[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0578.jpg (42KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0578.jpg
42KB, 259x384px
What went wrong?
>>
trying
>>
>>85295698
not diverse enough ugh
>>
>>85295698
The ending
>>
>>85295798
....tonight, a Comedian died

CUE MCR
>>
its perfect
>>
Too long. Fucking boring.
>>
The Rape Scene wasn't explicit enough.
>>
>>85295698
synder has no clue on how to direct actors.

most actors chosen were god awful.

didn't focus at all on normal people, so when the plan when through, it had no visceral impact.

music was too on the nose. even more than moore's.
>>
>>85295749
unironically and seriously this

its set in New York and in America and theres not one black person as a superhero. it's oppressive thinking to think black people aren't or weren't able to be superheroes.

ozymandias should have been black. this film was basically saying not only are black people not able to be superheroes but they're also not able to be intelligent, totally fucking wrong.
>>
It's not the comic, just because it looks cinematic doesn't mean you won't lose a lot in translation. You decide what the action between panels means that's something physically impossible to do in film
>>
>>85295958
The source material had them like that. Also what you said about what they think about blacks isn't a their opinion but a fact
>>
>>85295698
The movie tries too hard to be Capeshit(tm) while the comic is literally an exploration of what super heroes would be like if they were real.

The choreographed action scenes, the slick violence, the fucking costumes, all of this focused on being "cool" and "stylish," rather than being realistic in any way.

Honestly, I don't think it would be possible for any movie to do justice to Watchmen without being 3 hours long and following the comic to a severely autistic degree. Watchmen is the sum of like 20 different elements all coming together to form a more perfect whole, and cutting even one of those elements or story lines out makes the whole feel cheap.

That all being said, the movie isn't THAT bad other than the retarded ending. It suffers from the same problems all film adaptions do.
>>
snyder is a music video director with no real sense of dramaturgy, he just does "cool moments" strung together.

the screenplay commits various stupid mistakes in adapting the comic. for example everyone involved in the movie failed to realize that the street level stuff with the psychiatrist, the street vendor, the cops, etc. is the true heart of the story. it's what watchmen is about. it's setting you up for the payoff that the ends never justify the means, that veidt snuffed out all these people's lives and it can never, ever be right. and it's not in the movie. and no i don't give a fuck if it's in the SUPER DUPER DELUXE EDITION or whatever.

also watchmen just didn't need a movie adaptation. you gain nothing by taking it from one medium to another. and it's weird to me that the movie is still set in 1985 and is still about cold war anxieties. when watchmen was published in 1985-86 the whole point was that it was contemporaneous -- the characters get vaporized and you could get vaporized too. by recasting it as a period piece you fundamentally change people's orientation to the story.
>>
>>85295698
nothing went wrong.
this is unironically the best film ever made.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.