[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why were people in the 1970s such precious babies? good film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 7224898fc72b4bb1e77f14f39562e237.jpg (557KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
7224898fc72b4bb1e77f14f39562e237.jpg
557KB, 768x1024px
why were people in the 1970s such precious babies? good film but to be offended by its violence is a massive overreaction
>>
Society hadn't normalized being overrun by violent thugs and terrorism yet.
>>
>>85322673
They weren't raised on the internet where everyone watches five rapes a day.
>>
>>85322702
do these films have much value then anymore considering that they were intended to shock audiences but now can barely raise the heartbeat?
>>
>>85322775
Does predictive value count?
>>
>>85322775
It's unique. The characters are unorthodox. I'm so tired of generic dialogue 2bh
>>
>>85322673
Literally watched it last night, pretty sick. Some of the rape scenes are brutal as fuck
>>
>>85322707
kek
>>
>>85322673
It was a realistic display of violence, therefore more relatable and not as alien to us.
>>
>in the 1970s people were offended by gratuitous violence and its harmful effects on society
>in the 2010s people are offended by not enough niggers in films

really makes you think
>>
>>85322707
uhh gonna need a source on some of those rapes
>>
>>85322673
Because society was saine at that time
>>
>>85322707
Teenagers cucks like OP would never understand growing being and innocent child and unaware of the world most horrible offerings
>>
>>85322673
They were happier than what you're youtube blogger loves tellineveryone
>>
>>85322702
Eh, violence was as much of a problem back then as it is now, I think the time we live in is arguably less violent then it used to be but it's harder to escape from it. Which, on one hand, means we can't just turn away from it anymore and have to face it but on the other hand it makes up paranoid and more cynical than perhaps we should be.

I think Clockwork Orange was one of the earlier movies to tackle these issues the way it does, to look at the cruelty and the hipocracy people are capable of and society is capable of.

It's protagonist was a genuinely irredeemable person, which was pretty unheard of back then. Alex was a drug user, a thug, a rapist, a thief and a murderer... and he arguably wasn't even the worst person in the movie!

But it also showed us the society that produced him, a society that was selfish and ignorant. Where the government doesn't respect it's people and where people don't repect each other. And it warned us where such a society would lead which makes it still such a resonant movie.

You say violence is normalized now, I'd argue that only now we're actually engaging critically with it instead of trying to ignore it or blindly accepting it as "welp, these things happen." though too many people still do.
>>
>>85322707
I've seen lots of gore but somehow never a real rape

what's up with that?
>>
File: 6ss3gn[1].jpg (74KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
6ss3gn[1].jpg
74KB, 500x372px
>>85322673
People in the 1970s weren't precious babies.
A greater number of people experienced violence and abuse in their everyday lives because there were fewer safeguards against those things back then. Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer were all roaming around back then.
A Clockwork Orange was loosely inspired by the murder of Sharon Tate by the Charles Manson family.
>>
>>85324416
Jeffrey Dahmer didn't roam around you idiot.
>>
>>85324477
wikipedia says you're wrong.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.