[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boomer propaganda, and not even fun or well made at that. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: dumbkirk.jpg (77KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
dumbkirk.jpg
77KB, 600x400px
Boomer propaganda, and not even fun or well made at that. The film is basically British Saving Private Ryan. Nolan and Brits cuck themselves for the French. Germans are in one blurry shot in the entire film and are otherwise faceless, disembodied Lovecraftian Others manifested by carefully selected bullet placement. Tom hardy wears a mask and crashes multiple planes with no survivors. The entire film seems like Nolan attempting to create his own version of an emotional and tense genre film, except this one of several in his oeuvre where it doesn't actually work and the emotional and tense moments come off as forced. There's an entire subplot devoted to how British people who side with fellow Brits over the French are evil, and one of the main British characters who espouses any notion of exclusive British camaraderie drowns in a particularly gruesome fashion. The anti-nationalism sentiment is timed specifically for political and topical relevance. Unfortunately, much like Saving Private Ryan, this smug and moralistic condemnation of tribalism is never actually explored or fleshed out because the Germans are apparently the eternal evil and so alien that they don't even deserve screentime, they exist as disembodied bullets much in the same way as the mass shooter in Keith Maitland's 2016 film Tower was excised from the film as both a "fuck you" to the perceived perpetrator and as a stab at pretentions of minimalism and the avant garde. Cilian Murphy attempts to play a difficult role but, due to either his own lack of acting ability or due to the incompetence of both Nolan and the script, his performance comes off as stilted and unnecessary.

Don't pay money to see this shit.
>>
>>85277568
Noone wants to read your long and shitty bait Armond
>>
>>85277568
So it's Nolan's American Sniper?
>>
>>85277568
I dont think you know what a Boomer is.
>>
>>85277568
>Nolan and Brits cuck themselves for the French.
It's funny because in real life it was the French who took one for the anglo.
>>
>>85277798
Nolan's latent Anglo guilt perhaps?
>>
>>85277568
the OP's post is what happens when people are being oversensitive of putting common sense paragraph brakes in their op-ed in the chance they will be replied to with "nice reddit spacing".
>>
>>85278063
This anon's post is what happens when people are being oversensitive to the fact that the "reddit spacing" meme was created by redditors trying to fit in on 4chan.
>>
>>85277798

The French are the ones manning the perimeters & aren't evacuated until the BEF is fully withdrawn. It's accurate.
>>
File: peter.png (737KB, 1018x572px) Image search: [Google]
peter.png
737KB, 1018x572px
"He's dead, mate."
>>
Wasn't diverse enough
>>
>>85277568
My father is a Baby Boomer, and he fucking hated this movie.
>>
>>85278234
Indeed. Offtopic but the only thing I found inaccurate was the emphasis of the civilians themselves. My understanding is that in reality the vast majority of civilian ships were commandeered by the Royal Navy. There were definitely some civilians but I believe they're the vast minority.
>>
>>85277568
Stop shilling for Dunkike, does it portray the Anglos like the cowards they were?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.