[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big Little Lies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: C8c3jxtXgAA2nHZ.jpg-large.jpg (446KB, 1360x2015px) Image search: [Google]
C8c3jxtXgAA2nHZ.jpg-large.jpg
446KB, 1360x2015px
Just finished watching this with my mom and sister. I was pleasantly surprised, it's top-tier bitchkino. The real trick is you basically like all of them by the end, even the most insufferable, as well as their faggy boyfriends/husbands and (shockingly not annoying) kids. Really solid writing and acting. Only thing I didn't get was how an unpleasant sexual encounter with a guy you were going to fuck anyway can become this life-defining trauma. But I was willing to go along with it because the actress and the writing were both really good.

Anyone else watch it? What'd you think? Should they do a season 2? Any recommendations for movies/tv along the same lines?

If you haven't seen it and care about spoilers get out. Personally I read about the broad strokes of the ending after watching two episodes because I could tell they'd be doing a lot of foreshadowing and I enjoy watching for stuff like that. It was the right call, for me.
>>
>>85304815
Oh well. I am a few months late
>>
>>85304815
Reese witherspoon plays a bitch way too well
>>
>>85304815
ending was Godfather-tier, with the kids playing mixed with the murder at the end. it was a really great ride while it lasted,but I might not rewatch it for awhile.

>>85306081
don't worry, nobody talked about it then either. I also hope they don't do a second season.
>>
I thought it was weird that they made the abusiver have such huge dick. I mean, of course it's possible in real life but on the show it was just laughable and distracting
>>
>>85306254
Yeah, seems like the stars want to do a season 2 or are open to it at least but I can't think of how they could continue the story without it feeling contrived. Really wrapped it up nicely.

>>85306345
I think it was part of making him seem like the perfect man aside from his sexual violence. To help understand why a high-level woman like
Celeste
fell under his spell and got stuck.
>>
>>85306220
A likable bitch, that's the key thing
>>
>>85304815
It was accurate. Very accurate. I mean in terms of the bitchiness.

I'm torn about wanting a season two. It could work. Leftovers had no source after S1 and that was perfect. If the original author is on board and knows where to take things and they can get everyone back then sure.
>>
I, too, watched this show with my mom and sister. I'm a bit disappointed that there were no /tv/ livethreads about this, would've been a grand time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.