[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Married With... Children

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: vlcsnap-2013-09-01-01h06m46s228.png (299KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-09-01-01h06m46s228.png
299KB, 512x384px
Does /tv/ like the show? Thoughts on a new season?
>>
File: HNle6bT.gif (668KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNle6bT.gif
668KB, 320x240px
>>85372405
It's been far too long for them to have another season. They've all aged too much and it wouldn't have the same flow as the original. Plus there's the fact that you'd never get away with half the stuff they pulled on that show; like half of the episodes involve making fun of feminists. And it'd be inevitable that they only bring up Al's "MRA" group just to make them look like complete losers, instead of having the entertainment value the original had. But enough about SJWs and the fact that 90's Jews were better than 2010 Jews.Entertainment in general seems to have changed since then too. 'Funny' instead of being a joke or watching what happens to someone is just sort of randomness; irritation is probably the best word to describe it. I just don't think it would fit in with modern TV if they were somehow able to recreate episodes of the exact same quality. Modern Family seems to be its successor, and contrasting the two really helps pinpoint cultural changes.

Also /r/ing some sexy kelly pics
>>
File: christina applegate.jpg (95KB, 723x900px) Image search: [Google]
christina applegate.jpg
95KB, 723x900px
I really, really, really, really hope they don't do a reboot.

Its hard enough for me to wrap my head around the upcoming Roseanne season. We don't need more MWC, they rerun this shit constantly and Kelly isn't even hot anymore.
>>
File: 1305819579936.jpg (43KB, 508x421px) Image search: [Google]
1305819579936.jpg
43KB, 508x421px
>>85372405
This show would not go over well these days. I used to beg my folks to stay up and watch new episodes back in the long long ago. It's like "Father knows best" or The Brady Bunch. Most of the material would go over the audiences head now,not because its too intellectual but because the culture is SOOOOO different.
>>
>>85372730
oldfag here hit the nail on the head.

Same thing with comedic movies as well they usually just dont exist or are the most lazy uninspired random shite
>>
>>85372730
>Modern Family seems to be its successor

No, fuck that. MF is just a shitty clone of The Office and thankfully one of the last of it's breed. MWC is solid gold compared to that turd.
>>
File: kellyb.gif (693KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
kellyb.gif
693KB, 500x348px
>>
File: kellyallante.jpg (55KB, 425x508px) Image search: [Google]
kellyallante.jpg
55KB, 425x508px
Most people still don't understand that MWC was written when humor had context and its ok for the women writers of which there were several to make fat chick jokes. Marcy literally produced the show. People think it was just FOX being dirty and making a "guy show". The show was made when humor had context. The jokes about women would never fly today.

And it was ok to laugh at Al and his No Maam because the audience usually laughed AT Al throughout the show, and it was understood that he was a dope but still just trying for his wife and kids to put food on the table. Deep down they all loved each other and it was ok to be crude and make toilet jokes and have Al yell at Peg, Kelly be a slut, Bud be a wimp, and Peg would often have the last laugh. It wasn't mean to any of the characters, it wasn't pro women or anti men, because in a weird way, they were all likeable and they were all charmingly dysfunctional. You felt bad when Bud got his ass kicked or Kelly didn't get the job.

The show has more in common with a cartoon than a traditional family sitcom, and even made Roseanne look formulaic at times (not knocking Roseanne at all btw, in a more traditional sense it is one of the greatest family sitcoms ever)
>>
It's my favorite show of all time and I'd kill for that sequel series they were developing before hitting some sort of roadblock.
>>
>>85374802
>The show has more in common with a cartoon than a traditional family sitcom,
Everything you described sounds like All In The Family.
>>
>>85372405
wtf they replaced Al with a mexican in the new season?
>>
>>85375220
Yeah, in a sense All in The Family came first and obviously influenced everything after it.

Thankfully there's no episode about Peg getting raped or Peg dying...
>>
>>85375770
>>85375220
Now I want a spinoff where Al runs a bar
>>
>>85374159
Jeb really turned his life around after the primaries. Hope he runs again once he's done collecting fat chicks for purging.
>>
>>
>>85372405
First seasons were great. Then the creators ragequitted and the lesbian who plays the neighbor went on to write the new episodes, so it became a proto-SJW show decades before SJW were even a thing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.