[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth seeing everything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Star-Trek1.jpg (64KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Trek1.jpg
64KB, 660x330px
I'm finishing S1 of TOS right now, and I was wondering if it's worth seeing Voyager, DS9, TNG & Enterprise. I have them all storred in my Hard Drive, but it's not like I have tons of time. I like TOS well enough, but dunno if it's something I'm willing to devote hundreds of hours to.
>>
Worth to see TNG
DS9 is required if you want to understand most of the trek meme on /tv/
>>
>>85283202
I don't think it is overall worth spending a whole lot of time into it, tbph. TOS is the only trek really worth watching, and essential viewing. TNG is memetrek. DS9 has some good moments but it's really a different kind of show; some really like it, others don't. VOY is largely shit but has great characters. ENT is underrated, and imho better than VOY, and DS9. It's despised though by memetrekkers for not being a meme show like TNG.

I'd stick to TOS and the movies (1-6 and First Contact). That's really all the trek you really need.
>>
animated - very ok
tng - very very ok
ds9 - the best
voy - very ok
ent - shit as fuck
>>
>>85283202
TNG and ENT yes, DS9 if you want more trek, VOY if you REALLY want more trek.
>>
>>85283912
So meme just means popular now right?
>>
>>85283202
the first two seasons are great
the third gets a bit heavy-handed with sjw stuff, but still good
>>
>>85283202
Deep Space Nine is imo the best Star Trek series and is definitely the one to watch if you only could watch one of them.

The Next Generation is a close second.

If you want to continue watching TOS, the second season of TOS is the best out of the three.
>>
>>85283202
DS9's probably the best; but it utterly falls to shit almost anytime the Bajoran prophet shit is brought 100% into focus (the show's mainly somewhat worse about that from season 6 onwards), so be aware of that. Otherwise, it's 7 seasons of good times.
>>
>>85283202

Definitely watch TNG out of all of those. After S2 or 3 of TOS (3 took a funding hit and massive drops in quality, I'd spread it through TNG personally).

Don't go from TOS straight to DS9 or VOY or ENT. You'll be massively disappointed.

TNG is an amazing show that kick-started the modern Trek phenomenon. It's the reason all those other shows even exist. It turned TOS from a campy cult underground classic into actually genuine high-production-value well-acted great television (after season 1, it had a rocky start being the first experimental Trek on TV in 20 years and they didn't know if Trek mk2 would take off).

The others are bonus material.

If you watch all 7 seasons of TNG and want MORE GIVE ME MORE, DS9 will be good. DS9 is a very tediously slow-starting slow burning epic with overarching plot that suits netflix marathons well. It's good if you're already invested in the 24th Century Trek world from TNG or VOY. Mega-nerds love it and consider it the GOAT TREK zomg best television evar made start with DS9! No. Don't start with DS9 it's not casual or newbie friendly.

VOY is TNG without the high-production values. It's hated by hardcore fans because it also has the sting of a potential overarching plot that was ignored in favour of a TOS/TNG style reset button. But hey that's the 90s, I personally liked it and it worked better with casuals and newbies than DS9, but the Trek nerd hivemind hath spoken and its SHIT FUCKING VOYAGER REEEEEEE.

ENT is literally wat. It's a prequel. It ruined canon, it did really weird shit. It had a strange overarching plot that was tedious and made no sense when they could've done literally anything else. They could've done the Earth-Romulan war! That was about this period. But no we got "Xindi" shit, which are never mentioned in any of the other shows. It is the newest series though so it has a small fanbase who like it, but they're WRONG. Consider it bonus material like the Star Wars prequels.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.