[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what did he end up doing for the rest of his life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: TravisBickle.jpg (25KB, 399x249px) Image search: [Google]
TravisBickle.jpg
25KB, 399x249px
what did he end up doing for the rest of his life?
>>
He drives
>>
>>85392490
but I mean was he happy? is he "better"
>>
>>85392474

Most likely stuck with his taxi driver job, slowly getting angry at the city again, and going on another rampage this time either ending in death or prison.
>>
File: Z.jpg (8KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
8KB, 292x173px
>>85392474
hunting vampires according to this
>>
This is objectively Scorsese best film
>>
>>85392474
jodie foster
>>
Probably offed himself the very next day
>>
what do you mean op? he is dead. He died, and what we saw at the end of the movie was his visions
>>
>>85395832
silence is his best film pleb
>>
>>85398472
I didn't look at it that way but that makes sense. In reality he'd probably get jail time
>>
>>85392474
Posting on /pol/
>>
>>85398472
straight from the writer

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1jr8ai/i_am_paul_schrader_writer_of_taxi_driver/

>The epilogue is not a dream sequence, it's just the restarting of the movie. I've always felt that the last frame could be spliced to the first frame and the movie started all over again. However, you are right to say that good movies leave themselves open for interpretation.
>>
None of that shit at the flophouse happened. It was just a fantasy he had while ____________driving a fucking taxi_____
>>
>>85392474
was he the original /pol/fag?
>>
>>85399224
so what he's saying is that he will do the whole shit over and over?
>>
>>85399498
He was an /r9k/ and /k/ cross poster, nobody on /pol/ has the balls to actually go on a rampage
>>
>>85399551
yeah which is why the music becomes dark again
>>
>>85399551
Yeah, in the commentary Scorcese put in that last scene where he looks at the mirror to show that Travis is still unhinged, and hasn't really been redeemed or cured in any way.

If you consider that the story is loosely based on Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground, this isn't surprising at all.
>>
>>85399551
Time is a flat circle
>>
My interpretation of the ending is that you're supposed to be left to your own devices to figure out what's next for Travis, which is just as scary and dark as the movie itself. Does he clean up and move onto a respectable life? Does he stay where he's at until retirement? Another violent outburst? Who knows?
>>
>>85399600
>loosely based on Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground

the loosest reach
>>
>>85399589
senpai /pol/ just bought and APC to screw with antifa rioters with
>>
>>85399639
Paul Schrader himself said it was an influence. The connections are obvious. Travis Bickle is the underground man. It even has the famous "hooker with a heart of gold" pseudo-redemption story Dostoevsky is famous for.
>>
Do you think Scorsese regrets getting Reagan elected?
>>
>>85399738
Underground man would never try to realise his fantasies, that's why he's so pathetically funny. The whole episode with that officer he tried to bump into is what would happen. Travis is an antihero, UM is a worm, a pest.
>>
File: johnny-sins.jpg (91KB, 386x520px) Image search: [Google]
johnny-sins.jpg
91KB, 386x520px
>>85399650
>being such a shitskin pussy that you only have the guts to scream "praise kek" from the inside of an armoured vehicle
>>
>>85399870
Yes, you're right that is the chief difference. Underground man is the archetypal superfluous man. Travis actually takes action at the end.
>>
>>85395832
>>85398527
KUNDUN!
I liked it!
>>
>>85399920
>HAHA STOOPID POLLERS DONT DO A THING THEY JUST SIT BEHIND A COMPOOTER
>HAHA STOOPID POLLERS ARE GOING TO FAR ITS NOT FARE THAT THEY GET THE BIG TRUCK
Just ignore all of the times where the kekistani faggots beat the shit out of antifa in the streets of some of the most liberal cities in the country.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.