[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm confused. Is this supposed to be fantasy satire like,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: Netflix-Castlevania.jpg (24KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
Netflix-Castlevania.jpg
24KB, 700x500px
I'm confused.
Is this supposed to be fantasy satire like, say, Army of Darkness?

The animation is excellent but the dialogue is so incredibly cliched, it's baffling. It sounds like something straight out of one of those novels with shirtless dudes on the cover that middle-aged women pick up at the airport.
>>
That's what you get for listening to the ENG audio instead of the JAP one. Even if it is not the canon one.
>>
>>85300813
But did they Change the dialogue? Or are just saying that the Japanese voiceacting is better?
>>
>>85300813
Welp, never mind, can't select jap Audio in my Country, only German, English, French and [Spoiler]Turkish :')[/Spoiler]
>>
That's what you get for watching a Netflix Original. I was sitting in hospital for two weeks with nothing better to do than shit into a colostomy bag and I couldn't make it through two episodes of this and it wasn't even my netflix account.
>>
>>85300758
They are just trying to make it as corny and embarrassing as other anime. It works imo.
>>
It's supposed to cheesy and cliche in an enjoyable way just like the source material. Or 99% of fiction. Rabid anti-clericalism aside, it was good.
>>
>>85301690
Main character is completely unlikeable

Lovable loser who's actually just great at everything is boring
>>
>>85301480
>They are just trying to make it as corny and embarrassing as other anime

See, this is something I don't understand at all.
While American Animation has Overall declined in Quality (esepcially the big studios)over the last decades, a few Talents still put out very good animated films on a semi-regular Basis (Coraline, Rango, Fantastic Mr. Fox and Anomalisa come to mind).

However, the American market is completely devoid of any any Quality animated Shows aimed at an adult audience.
Japan, on the other Hand, shits out one or two great Shows every year, which is amazing.

Just look at stuff like Tatami galaxy, Mushishi and Ping Pong - it puts decades of american Cartoons to shame. Why not aim for something like that? Why adopt the style of bottom of the Barrel trash like Naruto or One Piece?
>>
>>85301401
>I was sitting in hospital for two weeks with nothing better to do than shit into a colostomy bag
What happened my dude? Are you alright?
>>
>>85301690
>Rabid anti-clericalism

You do realize the inquisition was a real phenomenon in medieval Europe, right? The atrocities they commited may not have been as comical as depicted in the show, but they were every bit as gruesome. Depicting the church as anything other than the barbarians they were before they were transformed during enlightenment is historical revisionism. It's essentially the only thing the show got right.
>>
File: title-animation.png (37KB, 772x711px) Image search: [Google]
title-animation.png
37KB, 772x711px
I thought they did a pretty good job considering this was the source material.
>>
>>85302381
Yeah, I've go an abdominal fistula thanks to my Crohn's Disease. Basically, I have a hole in my large intestine that's leaking through my side. They're gonna cut that part out and fix the intestine back together. All this and I still didn't like Castlevania.
>>
>>85302501
What about those centuries of preserving literature and education in the monasteries? Copying books by hand and shit. Don't tell me that never happened because of mainland political fuckery.
>>
File: 1419259798426.png (149KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1419259798426.png
149KB, 396x385px
>>85302623
try watching the x-files instead, super comfy show when you're sick

hope everything works out for ya m8
>>
>>85302555

Yeah they did a pretty good job, just a bit rushed due to the 4 episode 1st season.
Understandable but a shame, finding his compatriots would have made for some good stories.

I wonder if they'll eventually do the whole Rondo of Blood/SOTN story.
>>
>>85302555
That's not a very good Argument considering there wasn't much material to begin with aside from a few character names and Locations. The writers had (the chance) to build the entire plot from scratch and they still put out garbage.

At least, when adapting a novel or Comic book you can blame shit results on having to incorporate the bad Elements from the source material. The Netflix Castelvania creators have no excuse!
>>
All I was wondering while watching this, was if anyone that didn't know the game actually liked this? The introduction of characters and pacing was awful. Everything just happened too damn fast

It would be better if they started with Belmont from the get-go instead of half-assing dracula.
>>
>>85302699
Those were the efforts and accomplishments of individuals and communities that were in many ways seperate from and had Little influence on the political and ideological System known as the medieval church.
>>
>>85302716
Thanks anon, I've been looking for an excuse to go through X-Files again
>>
>>85302501
>You do realize the inquisition was a real phenomenon in medieval Europe, right?
They dispelled superstition and did nothing wrong.
>Depicting the church as anything other than the barbarians they were before they were transformed during enlightenment is historical revisionism.
Opposite is true. You're going by outdated Anglo Victorian Black legends and enlightenment propaganda. Every historian would tell you as such.
>>
>>85302555
Where does it say the church was bigots who burned innocent womyn scientists
>>
>>85300758
just lazy writing in my opinion.
>>
>>85303407
They took that from SotN, a later game
>>
File: 1745751-warren5.jpg (64KB, 424x594px) Image search: [Google]
1745751-warren5.jpg
64KB, 424x594px
Hey, if you enjoyed my writing, don't forget to buy my book Crooked Little Vein, it's about aids sex and gay sex and cucks.
>>
File: 1498352147851.png (46KB, 272x269px) Image search: [Google]
1498352147851.png
46KB, 272x269px
>>85300758
Pretty overrated was short didn't care about anybody in the end only thing thing I like was the animation and some of the establishment shots. Might give Season 2 a chance to see if they improved it but other than that it was meh
>>85300813
This isn't an Anime it was made in the West. The Animations was outsourced to some Korean animation company. So that's why it looks like an Anime
>>
>>85303265
>Opposite is true.

It is? I'm sceptical but willing to revise my Position. Most of my history Knowledge Comes from reading of educational material during highschool.

Can you give any Sauce or link that proves your Point?
>>
Why are there only 4 20 min long episodes? The whole story feels way to fucking rushed and miniscule in a universe that feels so expansive. Animation is great and the overall aesthetic is good too but it feels like a snapshot of what could be a good show instead of an actually good show
>>
>>85303902
>The Animations was outsourced to some Korean animation company

the storyboards too? I find that hard to believe. If what you say is true there are two Scenarios:

A) The Animators ignored the American storyboards and changed the style. This would be a fuckup of incredible prorportions.

B) They followed the storyboards in which case it was intended as Anime-ish from the beginning.
>>
>>85302893
>Everything just happened too damn fast

This. How are we supposed to care about the Girl when she meets Dracula for literally one Scene, then directly cut to her death.
>>
>>85304648
I think it was going for an anime style from the start but it's not truly anime because it was made by a western production company. An analogous example would be the last airbender, with very strong asian influences but created by and for westerners
>>
>>85302893
My cousin liked it a lot. But then again, he's a typical 15-year old with shit taste.
>>
>>85300758
why do fags on /tv/ talk shit about the writing of literally EVERY show EVER made?
99% of the people on this entire website couldnt write better let alone above a 5th grade level.
>>
>>85304985
>Criticism is invalid when the critic doesn't have the same skill as the artist

Oh boy, here we go
>>
>>85304868
Sure, but you were implying that it only turned out anime-ish because it was outsourced to Korea.
>>
>>85305710
well it helps when the people who write at a 5th grade level also think at one
>>
>>85305710
What's the saying? You don't need to be a 5 star chef to know if food tastes like shit?
>>
>>85300758
I had problems with them making the vampires out to be the"good" guys and the church full of mad men, The rest I can over look as it is a anime based on a old video game.
>>
File: Pachi_dracula_04_1024.jpg (582KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Pachi_dracula_04_1024.jpg
582KB, 1024x768px
>>85300758
>It sounds like something straight out of one of those novels with shirtless dudes on the cover that middle-aged women pick up at the airport
anon...
>>
>>85309262
oh my
>>
>>85309316
>>
>>85300758
Dracula did nothing wrong
>>
>>85300758
it's manchild trash, what did you expect?
>>>/v/
>>>/co/
>>
>>85304332
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_revision_of_the_Inquisition
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.