[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (148KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
148KB, 630x1200px
A couple comments:
- Maguire's acting here is the equivalent of the Raimi meme on Spiderman
- Was he autistic?
- Did the jews were the bad guys?

Overrall, pretty good. 8/10
>>
>>85282956
Good god that poster is terrible
>>
Why doesn't anyone cast Tobey Maguire anymore?
>>
>>85282956
Bobby Fisher was batshit insane. He very much acted like that.
>>
>>85282956
it's very bad. i don't know why they felt the need to entirely contradict the reality of chess and how it's played. although that is consistent with the general problem of the film, which is that they just wanted to make another boring biopic that centered on the competition of the 1972 world championship. bobby fischer was one of the strangest, most eccentric, tragic figures in pop culture history. hopefully someone will decide to make a proper film about his life which is well-cast. i like tobey maguire a lot but he was a god awful choice. he looks nothing like fischer and is known for playing characters that are the complete opposite
>>
>>85284552

Liev Shrieber killed it as Spassky though
>>
>>85284584
i thought he did a good job too, but there wasn't much to work with. he was basically given the cliche role of "you're the emotionless russian athlete who tries to remain in control of yourself at all times. you have a philosophical, detached view on everything". spassky and the world championship should be footnotes in a film about fischer. he wasn't fischer's great rival as many seem to think. he was the russian who happened to be champion at the time, who fischer grew to admire through the match and then later in the rematch for his sportsmanship and independence from the soviet union. but it was the effect of winning the championship that mattered, the nature of the championship itself and who the world champion was meant absolutely nothing to fischer
>>
>>85284242
Because Raimi redpilled him
>>
>>85284242

Word has it he's very hard to work with.
>>
>>85284584

Schreiber kills it as every role he ever played. Such a good actor
>>
>>85284242
Hard to work with, but a way better actor than James Franco.
>>
>>85284242
it's Tugboat you dip
>>
File: 1487167703712.jpg (40KB, 785x533px) Image search: [Google]
1487167703712.jpg
40KB, 785x533px
>>85284552
I hated the casting as well. Fischer was handsome 6'1" and athletic and I think his unexpected physical appearance is an important aspect of him.
>>
>>85286033
>A robot in a Chad's body
>>
I liked it a lot. I play Chess daily and played in tournaments in my youth, so it was a joy to view. They got some of the things wrong, but I was generally happy with the movie.

That tension you feel when you're playing Chess is accurate. They got that part down to a tee.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.