[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien: Covenant 2 in Trouble as Fox Rethinks Franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: walter and daniels.jpg (104KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
walter and daniels.jpg
104KB, 720x418px
"Sources say Fox will have to reassess two intended sequels Scott has pitched while he is off helming Getty kidnapping movie All the Money in the World and then drug lord drama The Cartel."

>http://movieweb.com/alien-covenant-2-may-not-happen-fox-reassess-franchise/

Will this finally mean we will get a sequel with Sigourney Weaver in it? Maybe even Blomkamp's Alien film? A sequel to Resurrection perhaps?
>>
I don't want any more fucking Alien films.
>>
/thread
>>
>hood literally comes up when asked about David
>>
Blomkamps idea was fucking retarded.
>>
>>85330682

No it wasn't, it was fucking awesome dude!
>>
What was the fucking deal with these stupid mushrooms on the Engineerplanet?
>>
>>85330548

What a surprise, Covenant didn't make any money = time for a reboot

Prometheus and Covenant will be remembered as 'those shit Alien movies we won't talk about, totally non-canon'
>>
>>85330849

Fassbender singlehandedly makes these movies watchable.
>>
>something we created ended up creating something to destroy us

what did I mean by this?
>>
>>85330906

>Fassbender singlehandedly makes these movies watchable.

No, but he did put in a good performance, no shadow shall fall on him
>>
They should have made a direct sequal to Prometheus instead of going off on a tangent.
>>
>>85330548
Ridly needs to pony up and put some of his own money on the line if he wants these sequels to happen

They could have been so sick
>>
What a fucking waste of time
>>
Thank <insert favourite deity here> that this shit bombed so hard, this means we won't have to see Scott's syphilis-damaged brain drag this franchise further down.

Also we dodged to obvious Alien <-> Bladerunner crossover he would end up making.
>>
Well fuck, I want to know where he was going with these new movies
>>
>>85330548
I don't understand how Ridley could talk so big about making a gazillion sequels when Covenant had such disappointing numbers on top of the movie sucking donkey dick.

Sigourney may come back, Blomkamp probably is as dead as Ridley with his Chappie crap.

>>85330603
At this point I feel the same, the creature itself has been ruined beyond repair. I'd have more David though.

>>85330682
I only remember him wanting to make an Aliens sequel because he was mighty butthurt about Alien 3 and Resurrection, like a lot of other people apparently.

>>85330706
Pest control.

>>85330906
You have symphonies in you brother.

>>85330933
Woman inherits the earth.
>>
File: ubiera sie i wychodzi bez slowa.jpg (21KB, 495x662px) Image search: [Google]
ubiera sie i wychodzi bez slowa.jpg
21KB, 495x662px
>wake up
>feel cum all over your ass
>turn around on bed
>see him putting his pants on and leaving
what you do
>>
>>85330984
>They should have made a direct sequal to Prometheus instead of going off on a tangent.

This. Alien: Covenant was terrible.
>>
>>85331258
>Blomkamp probably is as dead
No his not?
>>
where shall i start with the alien franchise? prometheus?
>>
>>85331265
kill self
>>
>>85331431
What's wrong with starting with the orignal which also happens to be the best movie in the franchise?
>>
but Ridley said Alien is going to be as big as Star Wars :)
>>
>>85331596
Alien needs a jar jar.
>>
>>85331258
>it's a retard replies to everyone episode
>>
>>85330548
Blomkamp should have had the reigns from the get-go. Scott fucked up up with his senile brain and bad editors.
>>
Alien, Alien 3 and Prometheus are the best because they're all about woefully under prepared people encountering aliens, they just need to do that again, cut the prequel story stuff, just put an alien in a confined environment with a bunch of well-written and acted characters.
>>
>>85331431
Release order: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, (Predator if you haven't seen it), AvP, Prometheus.

Don't watch AvP: Requiem.
>>
>>85330548
Sigourney Weaver is like 80 years old now and is so wrinkly she looks like a xenomorph herself.
>>
Put alien out of its misery and into a deep, deep grave where it belongs. I watched Prometheus a few days ago and it was even worse than Prometheus. If Ridley wants to make a film with Fass so bad, just do it and quit shoehorning in all of this shallow sci-fi.

Then I looked up the film afterwards and there's a quote about him wanting to do SIX (6) total Prometheus films. Ridley's completely lost his mind.
>>
>>85331534
Generation Z are subhumans and need to be holocausted. They are literally born fucked in the head. For them 1+1=5
>>
>>85330906
>>85330963
Michael Fassbender is the best actor to've never been in a good movie. He really deserves more.
>>
File: 168.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
168.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>>85333110
>I watched Prometheus a few days ago and it was even worse than Prometheus
>>
>>85331081
*tips fedora*
>>
>>85331265
>ubiera sie i wychodzi bez(...).jpg

wykurwiaj cwelu
>>
>>85333110
He has been ready for pants shitting, demented and senile Alzheimer retirement home for 10+ years.
I hope he eats shit and dies soon. Seriously, the wrong brother died back then. At least Tony Scott made consistently good movies.
>>
>>85330849
At least they make Alien 3 look like a shittyless sequel.
>>
>>85333163
I didn't even realize. Everyone I know calls them both Prometheus without distinguishing them because they're a singular object of revulsion more than two separate films.
>>
>>85333209
twoja mama :) :) :P
>>
File: 1500507062166.jpg (28KB, 512x409px) Image search: [Google]
1500507062166.jpg
28KB, 512x409px
>>85333110
>>
>>85330548
Daniels looks like that kid from Dunkirk.
>>
>>85333250
nigger please alien 3 is pure pleb filter kino fuck outta here promo and covenant suck major dick
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13511654

Prometheus/Covenant
>Engineers created humans created androids created Xenos because they're all evil

Alien vs. Predator
>Xenos are some unknown alien species and Predators captured a queen once and use it to train soldiers with human sacrifices
>>
File: 1489122845964.jpg (21KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1489122845964.jpg
21KB, 326x326px
>>85333110
>>
>>85333810
not even him
kys literal retard
>>
>>85333229
and i also hope james cameron dies with him so there wont be stupid avatar 2 and aliens 5.
>>
File: 1448864632977.jpg (7KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
1448864632977.jpg
7KB, 219x230px
>Wagner featured prominently in the film
>Genocidal themes (David nuking the Engineers) depicting an act of destruction as creation
>Eugenics

I wonder why they're trying to stop him from making more?
>>
>>85333140
Fish Tank, Hunger and Macbeth are good.
>>
>>85334400
David fucked up, he wanted new xenos but it ended up killing all the hosts
>>
>>85334381
There same thing will happen to his movies when Avatar 2 does a Valerian.
>>
>>85331115

You know I really liked Alien Covenant but HATED Prometheus. Honestly, I think we need a whole new filmmaker to make this series interesting again. Ridley just isn't /our/ guy for this franchise anymore.
>>
That senile fuck Ridley should be in a retirement home already
>>
I enjoyed covenant more than Prometheus.They just need a good scifi writer with an idea of an ending so they quit going on odd tangents.
>>
>>85330548
I really liked the promise of Prometheus and the new direction it seemed to be taking the series in. It was such a refreshing change from the "people getting chased by xenomorphs" formula. Butt Scott fucked it up and now the franchise will go back to doing endless reiterations of the first two movies.
>>
>>85330548
>Alien: Covenant 2 in Trouble as Fox Rethinks Franchise
As they should.
>>
>>85336151
This. Alien community is so fucking toxic.
>>
>>85336151
>Will this finally mean we will get a sequel with Sigourney Weaver in it? Maybe even Blomkamp's Alien film? A sequel to Resurrection perhaps?

This, FOX needs to finish Weaver (Ripley 8's) story first before moving on to other things. They left us hanging with Resurrection. Both the series and Weaver deserve a better outing.
>>
>>85336213
No one actually wants to see Weaver return to the series. Why is she so tied to the franchise? What purpose does her character serve at this point? There was zero reason to keep her around after the second movie. The prequel series may be an unfortunate misfire overall, but at least David fills a role in the story that justifies his being brought back for subsequent movies.
>>
>>85336213
who with a brain gives a FUCK about Ripley 8 really?

Ripley's fucking dead, alien ended right there and then.
>>
>>85330548

Hope not.

Make some new good characters and stories.

Ripley is done to death. And Blomkamp is better for something else.

But I hope Scott makes one more to finish this story with Engineers. Why do we need two more? Just one to make it done and then something else.

Or just live Xeno alone... Fox rethinking means PG-13 and some stupid shit anyway.
>>
Please God. Blomkamps or someone else. Just stop RIdley Scott. Let him do something else. He's not the director he once was.
>>
>>85331258
>At this point I feel the same, the creature itself has been ruined beyond repair. I'd have more David though.

This.
>>
>>85336151
>>85336212
I think the problem is the fans are so divided over Alien and Aliens, people who like the Alien style liked Prometheus and people who preferred bug hunts liked Covenant. I don't know what happened but they should have just have stuck with one or the other, the sequels being all over the place like that is why they aren't considered classics.

>>85336447
By the time of Ressurrection they'd already skipped a retarded amount of time, that continuity should be completely ignored. Even Aliens took a fucking liberty skipping 57 years.
>>
File: 1499032604206.jpg (117KB, 777x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499032604206.jpg
117KB, 777x900px
>>85330548
Good, fuck Ridley
>>
>>85330603
This
>>
>>85335986
>I liked the most recent outing
>we need a new filmmaker because the one he made before that 5 years ago was bad

ridley, is that you?
>>
I completely forgot that Alien Covenant actually got released lmao
all I remembered was the wheat farming ayy lmao memes
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.