[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there be a day when twist endings become boring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Life_(2017_film).png (96KB, 220x326px)
Life_(2017_film).png
96KB, 220x326px
Will there be a day when twist endings become boring?
>>
>>85285779
This one was pretty predictable I thought.

So yeah
>>
>>85286108
Yeah I agree that the twist was predictable but it was still shocking since the consequences for Earth were so severe.
>>
>>85286108
Definitely. My girlfriend still fell for it hook, line and sinker though. No matter how predictable a twist is, there'll still be a huge number of people that won't see it coming.
>>
>>85286181
Were they really? That thing was dangerous, but it almost got beaten by a few scientists with no weapons. Now it's supposed to rampage across Earth and withstand the combined armed forces of all nations, including all those nukes?
>>
it depends what you mean because it will be a constant that most of the planet is made of simpletons
>>
>>85286289
I'm not saying we don't have the means to destroy that thing (nukes) but no country would immediately go to that. They would first send science teams and soldiers and maybe tanks but when they choose to go for the nukes it might be too late. Either way still pretty fucked up to have that organism on Earth.
>>
>>85285779

Yes, they are basically expected now
>>
>>85286388
Yeah, on second thought, it doesn't have to literally wipe out the human race to still be a pretty fucking bad thing to happen. Lotta people gonna die.
>>
I totally thought the alien would give the crippled dude some stem cells or something and get his legs working again. They even set everything up by mentioning all the medical advances it would have on earth. It would have at least led to a moral debate about not trying to kill it so suddenly and maybe have him defending the alien against the rest of the crew.
But then the guy just dies.
>>
>>85286289
We don't really know how the thing reproduces. But apparently even a single cell surviving is enough to reform, suggesting that if part of it does split off, it could conceivably overrun the Earth pretty quickly.
>>
>>85286429
Does this confirm that the movie is actually secretly a prequel to the Cell saga in DBZ?
>>
I'm just tired of these movies where they keep making dumb decisions

>LOL WE'RE REENTERING THE EARTHS ATMOSPHERE BECAUSE WE KEPT FIRING THE THRUSTERS, DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!!
>>
The biggest twist is that they were always boring. It's what comes before that makes them seem not boring to you.

That's why a movie based on a twist alone will fail (Sixth Sense was more than it's twist btw, in case you were going to bring it up).
>>
>>85286220

They are called "low IQ idiots". So 80% of movie goers and capeshit watchers.
>>
File: 1483752410003.gif (2MB, 280x211px) Image search: [Google]
1483752410003.gif
2MB, 280x211px
Man this Movie was so fucking retarded on so many levels.

>completely wrong orbital mechanics
>ISS only having 1 radio
>the Lab doesn't even have an "airlock"
>alien is carbon based and goes to sleep when it has no air but is later seen jumping around in vaccum of space without getting tired
>alien can't be burned with a flamethrower (lmao the ISS having Flame Throwers on board nigga pls)
>alien is seen using tools but is too dumb to open a door yet at the end can perfectly land the human spaceship
>"alien will surely survive the reentry heat OUTSIDE the spaceship" (not that it would survive inside when reentry happens)
>retards put it safely into one of the rescue capsules
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.