
>>85400415
It wasn't good. For one thing, it's way to fucking long. Peter Jackson doesn't seem to know when enough is enough.

Second of all, it needed some ethnic diversity. The fact they had the Maori hidden under heavy makeup as Orcs definitely carries some racist undertones. And I know the books were written by a crotchety old white guy, but come on. They needed a few people of color in there.
>>
>>85400760
You are right sir. This old movie is basically unwatchable because it supports nazi beliefs. I'm waiting to see a remake with Michael B. Jordan as Aragorn.
>>
>>85400760
must try harder
see me
>>
>>85400693
and years of post-production as well
>>
File: dear_liza.jpg (49KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
dear_liza.jpg
49KB, 500x667px
>>85400415
It was a different time anon...
>>
>>85400565
At least half the cast orcs
>>
>>85400426
Actually just recently i noticed a black guy in the army of rohan in one of the scenes
>>
I lived through the time and watched all of these kinos and not once did I think about or read a comment in a newspaper or online that it's inappropriate that every person in the trilogy is white.
People back then were just happier.
>>
>>85401280
Bullshit.
>>
File: Rolling tear.jpg (18KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Rolling tear.jpg
18KB, 600x315px
>>85400528
It was feelskino, anon.
>I can't carry it for you, but I can carry YOU!
>>
>>85400528
When will this meme of "RotK was bad" die? It was a fuckin masterpiece. The Rohan charge is one of the best movie scenes of all time
>>
>>85401283
Made before 2008. People were happily coexisting and respecting but acknowledging differences. Now everyone is eating each other alive because they blame people who don't share their social perspective for all the problems caused by the great recession.
>>
>>85400415
Talented crew willing to get shit done with quality and a director who was passionate about his work, also a cast of mostly lesser-knowns who wanted to make their mark and were willing to take the beatings.
>>
File: 1496171972182.jpg (97KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496171972182.jpg
97KB, 576x1024px
>>85401280
>10,000 /tv/ autists rewatching all Rohan scenes
oh you
>>
>>85400760
We get it, you hate white people. It's ok to be racist here anon.
>>
>>85402297
>When will this meme of "RotK was bad" die?
I don't get it either. It basically does what Two Towers did (following different groups of the original Fellowship, giant fight scenes) but more of it.

>>85400661
I'm honestly amazed at how well the CGI still holds up even though the films are about 15 years old now.

>>85403070
Exactly this. And it is exactly this that turned The Hobbit films into shit. Jackson wasn't passionate at all, most of the cast felt like shit (5 hours in make-up, plus a fat suit, to turn you into a Dwarf just to stand there in scenes and have no lines).
Watching the Appendices is heart-breaking when you compare them to LotR. Almost no camaraderie between the main cast (while in LotR all the main actors got a special tattoo except for grumpy John Rhys-Davies), all kinds of shots of Jackson looking depressed, Ian McKellen crying on set because he had to act with tennis balls and green screen for over half of the movies.
>>
>>85402297
Bernard Hill knocked Theoden out of the park. Most underrated part of the trilogy IMO (the performance, not the scene).
>>
>>85401283
>People back then were just happier.

Yes anon, the post 9/11 was the happiest period of modern history, not you being young or anything haha
>>
>>85405264
He was amazing in every scene he was in, he just nailed it. I still get emotional every time at "No parent should have to bury their child."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcqLPalcpXk
>>
>>85400415
Peter Jackson had a lot hanging on this. While he had made good movies before this, none of them had been on this scale, so he had the determination to show, that he could make it work.
>>
>>85400415
it was made before cancer times

you can already see how they are gonna remake it
>>
>>85400415
No feminism or quips
>>
>>85406005
>they are gonna remake it
Please don't even joke about this. Leave this meme in dreams.
>>
It was a risky endeavor so in some ways Jackson had to play it safe, which is why Fellowship is the best.

It also came before normies were able to run wild on the internet and before SJWs found their soapboxes.

Otherwise you'd end up with a movie full of out-of-place minorities, 'diverse' orcs (with white ones) and Arwen would have either replaced a member of the fellowship or would be the 10th member (or maybe one of the hobbits would have been genderbent).
>>
>>85400415
They planned the fuck out of it for years, were able to do literally everything prop/set related in house and most of the CG which saved a ton of money and headaches, got good actors and just had competent, experienced people running every step of the process. The same way most good movies get made, just on a larger scale than almost any.
>>
Concentrated work time for production and relaxed times for preproduction and postproduction, great place to film, fantastic young actors that weren't really known (Viggo Mortensen and Elijah Wood were lightning in a bottle) with passionate veterans; tasteful use of special effects, both hi-tech digital (mo-cap still looks really good) and practical, most typical of the 90s; longed for yet untamed source material; and a director that had been working on the side of the Holywood production system with clear love of the source material and things to add onto it, without a preconceived notion on "how" to make a film of this caliber (besides maybe Alexander Nevski, which certainly helped). Reverse order.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.