[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never listened to classic Opie and Anthony. What made them so great?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: opie-anthony-jim.jpg (102KB, 560x483px) Image search: [Google]
opie-anthony-jim.jpg
102KB, 560x483px
I never listened to classic Opie and Anthony. What made them so great?
>>
They were redpilled.
>>
>>85365861

>Pre political correctness so they could literally whatever they wanted.
>Great comedians before they became famous that were just angry at the world. Louis CK would just literally drop his kids off at school then stop in studio to take his mind off the fact that his wife was robbing him in a divorce.
>Anthony was on of the funniest people ever, but too ugly to do anything other than radio.
>Once you start getting into the show there are so many branching story-lines.

I'd say about 2006-2011 were their prime. There was some good shit before and after that though. Also Opie sucks, and is the embodiment of the corny radio douche, so be warned, you have to learn to ignore him to really enjoy the show.
>>
>>85365861
they're pretty horrible actually.

https://youtu.be/A0_vWOMRG0o
>>
>>85366341
So, I heard they had sort of a feud with Howard Stern? What's the deal?
>>
>>85366574
Just more of Opie's faggotry. Opie wishes he was Howard, so he has to spend every possible moment whining about him. Nobody else on the show has any problem with him. Both Anthony and Jim Norton have affiliated with Howard Stern staff, and rumor is Anthony and Artie Lange (Howard's former co-host) are going to start doing a show together.
>>
File: artie lange.jpg (77KB, 634x850px) Image search: [Google]
artie lange.jpg
77KB, 634x850px
>>85366719
>Anthony and Artie Lange (Howard's former co-host) are going to start doing a show together.
Now that's something I would watch. I hope they can keep Artie off the drugs. He's kind of pathetic these days.
>>
>>85365861
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1MVLratl5c

Shit like this. The show was the meeting place for edgy dark comedy. A collection of degenerates making mean jokes on whatever topic came in that day.
You can still get glimpses of it whenever Jim and Anthony do a show together. Unfortunately Jim by himself has mellowed out and Anthony by himself is a ranting old man waving his fist at politics.
>>
Lifting most of the regulars from Tough Crowd because of Yimmy, and Anthony being able to hang with them.
>>
File: sam roberts.jpg (209KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sam roberts.jpg
209KB, 1200x1200px
>>85366953
At least we have Sam Roberts.
>>
File: maxresdefault98.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault98.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>85367046
I can never hate same because he brought us this kino.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.