[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oats studio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
So neill blomkamp is releasing a bunch short short films through his website https://oatsstudios.com/
Are there any good ones so far?
>>
>>85353437
All of them.
>>
>>85353437
I liked the Vietnam one the most.
>>
>>85353437
Its all Kino
>>
Zygote was pretty fucking spooky.
>>
>>85353437

They're all decent.

They're definitely more like proof of concepts for feature films, and on that level I don't really think they'd actually be that good as feature films.

Rakka is too generic. Zygote seems to simple (but it was probably the best short). Firebase has the most potential, and they didn't really flesh anything out in the short.

I wish it was just a series of ongoing shorts - some unrelated, some serialized, like Heavy Metal Magazine but in cinematic form. That would be great. I've always wanted something like that.

Also the download packs need more stuff. Like a lot more raw footage, audio files, etc. So you can really play around with it.
>>
>>85353437
imo the newest one (cronenberg-monster) is the funnest so far, but yea they are all worth checking out.
>>
>>85353967
>Firebase
>they didn't really flesh
Kek nice one
>>
>>85353603
Same with me even if it's also the one I had the most problems with.
I felt as if they shouldn't have explained where the river god came from, leave it a mystery.
Also not a big fan of the stoic action hero guy they send after him.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKWB-MVJ4sQ
>you will never be stuck with Dakota in a mining facility

Why even live?
>>
>>85353437
This man could have saved the Alien franchise from mediocrity. It could have happened.
>>
>>85353967
How are the 3D models?
They give out one for the roach zombies in firebase?
>>
>>85353437
They are all good. Firebase is the best one so far.
>>
Zygote is the best thing he has done.
but
imagine: instead of the 6 minute exposition dump at the start, he introduces the interesting plot points at intervals throughout the story.
like cameron would do.
because cameron is not a videogame-writing-tier hack
>>
>>85354889
worst fanning
>>
>>85353437
If you like cheap, shitty movies of the sci-fi channel variety, def check these out
>>
>>85353437
When's the next short?
>>
>>85353437
he went full retard with Chappie and is now regretting it awfully, despite saying the opposite.
His last name doesn't end with -stein -berg - shekel -traub, so he only had to fuck up once and he actually did, the absolute madman. Killed his career forever.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.