[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, who is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Now that the dust has settled, who is better?
>>
Synder

our guy Armond agrees
>>
File: suckerpunch_keyart.jpg (58KB, 270x405px) Image search: [Google]
suckerpunch_keyart.jpg
58KB, 270x405px
Snyder is the fast food equivalent of Nolan, as far as capeshit goes.
Nolan also didn't direct this fucking dreck.
>>
Nolan = Five Guys
Snyder = McDonalds
>>
Snyder can do character development and choreography. Nolan can do nice wide shots as long as he hires the right person
>>
>>85280860
Batman Begins was the only film in Nolan's trilogy that had any resemblance to capeshit. TDK and TDKR are both crime dramas starring Batman. At the end of the day people paid to see a comic book movie, so I'd have to go with Snyder.
>>
>>85282067
I don't see how Snyder did any better when he was trying to emulate Nolan's realism.
>>
I've written a pretty long post about this yesterday but:

Most definitely Snyder. Nolan has talent and is probably the better writer between the two but there is that kinda stoic, matter of fact realism to his work that stops him from being a legitimately great director. He manage to make a movie about dreams look dull and a movie about Batman look realistic. And at least two of his Batman movies were very good if highly overrated, but they are at their best when they take a break from realism and introduce something genuinely unpredictable like the Joker to it. Again, good craftsmanship but at the end of the day very dull and unimaginative.

Then look at Batman v Superman and how different it feels. There are textures and sounscapes that make it feel very mystical, almost dreamlike. There's a genuine edge to his portrayal of these characters he doesn't just adapt them to the real world, he subverts them and makes the viewer question them. He creates a world that is similar to our own in a lot of regards but give it a somewhat fantastical quality but at the same time makes it feel lived in and very detailed.

so, I'm gonna go with Snyder. I find Nolan absurdly overrated. Inception was trash.
>>
>>85282342
This
>>
>>85281942
Both is essentially fast food but Nolan is the best fast food there is, while Snyder being just greasy food, he does the job but nobody would consider him tasty or anything and if there are other options available its always best to take them. Great analogy
>>
File: zackgal.jpg (113KB, 1070x711px) Image search: [Google]
zackgal.jpg
113KB, 1070x711px
also who is better looking? i personally find zack insanely hot. he is epitome of alpha male imo
>>
>>85282342
Exactly. I'm not sure how much of this is Snyder legitimately having talent and how much is him just bumbling into greatness by complete accident but still.
>>
>>85281964
I'm sorry but Snyder definitely has the better cinematography

Nolan can write but he can't compose or film a shot to save his life
>>
>Batman Stops a van by landing on it
>Batman suddenly appears in the middle of a well lit room
>Jokah's schizo goons are able to carry out his plans immaculaetly

Why do people think nolan's batman films were "re a l i s t i c" again?
>>
>Hack Snyder
>good

Is only good film is Dawn of the Dead
>>
>>85282067

At the end of the day people paid to see a good movie. So I'll go with Nolan.
>>
It's a testament to how rife the hipster infestation is here that people are replying in support of Snyder.

He's an objectively talentless and pretentious faggot.
>>
>>85282986

I think he does have raw talent. Doesn't always use it well but calling him a talentless hack couldn't be more wrong.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.