[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Babylon Project was our last, best hope for peace.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: b5lt.jpg (205KB, 900x350px) Image search: [Google]
b5lt.jpg
205KB, 900x350px
It failed. But, in the year of the Shadow War it became something greater: our last best hope... for victory. The year is 2260. The place: Babylon 5.

Fuck the hacks and their butchering of GRRMs world. Talk about space kino.

Since powerful female leaders seems to be the thing this week. Here's Delenn being a bigger badass than anyone in recent years. https://youtu.be/UYloWBP79ro
>>
File: B5 films.jpg (287KB, 1258x1009px) Image search: [Google]
B5 films.jpg
287KB, 1258x1009px
>>85377301
>No new B5 content in a full decade.

Why is this legal?
>>
>>85377348
I haven't seen legend of the Rangers or lost tales any good?

Generally I found the movies to be a little slow, but I'm doing another watch thorough since go90 has all the episodes in better quality than I do. So I want to watch it all in chronological order.
>>
>>85377471
Rangers is a bit controversial because it was meant to launch a new series that was never developed, so it feels like a bit of a dead end. It also has some made-for-TV early-2000's computer effects that seem a bit frantic now. The story itself is alright; it's almost like a mystery plot where the characters have to discover something important in time to avert disaster.

Lost Tales was actually two separate 35-minute episodes. The first was kind of an X-Files-style "monster of the week" involving demon possession. It's well-made, but not really related to the rest of the series. The second is a potential plot development, and felt like an updated episode of B5 itself.
>>
>>85377301
Can i get a quick rundown on Babylon 5?
>>
I wish I could go and watch the series like I'd never seen it before again
Truly one of the best ever
>>
>>85378139

At its core it's a light versus dark story told as a space opera. An ancient malevolent race is returning and the humans on the Babylon 5 space station rally the other races to fight back.

It's starts more episodic and kind of slowly, but really they're just setting up the characters and relationships for later payoffs. 90+ of the series 110 episodes were written by J Michael Strasinsky so the actual serialized story is very strong and coherent.

It's a little campy in the alien costumes and definitely with the CGI, but its well worth the rough edges.

You can stream all the episodes free https://www.go90.com/shows/babylon5 but you'll have to find the pilot movie The Gathering somewhere else.
>>
>>85377301
the trailer with immigrant song was so fucking goat

one of the best made trailers i've ever seen
>>
>>85378455
Thanks anon always wanted to check out this series ever since reading jms's spiderman run
>>
>>85377348
A lot of the actors are dead, yo

More might be dead than alive at this point
>>
>>85378663
>the trailer with immigrant song was so fucking goat

You got a link? I looked around but I didn't find anything.
>>
so is crusade shit? I've got 2 eps of season 5
>>
>>85379139
Yes, Crusade sucks and you absolutely don't have to watch it
>>
>>85379139
left*
>>
>>85379139
It's a very shoehorned in spin-off continuation. Cast isn't terrible but the plot wasn't nearly as well formed and it got the old aired out of intended order treatment.

I like Gary Cole though...
>>
File: 1499817932133.png (140KB, 330x236px) Image search: [Google]
1499817932133.png
140KB, 330x236px
>follow sheridan on twitter
>pro trump but doesnt post about politics much
>follow delenn
>doesn't shut up about trump
>>
File: Vorlon.jpg (24KB, 303x467px) Image search: [Google]
Vorlon.jpg
24KB, 303x467px
>>85378139

Easily the best scifi show of 90's.

>>85378455
>At its core it's a light versus dark story told as a space opera. An ancient malevolent race is returning and the humans on the Babylon 5 space station rally the other races to fight back.

Nope. It is more about order vs chaos than light and dark. Some things simply aren't how those originally appear and everything is in shades of grey.
>>
File: 1500803053134[1].jpg (55KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1500803053134[1].jpg
55KB, 1024x576px
>Captain... what you're asking, I mean, I can do it, but... it's WEIRD.
>Zack, the fucking pak'ma'ra are weird. The Centauri and their six cocks - now that's fuckin' WEIRD. But for two men, who trust each other, to take that little extra step, you know, and give each other pleasure... that's NATURAL. If that's 'weird,' then LIFE is 'weird.'
>Yeah... yeah, I guess. I mean, I'm up for it. Don't get me wrong... I've just, you know, never done it before.
>*chuckles* Well I've done it LOTS. I'll show you everything you need to know to have a GREAT time.

What did JMS mean by this, /tv/?
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 224x225px
Tfw no qt Menbari gf to present me with a fleet of warships.

>>85379595
That a fair interpretation but as far as sorry tropes/archetypes go they both look the same.

Goodnight Babylonians.
>>
Stay away of the legend od the rangers.
>>
>>85377301
>Butchering of GRRMs world
His world is disgusting filth, there is nothing to be butchered.
>>
>>85377471
legend of the rangers is atrociously bad

some retard at WB lost all the digital effects models, and for budgetry reasons they recycled material from a cancelled VIDEO GAME

and the rest of the story just gets worse from there
>>
>>85379694
This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw or be destroyed!

Earth Force Officer: Negative! We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.

Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.