[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the superhero bubble ever burst?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Bubble.jpg (228KB, 1600x1497px) Image search: [Google]
Bubble.jpg
228KB, 1600x1497px
Will the superhero bubble ever burst?
>>
Nope
>>
>>
No. See: the American comic book industry
>>
Yes.

Eventually the audience will tire out of "WE HAVE TO TEAM UP TO SAVE EVERYTHING FROM EVIL!"

They're already having to amp up the dosage because single-character capeshit movies are harder to sell now. The audience expects more disaster and more characters. And fighting to save cities from getting destroyed is an outright boring cliche at this point.

And sooner or later it'll pop because of it.

Just look at LOTR: ROTK. Big spectacular battle. Then look at Hobbit: BOFA. Another big battle. So what? even if BOFA was good it just would have not done a well as ROTK because at that point it was "been there and done that already." And it probably killed the fantasy genre as a billion-dollar money-maker.
>>
I hope not.

Never have I seen this place so filled to brim of shitposting and baiting, and I fucking love it. .
>>
>>85343128
It's bursting right now, the high point of capeshit was Captain America 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>85343321
>The audience expects more disaster and more characters

And yet somehow Deadpool and Logan made bank by offering less of that.
>>
>>85343355
>the high point of capekino will be Justice League

Fix'd for the mousefriend here. We haven't even peaked yet.
>>
>>85343128

Yes of course it will. If you're asking WHEN, the answer is "who fucking knows?"
>>
>>85343321
I don't even have confidence in that. When they get tired of the childish team-up movies we'll just end up with insipid Deadpool comedies or faux-mature shit like Logan.
>>
>>85343128
Did you know that kids are not even watching capeshit anymore?

It relies mostly on menchildren
>>
Avatar 2 will reach revenue levels that shouldn't even be possible, Capeshit will be done for good.
>>
>>85343534
well because deadpool is reddit the movie with reddit humor and jokes, and logan muh logan die.
>>
>>85343721
Avatar 2 will reach revenue levels that shouldn't even be possible

Not really. The audience only has so much patience, and constantly delaying Avatar to keep it out of capeshit and SW's way while coincidentally making an Avatar addition to the Disney theme park is only trying people's patience.

And when will Cameron release it? Christmas belongs to SW now. Disney made that clear. And summer belongs to capeshit now; another point Disney has made clear.

It'll basically be treated as a calendar filler that stays out of Disney's way, and won't do as well because of it.
>>
>>85343980

If you want to doubt the Cameron you can go straight back to R*ddit.
>>
>>85343128

I don't get the obsession. I'm not even trying to sound smart, but the movies are just fucking boring. They can't even be enjoyed for the action because it's hardly action at all, just a bunch of CGI effects.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.