[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Trek Discovery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: ohhix78xlg1jeg4hrpjc.jpg (130KB, 800x1059px) Image search: [Google]
ohhix78xlg1jeg4hrpjc.jpg
130KB, 800x1059px
Star Trek Discovery (STD/DIS) trailer is out and it looks awful.

https://youtu.be/hC7IMj7WFyE
>>
No one?
>>
>>85354433
We tore it apart yesterday.
>>
>I'd Love to Change the World remix starts playing
>>
>>85354783
Well, shit. I missed all the fun.
>>
>>85354077
What happened to CBS?
>>
>>85354077
STOP BLOWING HOLES IN MY SHIP
>>
>>85354077
so do junior crew get stuck on the inner ring or something, cuz those windows have a shit view
>>
File: 1371135706578.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1371135706578.gif
2MB, 360x202px
I just want the main timeline back. STOP RUINING STAR TREK AND STARGATE PLEASE
>>
>two female leads
wonder how that will go over with star trek fans, seemed like star wars could pull it off because a more mainstream audience
>>
>>85355387
This is not really Star Trek. It is a space action series with Star Trek slapped over it. Will still pick up a lot of viewers due to it being action orientated and marketing will push it as the big new Diverse woman empowering series.
>>
>>85355387
As a diehard fan I am much more upset about the Klingons and how much action there was.

The Klingons might be knee-jerk though, it really reminds me of what they did to the Kilrathi in the Wing Commander movie, making them stupidly grimdark. Actually that's another point that really shatters my shitter, it looks like a Michael Bay action flick, not a drama/intellectual TV show.
>>
I still hate that they're going with the JJ Abrams redesigns for the Klingons. He would never have done something like that with a Star Wars species like the Wookies or something but he'll do it with one of the most important alien races from Star Trek because he's never given a shit about the franchise.
>>
>>85355577
>pick up a lot of viewers
Planning to subscribe to cbs.com?
>>
>>85354077
I'm going to give it a chance. It says so much that CBS refuses to give it airtime though.
>>
>>85355387
/pol/ posters aren't Star Trek fans.

Michelle Yeoh leaves in the first episode. For the rest of the series, the captain of the Discovery is straight white male Jason Isaacs.

>>85355706
Netflix
>>
>>85356458
furriner
>>
>>85356458
>/pol/acks aren't star trek fans
U wut, nigger? Have you ever listened to the daily shoah? They sperg out on star trek at least once a month.
>>
>>85354077
Why isn't Jason Isaacs the main focus?
>>
>>85355706
It's on cable and netflix where I am, idk what sort of third-world shithole you live in.
>>
>>85358782
America
>>
>>85356458
>For the rest of the series, the captain of the Discovery is kike Jason Isaacs.
fixed
>>
File: Klingons.jpg (1MB, 1712x2064px) Image search: [Google]
Klingons.jpg
1MB, 1712x2064px
>>85355621
>this meme again
They don't look anything like the JJ Klingons. JJ Klingons have subdued ridges compared to TNG/DS9 whereas these have more pronounced ridges and faces that also look more contorted. Feel free to still hate it but stop calling it what it's not.
>>
>>85358698
Budget reasons most likely. He's still a screen actor first and foremost. That and it's still starting out. Riker was supposed to be the focus for TNG but it ended up being more Picard/ensemble by the end.
>>
File: truk.jpg (104KB, 877x873px) Image search: [Google]
truk.jpg
104KB, 877x873px
>>85354077
Looks fun. The first trailer was garbage so people were understandably upset but I've been waiting for a Klingon first contact/Romulan war Trek arc for a while now. Anyone saying this is too action-oriented is forgetting how much praise Prelude to Axanar got by being exactly about war and conflict.

People also seem to forget that Trek has been a mediocre sci-fi series for at least the past 20 years. Voyager was mediocre throughout, Enterprise was damn near garbage until the later seasons. The only thing they had was comfy factor and this seems less comfortable so people are naturally shitting all over it. I just like that Walking Dead chick is playing the hotheaded rookie XO to Yeoh's and Isaacs' seasoned captains. I think they'll have interesting dynamics. I kind of hope they fuck but that might be too much to ask for.

I'm torrenting it either way so whatever.
>>
File: Klingon Houses.png (2MB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
Klingon Houses.png
2MB, 1920x960px
>>85354077
Because Trek totally doesn't have a terrible history when it comes to trailers... oh.

>>85359998
>Klingons

Looks that we will be seeing some more classically styled Klingon costumes too, just look at the rightmost of three holograms in the back of this image.
>>
>>85354077
I hate everything about this
>>
I'm taking an optimistic view. Whether we like it or not, we're stuck with STD. We have it, and now we just have to press forward. Let's just hope it doesn't ruin our lives too badly.
>>
>>85364026
Can't wait for it to be canceled just as it starts to get good.

Though I think international netflix numbers might just sustain it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.