[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking Arrival

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: arrival.jpg (56KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
arrival.jpg
56KB, 960x540px
>MFW Forest Whitaker wants her to translate alien b/c she speaks Farsi
>MFW a professional linguist starts communicating with aliens with human gestures and ambiguous context clues
>MFW they gloss over how they established a vocabulary with words like "life" and "weapon" with a montage of a guy walking and the word "walk" written behind him
>MFW they resolved the biggest challenge of the movie with "hm well they figured it out I guess"
>MFW the most interesting part of the aliens was straight from Slaughterhouse Five
>MFW Jeremy Renner's character might as well not been in the movie
>MFW universal critical acclaim
>MFW Oscar nomination

Did anyone else think this movie was dumb as fuck?
>>
shut the fuck up faggot
it was good
>>
>>85343803
low iq detected
>>85343749
underage detected
>>
For once, black science man is completely right. The two people chosen for this mission would have been a cryptographer and a xenobiologist
>>
>>85343884
Noticing plot holes is underageb& now?
>>
i enjoyed it but i can agree with your nitpicks

also
>rebel marines put a tiny brick of C4 in a huge ship to try and blow it up
>>
>>85343803
You don't have to tell me you liked it. I already assumed you were a dumbfuck from your first sentence.
>>
>>85343749

I just don't get the main conception of the movie. "With certain language you can see the future." I don't get it. You clearly cannot, so it's hard for me to be immersed.
>>
>>85343749

I think you're dumb as fuck.

And also, Einstein, every time you shit on a movie it only gets more popular. It's reverse psychology.

It's best to ignore something you really hate instead of showing that you hate. It's a sign of failure.
>>
>>85344468
I never said I liked it, I just said it was good
>>
It was just slaughterhouse 5 for dummies and without any social commentary.

You can't have a movie about the dresden bombings, because it isn't aligned with our current social climate. Germans were unilaterally evil, there is nothing to discuss about them.
>>
>>85343749
>learn Chinese
>learn Chinese to stop world war
>learn Chinese in the future to stop world war

STOP SAYING CHINESE LIKE ITS A GODDAMN MAGIC WORD ITS JUST

I hate this speaking Chinese makes you smart meme
>>
>>85344525
Of course you can't, but it's a bit of fun which works as a sort of chat about how languages give you the ability to think differently and also a sort of pointing up what our limitations are and how they effect us. The character at the end is only semi-human. That metaphor is the good bit of the movie, the bad bits are everything with plot in it.
>>
>>85343749
While an interesting premise, the whole execution of it was god fucking awful. This kinda pseudo intellectualism is ruining movies. The whole "see in to the future cuz language" is fucking retarded. There was so much potential for it but they really shit the bed on this one.
>>
>>85344549
Yeah none of that makes any sense. The movie came out 8 months ago and made $200 million and I'm posting about it on /tv/. Not really worried about it blowing up. And criticism is a sign of failure? Care to back that up?
>>
File: patrick.png (80KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
patrick.png
80KB, 250x250px
>>85344576
>>
Abortion is bad m'kay:the movie

The director is a right wing redpilled /ourguy/. He would vote for Trump 5 times.
>>
Amy Adams single handidly ruined this she's a wall of wood. Holy fuck Amyfags must be retarded.
>>
>>85345950
I wish all around the planet all americans just suddenly dropped dead. Then we wouldn't have to deal with faggots like you.
>>
>>85346086
Yeah I don't understand why people like her, she's not that pretty and I don't like her acting
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.