[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underrated or properly rated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Predator_two.jpg (30KB, 232x350px) Image search: [Google]
Predator_two.jpg
30KB, 232x350px
>>
>>85321972
Did you like it? I did. Pussyface.
>>
>>85322026
I like it a lot. I think it's about 90% as good as the original Predator, which is high praise cause that's one of my favorite action movies. And I love the imagined "hot urban jungle" near-future.
>>
>>85322063
It's a good movie. It gets a lot of undeserved hate,
>>
>>85321972
It's ok, kind of bad in a lot of ways. No where near as good as the first one.
>>
if this didnt have to follow predator therefore being named predator 2 and if it were re-edited to focus exclusively on the police and help some of the pacing, it could have more of a jaws-type reveal of the predator making it even better.

all in all, its campy, over the fucking top, glover isnt particularly good, but it has some great scenes. dont understand why it gets the hate it does.
>>
>>85322306
Yeah the worst part of the movie is Danny glovers dogshit acting.
>>
>>85321972
Underrated and overhated.
People actually think Predators is better than this.
>>
>>85321972
Properly rated. It was irrationally hated for years, then contrarians started saying it was way better than it is, so it's all evened out.

It has not aged well due to the dumb, dumb decision to say it takes place in 1997 and shoehorn in "futuristic" shit like how everyone has laser sights on their guns.

Danny Glover just did not work for whatever reason. I think it was sort of his whole Lethal Weapon "grizzled vet who is too tired for this shit" approach that made him sort of out of place for being a worthy adversary to the Predator.

The King Willie and voodoo shit was great. Thought that was a really interesting element. The fight on the ship and the backstory of the Predators was interesting. Bill Paxton was great as usual.
>>
>>85322521
>too tired for this shit
I hate your guts faggot,
>>
>>85321972
Sounded like most of the dialogue re-recorded
>>
>>85322521
This guy is right. Predator 1 and 2 are both pretty excellent, but very different flavors. Any time you get a sequel that's waaaay different than the first, most people will be unhappy with it but eventually time gives it the proper reputation it deserves.

But like the Alien franchise, beyond the first 2 there's a lot of irredeemable shit.

I remember being absolutely pumped that at the end of Predator 2 when they had a xenomorph skull mounted in their trophy room. The notion of an Alien vs Predator matchup back when there was only 2 excellent movies in both franchises seemed incredible.

But they managed to fuck up the million AVP matchup movies that they've had. I don't even know how many there are now but I know I saw 2 of the AVP movies and they both were worse than your average straight to video VHS release. A couple of the AVP games were worthy successors though.
>>
>>85322842
Avp movies are really horrible. Pg-13 is pretty much a guaranteed way to make sure your movie is awful.
>>
>>85321972
for once, underrated
>>
>>85321972
It's one of those movies where the first/second acts are crap but the final one is great. See Robocop 2.
>>
>>85321972
I've only seen it once quite a few years ago now, but enjoyed it and was shocked it seemed to get so much hate. Nothing jumped out at me like a massive problem in the movie.
>>
>>85322521
>Danny Glover just did not work for whatever reason

The reason is you being a faggot.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.