[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frank Darabont’s Rage Boils Over: The Walking Dead Emails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: The_Walking_Dead_title_card.jpg (16KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
The_Walking_Dead_title_card.jpg
16KB, 480x272px
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/frank-darabont-walking-dead-emails-rage-boils-over-1202494598/

Holy shit, these emails are pure gold!

>I just kept Denise on the phone for 20 minutes making her listen to me scream. I hope she conveys to you what the tenor of it, because you need to grasp my fury. I have never been a screamer, but I am now. The work being done on this episode has turned me into one. Congratulations, you all accomplished what I thought was impossible. You’ve turned me into a raging asshole. Thanks a lot, you fuckers.

>Everybody, especially our directors, better wake the fuck up and pay attention. Or I will start killing people and throwing bodies out the door.

>Fuck you all for giving me chest pains because of the staggering fucking incompetence, blindness to the important beats, and the beyond-arrogant lack of regard for what is written being exhibited on set every day. I deserve better than a heart attack because people are too stupid to read a script and understand the words.

>Please let’s stop invoking the “writers room.” There IS no writers room, which you know as well as I do. I am the writers room. The lazy fucking assholes who were supposedly going to be my showrunners threw that responsibility on me after wasting five months of my time.

>If it were up to me, I’d have not only fired Chic Egles and Jack LoGuidice when they handed me the worst episode 3 script imaginable, I’d have hunted them down and fucking killed them with a brick, then gone and burned down their homes. I haven’t even spoken to those worthless talentless hack sons-of-bitches since their 3rd draft was phoned in after five months of all their big talk and promises that they’d dig deep and have my back covered.

>YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE MOTHERFUCKING SCRIPT! I EVEN CHOOSE MY GODDAMN COMMAS FOR A REASON! WHY AM I WORKING SO FUCKING HARD IF YOU’RE SHOOTING EVERYTHING SOME OTHER WAY THAT DOESN’T WORK?
>>
Frank Darabont acts like a raging madman in those emails but the rage isn't meaningless, he very clearly cared about the show and desperately wanted it to be as good as possible. It's a real shame AMC fired him.
>>
>>85306203
Post the bit about the female director reminding him of a stroke victim. It's top bants.
>>
darabont is /ourguy/

why the fuck hasn't he worked on anything lately? did this show ruin his career that much?
>>
>>85306203
Frank is 100% right and all these 5-6 years old e-mails perfectly predicted the reasons behind TWD's downfall. We're talking about a show where...

>the #1 Make-Up Artists has directed 20 (+13) episodes
>the current Show Runner is an inexperienced nobody
>there are almost more Exec Producers than actors

Are you notoriously incompetent? No biggie as long as you're Kirkman's buddy! He might be a great comic book writer, but his policies made TWD FUBAR.

>>85306923
I can't tell a concrete reason but watch his Hollywood's Best Film Directors episode from 2011. It might help you understand why he rarely worked on anything since the mid-late 90s.
>>
FTWD is good tho
>>
File: 1313708385002.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1313708385002.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>>85308284
>He might be a great comic book writer

He might be, but he's not.
>>
Just watch YMS videos on the Walking Dead, Darabont really did care and wanted to properly adapt the comics.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.