[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the horror genre has always low scores?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 2776249-horror_68263.jpg (54KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
2776249-horror_68263.jpg
54KB, 600x300px
Everyone watches it, mostly of them love it or at least they get some sort of entertainment out of it. Some of them are not well written ofc but lets be real, the point of this movies is the feeling, the sensations, if they can achieve that, why do they constantly fail?
>>
Cause they just don't have your steel balls OP
>>
Because no one understands horror really and that's sad.
Last director who made two horror masterpieces was Carpenter and before him, Polanski...
>>
They always were rated low at begining, just growing into cult/icon status over time.

Horrors come from B-studio category movies. They were usually shot with leftovers from main films. Time has changed, but by their nature they get low ratings upon releases... usually.
>>
>>85347362
If people get scared, they don't like the movie because it's scary.

If it doesn't scare people then what's the point of watching it?

The genre is a catch 22.
>>
Because they are barely horror movies.

Any movie these days is a horror novie that features a creepy girl or monster.
>>
>>85347362
>the point of this movies is the feeling, the sensations,

I can get scared from wandering around the rough area of town at night and getting mugged and beat up. Doesn't mean it's a genuinely artistic experience. Horror movies should strive for more than just being spooky.
>>
If it's suspenseful it's boring, if it has jump scares it's cheap. If it's gory it's not true horror but if it's rated pg13 it's a kid's movie.

The mainstream are plebs. Look at the abundance of interest over the new It movie, everyone was crowing over the original and how the scary clown ruined their childhood.
I would bet money 3/4 of people never saw the full thing, only youtube clips.
>>
All lot of so called 'horror' movies are dumb christian propaganda.
How the church will win in the end, or how a stupid toy like an ouija board brings forth some devil.

Satanic movies however like Ratatouille and Dark City are amazing.
>>
>>85347625
>They were usually shot with leftovers from main films.

???
>>
>>85347362
>this movies
Public school has failed America.
>>
>>85348177
you know, when you got a plenty of unused takes and cut scenes from real movies and the studio decides to make a horror movie from them
>>
That's always the picture that would pop up with the screamers, but is that exact shot even in the movie? Or is it Photoshop?
>>
>>85348278
Can you give a single example of this?
>>
can anyone recommend some artsy high brow horror?
>>
>>85348111
>Ratatouille
this was satanic? the cartoon with the rat?
>>
>>85348280
It looks like the close-up of Regan after the second head spin but I think it could be more of a production photo of the Regan mannequin.
>>
The Shining is objectively the greatest horror film right?
>>
>>85348547
not same guy, but probably meant that leftover actors, directors and materials from movies. sometimes borrowing whole sets and altering them a bit. Actors who were dropped from main movies often take part in these, also directors that noone wanted to give big budget movies are usually hired to make these.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.