[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Tamatoa_in_Moana.jpg (81KB, 1024x426px) Image search: [Google]
Tamatoa_in_Moana.jpg
81KB, 1024x426px
Was he right?
>>
no because he made it seem like someone couldn't be shiny inside and out
>>
>something something SHINY
I don't know what the point of scene was.
>>
>>85378103
The part where the music stopped and the crab looked directly at the screen to say "This character is intended to represent the Jews and their mastery of usury, through which the have gained considerable wealth and control over the media, acting as shadow puppets behind the scenes weaving their schemes and trickery into every possible outlet, including this film" then the scene carried on as a normal, was a bit odd. I don't know if it was 'right' or not, but it was defintely odd. Enjoyable flick though.
>>
>>85378103
He was a big crab
>>
>>85378103
You're welcome
>>
>>85378261
Scene diversity, something to look at that isn't them on a boat for the millionth time, gives Maoi backstory, gives him his fish-hook to move the plot forward, while also showcasing he can't effectively use it which will create tension later in the finale.

I honestly don't know why so many people have such a problem with this scene.
>>
>>85378590
for you
>>
File: 848[1].png (167KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
848[1].png
167KB, 659x525px
>ultimate revelation of the movie is that the yearning Moana feels when thinks of sailing across the ocean isn't something outside calling to her, it is her own desire in the inside pulling her to what she is truly meant for
>she fails her mission when it is assigned to her as a Hero of Destiny, and only succeeds when she rejects the stone and then retakes it of her own volition
>basically, the whole theme of her character is that it is what is inside that matters, not outside
>the crab represents the opposite of this, someone who has essentially risen to godhood through self-decoration but is horrible on the inside

>then there is Maui
>he is entirely driven by what people think of him
>gets tattoos to show off every time he does anything impressive
>his big moral lesson is that he doesn't need his hook to still be the hero
>then he gets his hook back at the end anyway
>and he still gets a tattoo to show off he and Moana's victory
>so his lesson is... it is okay to do everything to make people love you, but you have to do it without a crutch? except not really, you can use a crutch, but you have to be okay with sacrificing it maybe? but you can still revel in the glory of outward social pride afterward?
>which doesn't stand in contrast to the crab at all

This movie was a mess.
>>
>>85379171
The point is that he came back to save Moana even though he had no hook.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.