[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just came out of Dunkirk. Why are critics sucking this movie's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: DUNKIRK.jpg (246KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DUNKIRK.jpg
246KB, 1500x1500px
Just came out of Dunkirk. Why are critics sucking this movie's dick so hard? It was boring, disjointed, had no heart. I never felt scared at any moment for the soldiers.
>no characters. Understand what I'm saying. 'Character' not character development.
Kenneth branaugh was your stereotypical commander nothing more. Every time he said 'home' I slowly gave up on the movie. Characters are presented as one thing and they remain that thing till the end of the movie. No arc, no revealing trait, no surprise
>bland score. One of the worst by hans simmer. It was more background music than something ramping up tension or making you scared.
>stupid teeny bop actors. Barely disguishable. There's a reason they cast older actors to play teens. It's because teen actors are shit.
>Bane is a Garu Stu. Tom Hardy was responsible for 95% of the victories in the film.
>No sense of place and time. It's evening. Oh now it's afternoon. Is this yesterday or tomorrow? How quickly did they get from point A to B?
>PG13 War movie. Are you kidding me?
The movie checks all the boxes for oscarbait. It's clearly prepackaged to elicit as much dickriding from the academy as possible? Grainy footage, shot on film, practical fx, Nazi's, historical film, preserves film format. Bravo Nolan.
>>
The dogfights were so fucking boring

>He's on me
>I'm on him
>minutes of cutting between slow turns and peoples faces

Like, where are the loops and barrel rolls and shit?
>>
>>85318084
Bane?
>>
>>85318084
but patriotism
>>
>>85318084
I liked it. Not great, but good.
>>
>>85318084
>No character development
There was but only for a few characters.
>Barely distinguishable
That's the point.
>Tom Hardy responsible for 95% of the victories
Who else of the main cast would have been able to take down the spit fighters anon because it sure as hell wouldn't have been Mark Rylance.
>No sense of place and time
You're retarded
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.